Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-Orianthi
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 12, 2013 19:31

Any love for her here? Man, I have it - I think she is awesome - some video i shot of her last wek at Capitol - while JAGGER WAS IN THE NEXT ROOM

[www.noisecreep.com]

Re: OT-Orianthi
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 12, 2013 20:28

I think she's awesome. Never knew who she was until I saw Alice Cooper in Vancouver at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre last November and I see this blonde lead guitarist! I was 6th row floor on the right side of the stage which is where she was so I watched her most of the night! Searched her online and got some info on her. Many say she's the best female guitarist in the world! Alice had 3 lead guitarists playing including long timer Ryan Roxie. All 3 were good.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: March 12, 2013 21:44

Nice interview, Chris. Saw her with Alice back in November at The Orpheum....she was great!

Date: March 12, 2013 21:53

thanks, man - i could photograph her all day

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 12, 2013 22:25

Hi Jah Paul. Where is the Orpheum?

Date: March 12, 2013 23:02

right on broadway- downtown la- beautiful old vaudeville house- saw YES there last wek

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 12, 2013 23:27

If she was a guy you wouldn't listen twice.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 12, 2013 23:51

If she works with Dave Stewart, who also knows Mick Jagger, don't be surprised if she becomes a special guest in the next round of shows--apparently from what hb has revealed about Jagger being in the next room, chances are they have already met and maybe even discussed this topic. However, have The Stones ever had a female artist guest onstage who also plays an instrument? And, what if she plays better than Keith and/or Ronnie?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 13, 2013 01:14

I think she's great......checked here already out some time ago............

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: March 13, 2013 02:02

I like that little intro lick she played in the song in the video. It kind of reminds me a little of the intro lick Keith plays on "Prodigal Son" on Beggars Banquet.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: March 13, 2013 03:41

I had seen her a few times,but never really paid attention,but after you mentioned her a few times l started looking into her stuff,and l love it,extremely talented girl,and not bad looking either,check her out doing Hendrix,Jimi would be proud..smiling smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: March 13, 2013 08:13

More Hot Rocks

total bullshit - she's a great player

Posted by: Masseolle51 ()
Date: March 13, 2013 12:33

smileys with beer I have just listened to her new album and most of is really good. Blues rock for sure but with a twist!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 13, 2013 13:00

Orianthi Panagaris would probably be the greatest Guitarist to come outta Australia.
She was Michael Jacksons Guitarist she is brilliant on Black or White.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 13, 2013 13:22

She is a great talent and hopefully we will hear more of her in 2013. Think she is mates with Tal.Another great female guitar talent from Oz. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 13, 2013 16:14

I had heard of her too but not really paid her any attention, then saw her with Alice last summer, amazing guitarist!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 13, 2013 16:15

stonehearted
However, have The Stones ever had a female artist guest onstage who also plays an instrument?

They've had Sheryl Crow on stage before, although she probably wasn't playing at the time, just singing.

Date: March 13, 2013 17:48

hbwriter
More Hot Rocks

I can go to my local blues club on any weekend and listen to guitarist that can play better than her. Im not saying shes a bad player I'm just saying she another dime a dozen player. She doesn't do or play any better of different than thousands of guitarists.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 13, 2013 17:57

hbwriter
thanks, man - i could photograph her all day

I'll bet you could!

Date: March 13, 2013 19:33

More Hot Rocks
hbwriter
More Hot Rocks

I can go to my local blues club on any weekend and listen to guitarist that can play better than her. Im not saying shes a bad player I'm just saying she another dime a dozen player. She doesn't do or play any better of different than thousands of guitarists.

You could say that about plenty of the top bands and musicians that are in the public eye.

They are the lucky ones who have made it one way or another and have made a name for themselves.
That is the way of the world.I've seen plenty of good bands and musicians I admire at my local music pub,but I'll still pay money to see acts that may possibly be no more talented,but I like them.

I still think that Orianthi and plenty more have got that certain something in the way of charisma,star quality,whatever you like to call it. smoking smiley

Date: March 13, 2013 20:57

More Hot Rocks
hbwriter
More Hot Rocks

"dime a dozen'? I disagree-

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 13, 2013 21:06

I hate that straight, a-typical modern rock with loads of widdle. Music colleges are churning out people who play like that.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 13, 2013 21:17

She's a good guitarist but her stage presence annoys me.

Date: March 22, 2013 22:48

Never heard of this Oz girl until I read this thread from hb.

The Oz girls are taking over from the guys when I see the stuff on you tube.

Would be great if Orianthi and Tal got a band together.

What great talent these gals have got. >grinning smiley<

Oriathi interview.

Date: March 23, 2013 02:37

GumbootCloggeroo
She's a good guitarist but her stage presence annoys me.

She's a schmuck.

Posted by: millerman60 ()
Date: March 23, 2013 04:16

She is obviously a good guitarist, but unoriginal. She's mastered all the modern tricks and gimmicks ,but I find it all show and no go. I don't know what it is,they are great guitars,but it seems like I can't get into anyone who plays a PRS.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: March 23, 2013 04:31

Cute blonde, competent player. But I don't hear much that's original either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-23 04:33 by Angus MacBagpipe.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 24, 2013 03:06

Im a big fan of Orianthi i've got her as one of my "Likes" on facebook smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1970
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home