Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Any explanation of Got Live If You Want It 7" EP and 12" LP?
Posted by: MrStoned ()
Date: March 26, 2013 23:31

Someone who have info why DECCA released both an 7" EP and a 12" LP with the same title when it's NOT the same concert? As far as I can remember here in Sweden the EP was released summer 1965 and the album was released a year later (1966). Why did DECCA released an album a year later with the same title when it's not the same concert and the same tracks?

Btw, of course I have the old vinyl discs from the 60's. smiling smiley I'm a vinyl collector... NOT a CD collector. smoking smiley

// Mr. Stoned... stoner and bootlegger... visit Stoned Records

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-26 23:33 by MrStoned.

Re: Any explanation of Got Live If You Want It 7" EP and 12" LP?
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 26, 2013 23:39

I guess "Got Live If You Want It" has nothing to do with a special concert they did back then...............

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 26, 2013 23:41

Got Live if you want it has a live version of "Fortune Teller"... yes... oh wait...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 27, 2013 01:44

MrStoned

Why did DECCA released an album a year later with the same title when it's not the same concert and the same tracks?

I guess they couldn't think of a better one.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: March 27, 2013 01:50

The EP was released on the English market, the LP in the U.S. so the same title didn't matter anyway. Forget about minor markets like Germany, France or Sweden...

Posted by: HenrikBB ()
Date: March 27, 2013 09:24

The Got live if you want it - LP, and the Got LIVE if you want it - EP is a mix of different concert-recordings, from various concerts, plus studio-recordings with added audience-sound, (Fotuneteller & I´ve been loving you too long). The new edition of Charlie is my darling, adds further live-recordings.
As a curiosity can be mentioned, that the EP in severel countries, fx Japan and Denmark, was released without Route 66 - for what reason unknown !
The CD-release contains another intro & take of Under my Thumb, - also very strange, -
but what remains is, that the whole Got live if you want it-project is a mixture.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 27, 2013 11:44

The EP has they're best live-song ever on it: Route 66...second comes 'Little Queenie' from Ya Yas....IMHO of course...

Stones EPs

2 1 2 0

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 27, 2013 12:40

The EP is a classic

The LP is a mess, with some of the tracks studio recordings with screaming dubbed on ! Typical Decca IMHO

The recent LIVE '65 audio is what should have been released in 1966 .

Amazing what's sitting in the vaults for 40+ years.

sc uk

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: March 27, 2013 18:31

The EP was released in UK and other european countries but not in the US.

The LP was released in the US and in some european countries but not in UK. Have You Seen Your Mother/Live was made for export. UK got the LP Gimme Shelter (1971) with parts of the GLIYWI LP.

Tom

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home