Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: who likes feel on baby??
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:04

completely hot - in the ditch, on the dirty floor, the album track and the 12" both
here's the Track Talk thread about it: [www.iorr.org]

Date: October 24, 2010 12:52

Love it!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 24, 2010 13:15

I dig Feel On Baby, and especially the 12" version
And Feel On Baby also suits the running of the Undercover album.....a slow dirty reggea-like song, before pumping the listener's adrenaline up with the magnificent Too Much Blood

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 24, 2010 15:32

I'm also among those who love it and thought the dub mix was great, too. An eighties highlight for me. Love the metronome ending that echoes "Time Waits For No One."

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: October 24, 2010 16:49

I listened to it again last night through headphones. There is a lot going on in the mix. Little guitar riffs, vocal riffs snaking around each other. The bass is prominenet yet also buried. It is one of those brilliant Stones mixes that they get when they are really on their game.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 24, 2010 17:23

yeah, the 12 """ is great !
good song
jeroen

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 24, 2010 17:37

I'm not a fan of it

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 24, 2010 17:55

I never liked this song, but I must admit I dig the 12 "version (never heard this one before)

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: October 24, 2010 19:54

hey kets!! Pretty good....and it works in the kitchen...fuc

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 24, 2010 20:02

It might sound better live, stripped of some of some the extraneous gimmicks.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: October 24, 2010 20:04

24FPS
It might sound better live, stripped of some of some the extraneous gimmicks.
With Sly and R?

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: October 24, 2010 20:14

ME!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 25, 2010 07:14

Great track. The Stones doing something different with some interesting rhythms going on, some very interesting instrumentation. And nice harp from Mick.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 25, 2010 13:11

JJFlash2010
I like that song a lot.
+1

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 25, 2010 18:12

i love this track ... quality reggae, imo. i can easily listen to this in my marley, tosh, cliff, etc. reggae playlist.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 25, 2010 18:30

Never released on CD to my knowledge, and should have been on Rarities instead of some of those truly horrid remixes which did make the cut (and which, if I'm not mistaken WERE available on CD singles?)

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 25, 2010 19:18

Mixed Emotions remix was, yes, as were at least one of the Harlem Shuffle remixes as well as Miss You. Certainly they could have put actual rare tracks on Rarities - things that have not been put on CD, like this version of Feel On Baby and how about Undercover Of The Night and perhaps a few others - the One Hit remix for one...

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: December 6, 2011 01:56

Title5Take1
I love FEEL ON BABY. For those who haven't heard the "12-inch single" extended version (6.5 minutes), that I also like, listen here

Good stuff.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: December 6, 2011 02:59

The Stones went back to reggae time and again, Too Rude from the X-pensive Winos live CD is one of the better reggae songs performed by them, I like Cherry Oh Baby but it's not unusual at all to find people who don't enjoy it as well. I understand, it's really switching gears for some people. I also have the Keith Richards produced Max Romeo album, 'oath of the Nazarene', last time I looked it wasn't available on CD. It was decent. I think Too Rude is a dandy song. Probably best Stones reggae I've heard and written by Sly and Robbie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-06 03:58 by BroomWagon.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: December 6, 2011 03:22

great song...the words r awesome........12" version is even better....is it on cd???

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 6, 2011 05:33

>12" version is even better....is it on cd???

Alas no. I don't think any of the UNDERCOVER 12" versions have been released on cd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-06 06:24 by Glam Descendant.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 6, 2011 06:02

Stoneage
The Police, off course!

Stones reggae is 85 times better than anything the Police ever did. Clash reggae comes close to Stones but certainly not The Police.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: December 6, 2011 07:20

Title5Take1
I love FEEL ON BABY. For those who haven't heard the "12-inch single" extended version (6.5 minutes), that I also like, listen here
thanks for this one !
I've always listened to this song with pleasure.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: December 6, 2011 09:04

Glam Descendant

Alas no. I don't think any of the UNDERCOVER 12" versions have been released on cd.

You can find it here:

The Rolling Stones - The Singles Collection 2011

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: December 6, 2011 15:15

Can you explain bit out dated drums please? To me, that is just the sound of the song and current fashion doesn't matter.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 6, 2011 17:39

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: December 6, 2011 18:26

Have always loved this track; such an irresistible groove, raunchy lyrics and a killer mood.

Under-rated album all around really is 'Undercover'

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: December 7, 2011 04:19

When the Rolling Stones have done reggae, I wouldn't call them Rasta songs, that is what Bob "Exodus" Marley did and Peter Tosh, the guys they hooked into, Keith on the inside of B & B wears the Bob Marley t-shirt but when the RS sing, it's not about Jah, Haile Selassie, not even about ganga. They often call 'luxury' a reggae song so when they say the Police played reggae, now I would think it means in a similar vein 'Roxanne' but when the Clash play it on Sandinista, it's a lot of dub, sort of the social message too. Rolling Stones is lighter hearted, I don't know if it's dancehall, Yellowman but some of the medleys seem a bit like Toots and the Maytals, and that's real classic reggae. Not always lighter music, Palmer and the Clash did 'pressure point.'

That's a great song. I think some people might not switch so easily between rock and reggae but if they can listen to the RS sing rock one moment, country the next, then why not?

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 7, 2011 06:45

HighwireC
Glam Descendant

You can find it here:

The Rolling Stones - The Singles Collection 2011

Oh yeah, that. I was so disappointed they excluded "Too Much Blood" that I seem to have wilfully forgotten its existence.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 7, 2011 11:26

Love all Stones reggae songs. Specially Send it to me

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home