Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

u2????---just boring
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: February 10, 2005 22:28

no--thats not my music. The first two albums ok.The best was "Achtung, baby.
the latest-ones---garbage!

Re: u2????---just boring
Posted by: terry ()
Date: February 10, 2005 23:44

yes i love there early stuff like sunday bloody sunday thats brill...but they leave me cold...bono great voice but no stage presence...but at the moment they are the biggest group in the world..sorry mick

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 10, 2005 23:45

With or Without You. Brilliant tune.

There are some good songs on the new album though. I'd rather listen to U2 than this other pop Timbersnake crap.

Posted by: Kingen ()
Date: February 11, 2005 00:17

They have some good songs, but they ae kind of boring in the end just like Stones these days.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 11, 2005 00:37

This band never made a bad album.
Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, War, ATYCLB: classics.

A bit disappointed by the last one because they always come with a fantastic release. The last one was just 'good'.

Bono: great entertainer.

Posted by: SixtiesDave ()
Date: February 11, 2005 01:48

I reckon Vertigo was one of the singles of last year but overall U2 are gently settling into a comfortable formula. It's very hard for any band or even solo artist to keep on continually re-inventing themselves.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: February 11, 2005 03:46

terry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes i love there early stuff like sunday bloody
> sunday thats brill...but they leave me cold...bono
> great voice but no stage presence...but at the
> moment they are the biggest group in the
> world..sorry mick

I am not sure U2 are the biggest band in the world, they do sell allot of records but as far as a live act? I remember many people said they were the biggest during their Pop tour in 97 but the stones sold out way more shows during the Bridges tour the same year at least during the North American leg, and I suspect in Europe in 98 they outdrew them as well. There was an article during the time that reported Bono was dismayed at that!

Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 11, 2005 05:45

They've become a formula band. Too bad.

Date: February 11, 2005 12:52

IMHO, Achtung Baby destroyed the band. Good records before AB. Afterwards - boring!!!

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: February 11, 2005 15:43

I grew up listening to U2.....hard to believe its about 25 years now. They now suffer the same fate as the Stones....whatever they do NOW gets compared to their earlier great work. They still have something to offer, just like the Stones. Someone wrote that they are a formula band...I do not agree with that. Actung, Zooropa, Pop........the Band went OUT OF THEIR WAY to try something different (and it did kinda suck if you judge it by ALBUMS, not individual songs) and that takes balls.

Bono learned his lesson around 88/89 about preaching his politics. We all know the band was always political, it was the cornerstone of their exsistance, but Rattle and Hum turned so many people off with all the political comments it took a while for them to get past that.

The Edge is an original guitar player with his own sound. He owes a lot to Andy Summers.....but try to accurately duplicate his sound. and please dont anyone say that he hides behind guitar effects.........he uses them.

I have loved U2 at times and really hated them at times,but they have proven to have legs, you have to give them that.

Milo, NYC
Let somebody do the Dirty Work

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: February 11, 2005 17:55

U2 boring? - YES!!! And Bono´s voice is the most boring voice in the whole business, his stage presence is non existant. Most overrated band of all times! FACT!

Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: February 11, 2005 18:35

I think their last two opus are little bit too "easy listenning".
Like the Rolling Stones, I would dare saying that they have now nothing to prove as writers...
Moreover, I don't like the political side of Bono. It has for me nothing to do with music. He should do as Mick, Keith.

On the other hand, they are really really great entertainers. They have a sound, they know how to communicate with audience...Brillant !
and waiting eagerly to see them in June and July.

Date: February 11, 2005 18:50

I am not into hearing people's personal political beliefs either, but Bono is a talented man and at least he's charitable. Give him credit for that. I just turn the TV OFF when people start going on about their politics. Could care less man...

Date: February 15, 2005 01:41

Hmmm. Well part of the problem
is it doesn't matter if you don't care
about politics, it cares about you. Ones
indifference is a breeding ground for others
to exploit. Your apathy allows them to freely
pursue their own greedy self interest without
any checks or balances. This can be to the detriment
of all. If you like the status quo in world affairs
or the situation at home then that's fine, otherwise
watch out. I don't always agree with Bono but respect
his social and political conscience, in trying to make
us aware of important issues. He's not just in it
for the money. He cares.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 15, 2005 01:50

I have an open mind - and I've tried to figure out what all the fuss has been about with these guys for over 2 decades and I'm continually stumped. Songs stink. Attitude is all wrong for rock. Guitarist is a one-trick pony and the singer is the most pretentious front-man in the business. That about sum it up, folks?

Date: February 15, 2005 01:54

If there were more great rock bands around
these days, I doubt they'd be hardly noticed
musically speaking.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: February 15, 2005 02:05

in answer to ket u2 tickets are selling faster than the stones ....mind you there half the price... u2 are the biggest band in the world at this moment...but the stones have done it longer and better and no one comes near jagger as a live performer

Date: February 15, 2005 17:38

Why does it make me politically unaware if I choose to turn off the tv when Bono talks about his political options? I can be just as well read on issues with my own opinions without having to hear his. Just cause I don't debate these issues or get on my own personal soapbox or listen to a monologue on what he believes doesn't make me politically unaware. And just because Bono is Bono doesn't make him more knowledgable. I mean, honestly. He's a lead singer. He's got personal opinions, spiritual beliefs, political beliefs like everyone else in the world... I give him credit for trying to use his influence in a positive way. I already said that. But I don't have to listen to every celebrity try to influence the way I vote! Honestly!

Posted by: thor ()
Date: February 15, 2005 18:12

Listening to Bona makes me sick....he is a self absorbed ego maniac. The day he announces that he will turn over all of his future earnings to relieve 3rd world debt then maybe I will take notice. In the meantime he basks in his hundreds of millions and flys around the world in private jets and travels by limos all the time chiding us for burning fossil fuels. He is a total hypocrite.

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: February 15, 2005 18:45

I think it's great that Bono is involved in various projects that are aiming to help people who suffer from famine, poverty and stuff like that. I think we're actually fortunate to have such a powerful and influential person dealing with these issues. He might be able to make a difference and that shouldn't be overlooked.
On the other hand, would it make you all feel more comfortable if Bono wouldn't give a shit about what's going on in the world and instead spend time in one of his castles having plenty of sex with young, sexy bitches.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 15, 2005 19:08

Boring for you may be, but great for others. I like U2 a lot.

Bjornulf

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 15, 2005 19:23

Manhattan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> would it make you all feel
> more comfortable if Bono wouldn't give a shit
> about what's going on in the world and instead
> spend time in one of his castles having plenty of
> sex with young, sexy bitches.

Works for me....

Date: February 15, 2005 20:29

Manhattan,

Well, that would make me feel more comfortable. Just being honest. Hopefully I could be amongst the young, sexy bitches!

Date: February 16, 2005 06:21

Ha ha!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1378
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home