Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

super bowl
Posted by: animal ()
Date: February 7, 2005 23:59

what is that sport anyway.

I have no knowledge of this sport, and for that matter
no interest in it. macca or no macca.
and no, I am not in bad mood!

gimme some old time soccer...

regards
Dýri

Re: super bowl
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: February 8, 2005 00:06

Super Bowl

Nobody is interesting in that

Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 8, 2005 18:45

Big guys with no necks
paid a fortune to kick
the living bejeesus out
of each other over a leather
ball. Appeal escapes me but
to each their own..............

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: February 8, 2005 19:25

animal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what is that sport anyway.
>
> I have no knowledge of this sport, and for that
> matter
> no interest in it. macca or no macca.
> and no, I am not in bad mood!
>
> gimme some old time soccer...
>
> regards
> Dýri

If you have no interst in it then why ask about it? ;-)

Date: February 8, 2005 19:31

was not asking about anything, was I?

just espressing my ignorance of this American sport,
that i have seen from time to time on TV,
but never understood.

are you a fan ?

regards
Dýri

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: February 8, 2005 20:02

The Super Bowl is the championship game of perhaps the greatest league (the NFL) on the planet. Most ignorant people who call it boring are simply not bright enough to understand it or are too lazy to take the time. In other words, most non-north americans. It is FOOTBALL. No, not soccer. FOOTBALL. Not some silly game where they chase a ball around a polo field and ninety percent of the games end nil-nil as they like to call it. It's a game where men battle to the end and don't roll around the ground in mock pain every time somebody comes near them. And please, don't bring up rugby. Now that is truly a stupid game designed for stupid people. It's one thing to be tough and play a physically demanding sport, it's quite another to play a game designed for the local pub crowd to pound the piss out of one another aimlessly. Enough said, have a nice day.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 8, 2005 20:08

Football (american football) is perhaps or I should is the most thought-provoking sport there is. So many strategies and schemes. They actually teach coarses called football 101.

Don't want to start any debates here or anything but to me soccer is the most boring thing on the planet but many people do love this sport for some reason. I never understood the whole faking that you are hurt thing either.

Date: February 9, 2005 16:57

animal Wrote:
> was not asking about anything, was I?
>
> just espressing my ignorance of this American
> sport,
> that i have seen from time to time on TV,
> but never understood.
>
> are you a fan ?
>
>
> regards
> Dýri
>
>
>
Hmmmmm....NO....not a fan. I must have been just a little bitchy yesterday.

Date: February 9, 2005 16:57

animal Wrote:
> was not asking about anything, was I?
>
> just espressing my ignorance of this American
> sport,
> that i have seen from time to time on TV,
> but never understood.
>
> are you a fan ?
>
>
> regards
> Dýri
>
>
>
Hmmmmm....NO....not a fan. I must have been just a little bitchy yesterday.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: February 9, 2005 17:59

GOOD STONES TALK HERE!!!!. As an aside, the most respect soccer gets in America is from kids under the age of 14 and MILFs. American Football is an institution in the States much the same way soccer is in Europe. Unfortunatley, there is not enough violence (on the soccer field) for Americans. I do take issue with Jackass's Rugby post. Outside of rodeo riders, Rugby players are , by far, the toughest athletes in the world.
I played with my friends and felt like I was one of Keith Richards internal organs for a week after.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 9, 2005 19:26

hi,
i just got back from the super bowl.....it was so exciting... i can tell you that no other sport in the world makes the money like the NFL...or do they reinvest it back into the sport as well as give so much back to the poor people in the usa..funny most soccer teams throughout the world are broke...

the people who talk about the players like they are just big and dumb...are just morons. i doubt that any other player at 6 foot 6 and 300lbs run and tackle like american football players....let along learn the playbook that the teams use...
yes, rugby is a tough sport...but there is no rugby player who could take a hit by a 300 lbs 6 foot 6 player who's football helmet and shoulder pads weigh more than a lot of the rugby players.. and god, do it all day long.. i can't get over what great shape theses players are in... to run, block and tackle all game long and to do it is cold temps, like 19degrees.. i doubt a 175lbs rugby player could last 5mins against any NFL team... in fact i know they won't.....they can't even try! no one on any rugby team has ever made it on usa football team.
never will...except as a kicker....
its a different kinda of sport.. you don't have to like football but we don't have to like cricket, rugby, etc and i don't think people should put down a sport without a clue what its about..let along never have even played it! at least americans will sit and watch, rugby, soccer, etc.......and we don't call soccer and rugby, etc. a sissy sport...

Date: February 9, 2005 20:25

Hey Hot Stuff.................Pats or Eagles fan?

Date: February 9, 2005 20:30

i'm from philly...a eagles fan. plus they were the underdogs...
i'm really a bigger stones fan... i would have died if the stones played at the half!

Date: February 9, 2005 21:34

I'm a Pats fan. Boston boy. I would have loved it if they did Start Me Up at half time. That would have been nuts. I'm coming down there in March, maybe we can get together for a beer

Date: February 9, 2005 22:15

i respect you entusiasm for your american football. I dont know american football. therfore i dont know super bowl.

I like sopccer, soccer is played in most countries of the world. therfore have world cup of soccer. soccer is a world sport. unlike american football which is, as the name says, american (north)

best
Dýri

Posted by: jss ()
Date: February 9, 2005 22:44

if i may... the nfL(AMERICAN FOOTBALL) is a way of life. i am a patriots fan and have been for the last thirty yrs...we follow our teams every move on and off the field... between trades, the draft, and free angency this takes up alot of time...we second guess the coaches (except for bill up here in new england)...on any given sunday the quarterback goes out there with close to 120 offensive plays in his head, he will read a defense as it is lined up and then perhaps a second time after the ball is snapped...each reciever will go out with between 10 and 20 pass routes tucked into his head with names such as red dog 22 cross or hard ball 36 blue go...the running backs have less than a second to look for a hole that will be opened up for them by their linemen and if they are quick enough they will hit that hole and gain major yards...that is just a sample of the offensive line...the defensive line is a whole different story but i think that you get the picture...if it's any consilation hot stuff i thought owens played a fantastic game as did westbrook...reid made a few errors with his clock time...still it was a great game...

we won't even get into baseball...yet

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 9, 2005 22:49

Its' probably much more important to we Americans, who couldn't care less about soccer, cricket, polo, etc. Give us football, baseball, and basketball anytime. Hell, I'll watch football just to see the cheerleaders!

Date: February 9, 2005 23:32

No Question! And Philly had much better cheerleaders than the Pats...doesn't matter though. JSS, did you get to the parade?

Date: February 10, 2005 01:30

what a drag it is, being non NAm..
we are silly, bored, lazy, and watch pub sports that end nil nil, !
what is it with us anyway ?

best..
Dyri

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 10, 2005 10:37

I don't think soccer will ever catch on in North America because it's fun to actually play, but boring to watch. The odds are fairly good that a game could end in a 0-0 tie. For Americans (and Canadians), the idea of watching any game for 90 minutes with no goals doesn't appeal.
Football is also huge in Canada and we have the Canadian Football League, although all fans tune in Sundays to watch the NFL. There were probably just as many Superbowl parties in Canada per capita as there were in the States!
My favorite team has always been Da Bears!

Posted by: jss ()
Date: February 10, 2005 12:23

cafaro, no i didn't go to the parade, boston sidewalks are still a mess and i don't deal with crowds very well...just now in a holding pattern for spring training, hate that lull between seasons, what with no hockey being played...

Date: February 10, 2005 16:50

hi cafaro,
it be nice to see you for a beer!

the eagles cheerleaders were soooooo much better.. or i should say what they didn't have on..ha! you could go to a go go bar and see the same outfits....

by the way,,i stayed in the same hotel as the pats cheerleaders.. they were very very nice girls... very cute but way tooo young for me, around 21..they reminded me of the girl next door.. if you lived in n.e. you would be proud of them...
or at least their fathers would have been proud of them!

Date: February 10, 2005 18:24

hot Stuff,
email me at mriocafro@yahoo.com and we can make plans to meet when I am down there. My ex wife works with one of the Pats cheerleaders. Man...I left her too soon. Maybe she could have hooked me up smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home