Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 18
Re: The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour dates and more info
Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 4, 2013 00:27

Rolling Hansie
corriecas
i am not gonna spend about 900 euros for 2 days London and one Stones concert.

95 GBP for GA tickets.
Edit: For London Hyde Park

Yeah and if you do it like me (arrive Saturday in the afternoon and fly back Sunday morning very early) you can even save the hotel coasts by just staying awake in town. I guess there will be many fans around doing the same. All in all this would be about 300-400€. But for sure it's a lot of money and I can understand everybody resisting to join due to financial reasons.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 4, 2013 00:28

latebloomer
memphiscats
latebloomer
Looks like Philly for me, it's a short train ride from DC. If they add Atlanta or NYC, I may try for those as well. If they make it to DC, then maybe cheap tickets for the whole family.

Really happy about seeing them again, with Mick Taylor too!

I think I am going to go ahead and book a hotel room now in Philadelphia, anyone know what is closest to the venue?

Hope to see some of you there!smiling smiley
I bummed, Bloomer - would've been fun to hang with you! I'm heading to Chicago. It was either Chicago or Toronto. Chicago is closest. Hopefully they'll be some more shows south of the Mason Dixon.

Anyone else going to Chicago??

Would love to meet up with you too, Memphiscats! Will you go to Atlanta, if they add a show there? I am assuming you are actually in Memphis.cool smiley
I'd love to get to Atlanta if they tour there - I'll just have to see how much money I can rationalize spending chasing the Stones around the country winking smiley. It would be great to join forces with you! Ha -perhaps creating a "mother's little helper's support group. And yes - I'm really truly in Memphis - although I'm a Bostonion/Torontonian transplant...But it's all good! smoking smileyhot smiley

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 4, 2013 00:31

corriecas
Whale
lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas
I am not gonna pay for Jaggers ex-wives, ronnies ex-wives etc.

Just Gonna wait for the Ziggodome Amsterdam.

Thats gonna be expensive as well, but....in my own country.

jeroen

you really think that had they married once and stayed married the tix would be more in the $50-$75 range? i hadn't really considered that possbility, but it makes sense.

I wonder if they would consider maybe allow the poorer fans to just pay to see the show on a song for song basis.

Start Me Up - $20
Get Off of My Cloud - $35 (hey, it was hard and costly to learn that one again!)
"the evening ballad" - $45 (it's hard when you have to tone it down for just one song!)
Midnight Ramber with MT - $150 (sorry, but some folks are paying for a whole show just to see this one moment)
Warhorse Parade - $100 (package deal of the night!)

How much for Band Intros???

Never mind that, how much for Love Train?
Come on Jeroen. Just get that flight to London.
I took it last year. I had a great time. Also an empty wallet, but it was worth it.
If there is a 2nd Hyde Park I'll go again, and I'll pay up again.
What if Ziggodome never happens?

Simply because i dont have a lot of money and cant afford to go. And..i think the prices are outrageous.
Dont het me wrong, i love the Stones. Been a fan since 1973 and seen them many times. But this is the limit.

@#$%& them, i cant afford it.

Jeroen

it's okay to go ahead and hate the stones; everybody's doing it.

Date: April 4, 2013 00:33

Hairball
lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

you really think that had they married once and stayed married the tix would be more in the $50-$75 range? i hadn't really considered that possbility, but it makes sense.

I wonder if they would consider maybe allow the poorer fans to just pay to see the show on a song for song basis.

Start Me Up - $20
Get Off of My Cloud - $35 (hey, it was hard and costly to learn that one again!)
"the evening ballad" - $45 (it's hard when you have to tone it down for just one song!)
Midnight Ramber with MT - $150 (sorry, but some folks are paying for a whole show just to see this one moment)

Will they give a partial refund if they play Streets of Love?

Streets of Love - $4.50 refund, but must be applied to a song/set worth at least $35

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 4, 2013 00:35

You guys might like SOL live.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 4, 2013 00:40

corriecas
Simply because i dont have a lot of money and cant afford to go. And..i think the prices are outrageous.
Dont het me wrong, i love the Stones. Been a fan since 1973 and seen them many times. But this is the limit.

Jeroen

Yeah right: [www.iorr.org]

Date: April 4, 2013 00:43

FrankM
You guys might like SOL live.

i've been there. two flasks of whiskey and i was willing to sing along with others (i like to fit in, you know)...but that in no way means i liked it.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 4, 2013 00:44

Considering a tour start in less than a month and the high prices the band is going to charge I'll take it they are in the studio now practising hard?

Date: April 4, 2013 01:00

Stoneage
Considering a tour start in less than a month and the high prices the band is going to charge I'll take it they are in the studio now hardly practising?

i imagine so...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 4, 2013 01:08

GRNRBITW
Stoneage
Considering a tour start in less than a month and the high prices the band is going to charge I'll take it they are in the studio now hardly practising?

i imagine so...

See what you did there...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 4, 2013 01:32

I'm actually pretty happy with the schedule because I love Boston gigs and it's close to home.
I'm betting they add another show there and in Philly. I'm also thinking they cannot skip MSG. I also am glad it's not until June on the East Coast. The best news is I'll get to see Mick Taylor, who skipped my Brooklyn gig! I'll be booking hotels tomorrow!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 4, 2013 01:40

Well, the good news for me regarding the show at the UC in Chicago is the perk of being a club level(200 level) season ticket holder for Blackhawks games. We get first rights to our seats(along with Bulls season ticket holders) for concerts at the UC so this should get me in the door to my regular seats with some luck. Based on the stage location section diagram 231 is right up by the stage. I sent the request in for the tickets this afternoon, so lets see what happens. $600 plus is really steep though. Amazing, but these gigs will surely sell out as not that many are scheduled. Blame it on the Stones....

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 4, 2013 01:49

HOPE you get those seats!

And by the way CORRIECAS, if you're still reading, I do practice what I preach.
I live 20 minutes from the Staples Center in LA, and I'm not going because I have a lot of medical and physical therapy bills that have to be paid. We've both seen the Rolling Stones plenty of times and I have nothing but good memories of those times. I don't begrudge anyone who will see them this year.

Posted by: mona ()
Date: April 4, 2013 01:52

When are the Boston show tickets going on sale?

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 4, 2013 01:56

Koen
corriecas

Jeroen

Exactly. £95 GA, a return coach trip, budget hotel = 300 euros maximum. They won't play Amsterdam again but if they did tickets would be 300 euros.

Date: April 4, 2013 02:15

Mostly all weekday shows..Come on Man! Can't schedule any Friday or Saturday Nights..Ticket Prices Suck...Think I'll Pass!!!

Date: April 4, 2013 02:16

Stones in Vegas for my birthday. Couldn't be happier. Then Honda Centre. This is going be expensive but I don't care. Not going get a ticket to Staples though, just going show up. Scalpers are going buy up the tickets and are going to take a bath. I'll wait right before the show starts then make them an offer. Take it or leave it. It worked for two of the MGM shows last tour. Great seats at under face value.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 4, 2013 02:18

The Rolling Stones: Interview with Keith Richards

Andy Bush chats to Keith Richards about the Rolling Stones returning to Hyde Park for Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park. Keith hints at a forthcoming secret Stones warm up gig in a small London venue, tells Andy he is ready for Glastonbury because he learnt how to make a fire in his Dartford Scouts days and recounts a story that involves guns, eggs and golfballs.

Listen > [www.absoluteradio.co.uk]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 4, 2013 02:31

FrankM
How can you have a tour without a single show in the New York Metroplitan area? I know they were just here but have at least one show in the area!

WTF? Didn't they just do 3 shows in the New York Metropolitan area a few months ago?

How greedy can you people get?!

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: April 4, 2013 03:09

Anyone have a clue when the Veags tix go on sale??

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 4, 2013 03:15

GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

then they'd just be looking for excuses to get out of the house.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 4, 2013 03:21

fleabitmonkey
latebloomer
Looks like Philly for me, it's a short train ride from DC. If they add Atlanta or NYC, I may try for those as well. If they make it to DC, then maybe cheap tickets for the whole family.

Really happy about seeing them again, with Mick Taylor too!

I think I am going to go ahead and book a hotel room now in Philadelphia, anyone know what is closest to the venue?

Hope to see some of you there!smiling smiley
If it were me I would stay center city Philly and catch the subway down to the show. Subway drops you off at The Wells Fargo Center its easy to use and only a few minute ride. The Holiday Inn although not a bad area certainly not a nice area. Everything in that area is very old and industrial with nothing to do. The stadium area is nice but that s it around there. At least in the city there are things to do while you are there. Xfinity Live would be a good spot for drinks ahead of the show. Its located right there surrounded by The Wells Fargo Center, Lincoln Financial Field and Citizens Bank Park

Take this advice! I've done it numerous times. Many nice hotels, restaurants, bars all over center city, a short subway ride straight up Broad St. Nothing nice near the stadium area. In fact, driving from NY (not staying), I've parked in lots up the subway line far cheaper than near the stadium and you can drive right out with no traffic

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: April 4, 2013 03:32

Im with you. I refuse to pay this kind of money for a band ive seen many times in their prime. They are simply not as good as they once were. Not worth it for me.

Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: April 4, 2013 03:35

The Holiday Inn is okay. We stayed there in 2005 for Stones. Nice it's a really short walk to Wells Fargo Center. Food was okay in hotel. Philly crowd is great fun!

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: April 4, 2013 04:12

was going to post the chicago tribune interview with Mick but now see it is a separate thread. sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 04:15 by dhinkle555.

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: April 4, 2013 04:51

rebelrebel
Koen
corriecas

Jeroen

Exactly. £95 GA, a return coach trip, budget hotel = 300 euros maximum. They won't play Amsterdam again but if they did tickets would be 300 euros.

All true, but you can do it differently. A bunch of my Dutch stones friends hired a minivan together. Drove from NL to London (with the train in the tunnel) and drove back after the show. Price per person is really good. No hotels. Price per person for the van, gas and train is very afforadable.

Hey many of us drove from NL to Munich and were back at work the next morning at 9 during Licks?.. twice.. or Hockenheim, or Nuerenburg?.. London is way closer.

When there is a will there is a way. That's all I'm saying.

I wish I could go to any of the shows.. even while there are 5 shows in the state I live in and 2 of them next door.. I happen to be in the Netherlands for visa and work.. now that is unfortunate.. but solid as a rock, can't do anything about it.. The dates couldn't be any worse for me. I surely hope for more shows after Hyde park.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 4, 2013 05:27

Hairball
lmatth8461
uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW
corriecas

jeroen

Start Me Up - $20

Will they give a partial refund if they play Streets of Love?

Actually if you're in the cheap seats the PA cranks out You Got Me Rocking while the band plays Can't You Hear Me Knocking on stage.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 4, 2013 05:33

stonesrule
HOPE you get those seats!

And by the way CORRIECAS, if you're still reading, I do practice what I preach.
I live 20 minutes from the Staples Center in LA, and I'm not going because I have a lot of medical and physical therapy bills that have to be paid. We've both seen the Rolling Stones plenty of times and I have nothing but good memories of those times. I don't begrudge anyone who will see them this year.

I hear ya. I'm even closer to the ACC in Toronto and while it will be beyond strange not to be there when they are quite literally on my doorstep, that's how it's gonna down unless I score some miraculous waaayyy below cost seats somehow.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 4, 2013 06:20

treaclefingers
FrankM
How can you have a tour without a single show in the New York Metroplitan area? I know they were just here but have at least one show in the area!

WTF? Didn't they just do 3 shows in the New York Metropolitan area a few months ago?

How greedy can you people get?!

We're still making up for 1978. smiling smiley

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 4, 2013 06:21

angee
MingSubu
Oakland, San Jose and Vegas are my shows!!!

Just got off the phone. Booked a room, at the MGM Grand, for 2 nights. I here the MGM is nice for a Stones concert. Does MGM go all out?

MingSubu, fwiw, I usually try to make Las Vegas because of the great sound in the MGM Grand Arena, along with other factors. I only stayed at the MGM itself once, and it was so nice being in the same, though super-sized, hotel as the show. I'm doing it again this time. They sell Stones shirts in the stores, have banners around, and then too, the back-up band is often strolling through the halls. I am excited to stay there again...Talk about a short walk home! Hope that helps.

Right on. Love love the MGM Grand, Have seen every show there for the last 15 years. Not sure I'll be able to afford to go this time after SF and may LA or maybe not LA but Vegas! Have booked a room just in case smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1556
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home