Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 18
Re: The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour dates and more info
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 4, 2013 06:23

tommyquinn
....and no where else can I spend $600 for something that will put me in a good mood for weeks, as well as giving me 2-2 1/2 hours of absolute enjoyment. Paul McCartney is OK, but don't get a rush from listening to him. The Who are half a Who now, the Stones are it, 5 of them onstage together....the ultimate feel-good event. No, I can't afford it, but so what, that is what credit cards and bankruptcy are for.

I really needed that right now!!!!!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 4, 2013 07:48

Jesus H.Christ on a Popsicle Stick! so much for lower prices on the additional shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 07:49 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 4, 2013 08:40

Can we please discuss prices on the said Threat and leave discussions about getting/holding/meeting tickets/friends on this one.

And yes there is a seperate thread for Hyde Park

THANK YOUsmoking smiley

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 4, 2013 09:22

Breakdown of ticket prices for San Jose:

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: April 4, 2013 09:33

Wow I paid $175 in 2003 for the same seat that is now $600! :-((((

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 4, 2013 09:34

maradona
Rolling Hansie
corriecas
i am not gonna spend about 900 euros for 2 days London and one Stones concert.

95 GBP for GA tickets.
Edit: For London Hyde Park

Yeah and if you do it like me (arrive Saturday in the afternoon and fly back Sunday morning very early) you can even save the hotel coasts by just staying awake in town. I guess there will be many fans around doing the same. All in all this would be about 300-400€. But for sure it's a lot of money and I can understand everybody resisting to join due to financial reasons.

I am not talking about the GA tickets.
I wanted tickets s closeto the stage as possible

jeroen

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 4, 2013 09:52

What happened to the Quebec City show?

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: April 4, 2013 10:13

What do you think? Are there any chances for announcing more European dates or London shows (and Glastonbury) will be the last chance to see them here in Europe?

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: April 4, 2013 10:49

island01
What do you think? Are there any chances for announcing more European dates or London shows (and Glastonbury) will be the last chance to see them here in Europe?

I think Continental fans deserve a last gift... Paris, Rome, Berlin... can't believe they don't do it. Autumn, maybe?
Now, each and every year that passes by is dangerous and makes the final of the band closer .... but it will depend on the guys' feelings on this small tour.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 4, 2013 10:54

erikjjf
Breakdown of ticket prices for San Jose:

Nice map! GA would be the same as P1 I assume or are they implying you can't buy them unless you're darn lucky ? ;-)

Date: April 4, 2013 11:22

spain73
island01

I think Continental fans deserve a last gift... Paris, Rome, Berlin... can't believe they don't do it. Autumn, maybe?
Now, each and every year that passes by is dangerous and makes the final of the band closer .... but it will depend on the guys' feelings on this small tour.
I don't know if you hear the planetrock interview as the guy asked them about further live gigs after Hyde Park and both Mick and Keith replied vaguely.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 4, 2013 11:31

FrankM
How can you have a tour without a single show in the New York Metroplitan area? I know they were just here but have at least one show in the area!

They didn't play New York in '78, unless you count the 3,000 people who got to see them at the Palladium. Most of us just drove the 90 miles down to JFK Stadium to see them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 11:40 by tatters.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 4, 2013 11:32

The website says Tier 1 and Tier 2 sold out (Hyde Park July 6th)...is that even possible?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 4, 2013 11:46

island01

I was about to ask the same question .

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 4, 2013 12:01

Please note that I have made separate threads for each of the cities on this tour. For general discussions about the tour feel free to use this thread still.

Please use the following links for show planning purposes:

Oakland : [www.iorr.org]
San Jose : [www.iorr.org]
Las Vegas : [www.iorr.org]
Anaheim : [www.iorr.org]
Toronto : [www.iorr.org]
Chicago : [www.iorr.org]
Boston : [www.iorr.org]
Philadelphia : [www.iorr.org]
Los Angeles : [www.iorr.org]

This list of links is on page one of this thead, and will be avalable other places easily soon...

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 12:02 by bv.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 4, 2013 12:09

exhpart
The website says Tier 1 and Tier 2 sold out (Hyde Park July 6th)...is that even possible?

Viagogo yawning smiley))

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 4, 2013 12:44

exhpart

Well that's just the presale normally, unless you've seen otherwise? Check out the Hyde Park thread, it was a carnage this morning to get tix !

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 4, 2013 13:21

bv
There might be a few more dates in North America, typical 2nd shows in cities like Chicago, Philadelphia

What about the two-week gap in the schedule between Chicago & Boston ?
The entire southeast of the U.S. has (until now) been left out of the schedule.

Do you think other cities could be added during this time rather than simply adding shows in existing cities ?

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 4, 2013 13:26

Edith Grove
bv
There might be a few more dates in North America, typical 2nd shows in cities like Chicago, Philadelphia

Do you think other cities could be added during this time rather than simply adding shows in existing cities ?

Well, the 9 shows announced in the U.S., if they added a 2nd show to each City, adds up to the 18 shows speculated before yesterday's announcement.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: April 4, 2013 13:34

chriseganstar
Edith Grove
bv

Well, the 9 shows announced in the U.S., if they added a 2nd show to each City, adds up to the 18 shows speculated before yesterday's announcement.

That would make it easy to add shows in Boston & Chicago, but then some bouncing back & forth between other (already visited) cities.

Seems to me like it would be more prudent to go to other large markets such as Atlanta, etc.

Date: April 4, 2013 13:44

Edith Grove
chriseganstar
Edith Grove
bv

That would make it easy to add shows in Boston & Chicago, but then some bouncing back & forth between other (already visited) cities.

Seems to me like it would be more prudent to go to other large markets such as Atlanta, etc.
well if you see the dates there could be an additional show at the MGM, Then one in Anaheim, one before the actual date in Toronto, a second in Chicago and in Boston and Philadelphia as well. that would add 6 shows as double city dates.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 4, 2013 14:03

Some thoughts that may be helpful:

I live in LA but I have always found that Chicago is a Great place to see an exciting show...so for those of you who will have to fly in from the South you will not be disappointed.

Re LA, for those of you who are flying into LA, Anaheim is a good thirty miles from downtown...It means you will need a rental car if you want to explore LA, Sunset Strip etc.

Date: April 4, 2013 14:05

Grison
Edith Grove
chriseganstar
Edith Grove
bv

well if you see the dates there could be an additional show at the MGM, Then one in Anaheim, one before the actual date in Toronto, a second in Chicago and in Boston and Philadelphia as well. that would add 6 shows as double city dates.

That leaves a (possible) ten-day gap between Chicago & Boston.

Still enough room to expand their coverage if they want to.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 4, 2013 14:34

chriseganstar

For the LA and SF areas, they already have two shows each.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 4, 2013 14:59

I haven't gone through all the pages on this thread,but anyone mentioned where and when are the ................................REHEARSALS. hot smiley

Probabably be on west coast U.S.A. or Toronto I guess.

Any ideas. winking smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 4, 2013 15:20

Edith Grove
Grison
Edith Grove
chriseganstar
Edith Grove
bv

That leaves a (possible) ten-day gap between Chicago & Boston.

Still enough room to expand their coverage if they want to.

Or better yet, maybe Bobby Keys and Mick Taylor can play some club dates together!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 4, 2013 15:28

I just bought plane tickets, so I'll be in London on July 6th. So the word on the street is to not buy concert tickets now but wait untill later ?

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: April 4, 2013 15:45

There are still tickets available keep on trying!!!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 4, 2013 16:03

marianna
I'm going to assume that seats that are "only" $75 are behind the stage. Maybe the highest rows of the arena, but close to the stage if they're not all behind the stage. And with service charges, they're over $100. I would like to see Mick Taylor, but they're ripping people off. They weren't very good the last couple of times I saw them some years ago, and I assume they're not as good now, Mick Taylor or no Mick Taylor. Plus, as long as Ron Wood is in the band, you're stuck having to hear him.
life is all about the FREEDOM to choose . if you dont like it you can stay home .dont think for a second that these tickets will not got sold out .there are plenty of people that will gladly go and pay what they have to pay to see the stones .

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 4, 2013 16:09

SweetThing
treaclefingers
FrankM
How can you have a tour without a single show in the New York Metroplitan area? I know they were just here but have at least one show in the area!

WTF? Didn't they just do 3 shows in the New York Metropolitan area a few months ago?

How greedy can you people get?!

We're still making up for 1978. smiling smiley

Shidoobee!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1061
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home