Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: What exactly is the most embarassing thing...
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 23, 2013 15:49

1989-2013: performance, interviews, clothing, Mick's aerobic vocals, Keiths stage image etc

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 23, 2013 15:52

Date: March 23, 2013 16:05

That is a very good question because I can't think of much that is outright embarrassing.
I mean what exactly constitutes embarrassment?
To fail. You set out to achieve a result, usually something that is going to benefit you, make you look good - and you end up looking stupid. Unintentionally.
I think intent has a lot to do with it.

I'd say the cage in '97 was bad. Jagger planned on looking cool and dangerous, and ended up looking like an imbecile.

One can't really say that Dirty Work or Emotional rescue were an embarrassment because the perpetrator has got to realize that he has failed. You can't blush if you don't know you've done wrong.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 23, 2013 16:11

brownsugar86
Hiring models for the front row for the Beacon show - Shine A Light

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

And probably the the delirious audience at the Halftime Superbowl in 2006...looks fake to me

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: March 23, 2013 16:22

KEITH RICHARDS IN SHINE A LIGHT.
LETS WORK VIDEO.
THE RAP IN ANYBODY SEEN MY BABY.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 23, 2013 16:38

The Worst.

This really is the worst, The Worst, but really funny too. "A special packaging treat is red cellophane shrink wrap...." HAHHHHH! Everything that was bad about the 80's in 7 and a half minutes.

Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: March 24, 2013 02:14

Live Aid would be up there wouldn't it?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 24, 2013 02:23

I've always hated the fact that The Stones on stage (and off) wear Rolling Stones shirts and other articles of clothing with their band name or logo on them. They've already made it, they don't need to self-promote.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2013 16:35

BILLPERKS
KEITH RICHARDS IN SHINE A LIGHT.
LETS WORK VIDEO.
THE RAP IN ANYBODY SEEN MY BABY.

and the Let's Work live performance on that TV Show, the name which escapes me.

Date: March 24, 2013 16:37

tatters
Arranging to have the actors in a soap opera shill for them.

That is positively cringe worthy.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 24, 2013 16:56

I think it's safe to say that one of the reasons this is the grnrbitw is that they have embarrassed us and themselves more than band in history. it just never ends.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 24, 2013 17:03

Macca on stage

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: March 24, 2013 19:01

I would have to say that Altamont was an embarassing moment indeed. A total shock it had to be to the band.

Also,I think not involving Mick Taylor more in the current 50th anniversary is kinda SAD/EMBARASSING....ALONG W/ BILL WYMAN. They gotta lot of miles out of those fellas. Don't just bring them on for a tune or two. And when theY are on stage don't act if they weren't even there. CELEBRATE THE MOMENT!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 24, 2013 20:52

treaclefingers
tatters
Arranging to have the actors in a soap opera shill for them.

That is positively cringe worthy.

Cringeworthy and then some. Truly horrible.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: March 24, 2013 22:26

Not the most emberassing but the most recently:

Mick Taylor acting like a guitar god and dancing like a teddybear doing this "I am the dangerous guy"-stuff...
I´m glad Bill Wyman had style and didn`t walk center stage with Mick and giving us Lemmy or Flea.

Tom

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 24, 2013 22:35

airbrushing Bill is up there..

Date: March 24, 2013 22:49

I HATE THE ROLLING STONES

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: March 24, 2013 22:54

The Start Me Up music video.

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 24, 2013 23:22

Justin Timberhead
Dave Matthews
Springsteen ruining Tumbling Dice
Lets Work

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: March 24, 2013 23:26

The giant blow-up dolls used during HTW on the Voodoo tour...So wrong in so many ways. A close runner up was the SNL performance in the late 70s (mentioned earlier). smoking smiley

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 25, 2013 00:26

Deutsche Bank show,Barcelona 2007

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 25, 2013 00:29

Allowing Microsoft to use 'Start Me Up' for a Windows commercial.

Date: March 25, 2013 00:56

GRNRBITW

tongue sticking out smiley

Date: March 25, 2013 01:00

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW

tongue sticking out smiley

don't give me that. you KNOW I speak for the entire community here....

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: March 25, 2013 02:41

tatters
NoCode0680
I'd have to say Altamont. It's not embarrassing in the traditional "my fly was open" sense, but they tried to recreate the peace and love of Woodstock and wound up with hate, violence and death. A failure of that proportion must have been very embarrassing, though they were probably a little too bummed over what happened to be embarrassed about it.

Altamont didn't go the way they had intended, and they probably considered it to be a fiasco at the time, but I'm sure that as soon as they saw the movie, they realized it was the best thing that ever happened to them. It cemented their "legendary" status forever.

It's personally never been part of their legendary status with me. The Stones always came out looking like buffoons in my eyes. They seem cool in concert and during all the build up, but Altamont always made them (or mainly Mick as he was the mouthpiece talking about Altamont during press conferences) look pretty foolish. Mick never comes across as a "true believer" in all the peace and love stuff, like he's just trying to hitch the Stones to the Woodstock bandwagon, and it goes horribly wrong, with the band losing total control over the situation they had created. I know for some Altamont adds to the whole "danger" element of The Stones, but to me they just look powerless and like they can't control their own creation.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: March 25, 2013 02:52

NoCode0680
tatters
NoCode0680
I'd have to say Altamont. It's not embarrassing in the traditional "my fly was open" sense, but they tried to recreate the peace and love of Woodstock and wound up with hate, violence and death. A failure of that proportion must have been very embarrassing, though they were probably a little too bummed over what happened to be embarrassed about it.

Altamont didn't go the way they had intended, and they probably considered it to be a fiasco at the time, but I'm sure that as soon as they saw the movie, they realized it was the best thing that ever happened to them. It cemented their "legendary" status forever.

It's personally never been part of their legendary status with me. The Stones always came out looking like buffoons in my eyes. They seem cool in concert and during all the build up, but Altamont always made them (or mainly Mick as he was the mouthpiece talking about Altamont during press conferences) look pretty foolish. Mick never comes across as a "true believer" in all the peace and love stuff, like he's just trying to hitch the Stones to the Woodstock bandwagon, and it goes horribly wrong, with the band losing total control over the situation they had created. I know for some Altamont adds to the whole "danger" element of The Stones, but to me they just look powerless and like they can't control their own creation.
I can't remember which rock writer said it but it stuck with me...as he was describing some awful concert event..."yeah, it was an Altamont - a rock n' roll term for horror." smoking smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 25, 2013 03:01

NoCode0680
tatters
NoCode0680

As epitomized, in hilarious fashion, by the appearance of "the Altamont dog"....

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: March 25, 2013 03:12

stonehearted
NoCode0680
tatters
NoCode0680

As epitomized, in hilarious fashion, by the appearance of "the Altamont dog"....

He was just looking for his owner...

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 25, 2013 04:38

NoCode0680
stonehearted
NoCode0680
tatters
NoCode0680

He was just looking for his owner...

wonder if karma caught up with them at Altamont.....

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: March 25, 2013 04:58

I can't remember which CD they released that was supposed to have a multimedia component on it but I know that it wouldn't work on Windows or Mac. Definitely worth a blush.

Wasn't there also a VL game or something like that? I remember seeing them in low discount stores selling for $1.99. That's got to make you feel silly.

I still haven't seen Live at the Max because I don't have an 8,000 square foot television to play the letter box DVD or whatever format it's in presently. Way to reach your fan base.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1151
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home