Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: My Obsession
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 11, 2018 12:46

A great track.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 11, 2018 16:03

I love this thread! It already holds a great collection of opinions/experiences on My Obsession. I was wondering where mine would fit in best, but came to the conclusion (-ion) that the song (and in fact the whole "Buttons" album) is just another example of how the music of the Rolling Stones craved itself deeply into my bones. After Aftermath (played purple and grey on my record player) the anxiety grew day by day ... What's coming next? And here it was ... BTB! A new "world" opened for my ears. Another (great) album destined to be craved into my bones again. When I put it on loud in my car, every note immediately pleases my ears again. And yes, My Obession was one of those lovely surprises that continue to today to be very Rolling Stones. I only need to shut out the world (actually dangerous to drive the car ...) and all excitement fills my body and mind again. What the Stones are today is how they made themselves then: a unique bunch of musicians!
smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 11, 2018 18:24

I love absolutely everything about this tune - makes me wanna bounce to the groove.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 11, 2018 18:31

tomcasagranda
For some unknown reason Brian Wilson loved this song, according to his first aUto-biography.

From Rolling Stones magazine:

“Satisfaction” is my second-favorite song by the Stones. This one (My Obsession) is my favorite.
They invited me down to their studio in Hollywood when they were mixing it. I remember sitting there and feeling that energy and that excitement".
- Brian Wilson

More of Brian's favorites:Brian Wilson: The Music That Made Me

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 12, 2018 06:14

Hairball
tomcasagranda
For some unknown reason Brian Wilson loved this song, according to his first aUto-biography.

From Rolling Stones magazine:

“Satisfaction” is my second-favorite song by the Stones. This one (My Obsession) is my favorite.
They invited me down to their studio in Hollywood when they were mixing it. I remember sitting there and feeling that energy and that excitement".
- Brian Wilson

More of Brian's favorites:Brian Wilson: The Music That Made Me

Yeah, I fully understand his emotions. It's an amazing "rolling power" that is released in the song. When you think you totally get lost in it, it suddenly stops and wakes you up, and then again you're dragged into it again, and so on.
But better than "Satisfaction"? No, that song comes from another planet ...

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 12, 2018 08:32

I love this song. It's got an unusual feel to me, sort of like it jump starts itself all the way thru the song, which I actually like,

I do think it's more ROCK than POP though, despite other posters saying otherwise. It's got a tough little groove

Rod

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home