Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Limited edition (Book): Rolling Stones in Portugal with exclusive collaboration from Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie among so many others from the Stones Galaxy
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: March 4, 2013 23:14

Hi Brothers and Sisters from IORR!

Finally!
I can proudly present to you my book about the Rolling Stones, that took me three years to finish
Rolling Stones in Portugal, got exclusive and the unique collaboration from Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood, Chuck Leavell, Bernard Fowler, Tim Ries, Darryl Jones, Blondie, Kent Smith, Michael Davis. Lots of never published before photos from some of the best photographers in the world, as well exclusive photos from all the Portuguese concerts, (altogether are 465 photos).

The book is a limited 3000 copies in a one edition only, 248 pages in color, hardcover, weights 1,4 Kg.
It´s a worldwide price of 40 euros, and that includes p&p.
Special discount of 10% if you order two books.
It´s made from a fan to another fans
Orders can be made to this email stonesportugal@gmail.com.
Method of payment Paypal

Website for more info

[www.zebrapublicacoes.com]

Facebook

[www.facebook.com]

Reviews

Congratulations on this great book. I have seen many, many Stones books, in fact I have almost every Stones book which has been published is in my collection. But your book is one of the best, because of dedication, unique pictures, great contents and real fans contributions.

Bjornulf Vik

Obviously I dont read much Portuguese, but I dont really need to in order to enjoy it....its been put together absolutely brilliantly and you should be very very proud of what youve accomplished.

Gary Galbraith( Gazza)

Fantastic! Love the book.....love my double page spread. i think it's one of the best spreads in the book. All the best buddy

Philip Kamin. photographer

…it is just spectacular! I just wish I could read Portuguese .You really did a fantastic job with the photos and the layout & design...

Tamara Guo

It looks great and I am sure reads as well! Very happy with my Keith inside on page 108.

Brian Rasic, photographer

Congratulation to this high-level book. I love it. You made it with huge enthusiasm. Well done my dear.

Olaf Boehme

I was pleased that you had it published hard cover (and not as enlarged paperback falling apart after 4 months....). I also liked the lay-out and was surprised by the amount of photographs - many unknown to me (which I didn't expect).

Felix Aeppli

And what a magnificent book it is! Too bad I can't read a word of it, but it already speaks volumes because in 1972 I spend half of the show that I reviewed looking at Keith's ass through a pair of binoculars, trying to figure out what the patch on the back of his jeans said. I never did figure it out--UNTIL NOW when I saw the photo on page 48! I don't usually review books that I'm in, you can bet that I'll be doing exactly that this Sunday so stay tuned! Of every book I've ever been a part of, yours is my favorite--and that's no lie!

Jeffrey Morgan

One of the best things that I´ve ever seen about any band

João Pedro Pais, Portuguese musician, (5 golden records)

I want a book like this for my band

Zé Pedro, Guitarrist from Xutos&Pontapés (The best portuguese band ever, opened for the Stones in Coimbra 2003).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-28 01:43 by Riffbuk.

Re: Rolling Stones in Portugal with exclusive collaboration from Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie among so many others from the Stones Galaxy
Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: March 4, 2013 23:31

It´s one of the best books about the Stones.

For Brazilians and Portuguese readers: [stonesplanetbrazil.blogspot.com.br]

Congratulations, Rolando.

Re: Rolling Stones in Portugal with exclusive collaboration from Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie among so many others from the Stones Galaxy
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 4, 2013 23:38

Very nice done Riffbuk.....congrats.............

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 5, 2013 00:02

Well Done!

Should I buy it just for the photos?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 5, 2013 00:14

Congratulations Rolando.

Date: March 5, 2013 00:23

Thank you André, Nicos and Kurt!

As a long time fan of the Stones, I have books in english, german, spanish, french, japonese, swedish, norwegian, italian, and even some that is just photos, no language at all.
About the photos in this one, they are around 460, most of them never published from the best best photographers in the world.
This book reach the top 20 in Portugal, in front of the official one, "50".
Another thing is that the profits from my side will go to a local instituiton in my hometown that takes care of abandoned children

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 5, 2013 00:33

If the profits go to a local institution for abandoned children, you could ask more then 40 Euro imo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-05 01:58 by NICOS.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 5, 2013 01:03

It is a beauty. If you love the Stones then you will love this book!

Bjornulf

Date: March 5, 2013 01:11

The first thing in my mind was to make the best book possible, something that even I could enjoy, and then with conversations with publisher it had to be a affordable price to everyone, to fans like me!
That´s why the price is the same worldwide. 40 euros is a very good price considering that the book is a limited edition, hardcover and 248 pages very good paper with the dimensions of 30x23 cm.

Date: March 5, 2013 01:12

Thank you BV for your kind words.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 5, 2013 03:10

I can proudly present to you my book about the Rolling Stones, that took me three years to finish

Congratulations! smileys with beer

Re: Limited edition: Rolling Stones in Portugal with exclusive collaboration from Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie among so many others from the Stones Galaxy
Date: March 5, 2013 12:44

Here´s a review from Jeffrey Morgan, ex.editor from Creem Magazine and the official biographer from The Stooges, Iggy Pop and Alice Cooper

Sunday, March 3, 2013

JEFFREY MORGAN’S MEDIA BLACKOUT #357

MEMO FROM JEFFREY MORGAN’S MEDIA BLACKOUT #357!

SIZZLING BOOK OF THE WEEK: Rolando Rebelo – Rolling Stones Em Portugal (Zebra Publicações) :: I rarely review anything that I’m a part of, but this week I’m making a big exception. What with this being my umpteenth nervous decade as Canada’s Only Rock Critic, you can bet your bottom dollar that my name has cropped up in many a rock bio over the years, either as an original gasbag contributor or as an archived source of raw review meat. But this one tops ’em all—and for good reason.

Y’see, even though I’ve had my writing translated into a number of different funny foreign languages in a number of funny foreign publications all around the world, this is the first time I’ve been part of a 250 page hardcover book that I can’t read a single solitary word of because the entire dag-blamed thing’s in Portuguese.

But who gives a good cahoot when that book is nothing less than a 50th anniversary celebration of the Rolling Stones which contains no less than four separate full page forewords, each of which was written especially for Rolando Rebelo’s book by Mick Jagger; Keith Richards; Charlie Watts; and Ron “I Paint What I Steal” Wood.

What’s that you say? You didn’t know that the Stones and Portugal go way back? Well ya do now and to back up its brag this mammoth memory motel has more period press clippings and full page photos than you can shake a giant inflatable cock at, if that’s your idea of a good time.

My own contribution to Rolling Stones Em Portugal is a previously unpublished review of an Exile On Main St. show that I attended on July 15th 1972, which I immediately wrote afterwards in the heat of the moment and then promptly filed away for the next 40 years—you know, just like I did with all my previously unseen rock ’n’ roll photos; I’m kinda forgetful that way.

Even better, my words are ably illustrated with a spectacular two page color photograph of Mick Jagger and Mick Taylor which was taken the night before on July 14th 1972 in Detroit by friend and collaborator Robert Matheu—whom I wouldn’t meet until thirty years later in 2002. Now that’s rock ’n’ roll.

And speaking of photos, you’ll want to get this book just to see all the other rare shots that author and archivist Rolando Rebelo has managed to dig up. Ever wonder what that small patch sown on the back of Keith’s ’72 stage jeans said? I did for the past four decades until I saw page 48. Ever seen Keith wearing a cheesy patchy mustache? I never did until I accidentally stumbled upon pages 180 and 218. That’s as grisly a looking object as I’ve ever seen.

I could go on but this is one time that I won’t. Instead, click on the publisher’s name at the top of this review and get your own copy—and you’d better make it snappy because there’s only 3,000 of these babies to go around before they’re all gone, which won’t be long. And if you ever happen to find yourself in a funny foreign store in another land, just look for the big Rolling Stones book that says on its back cover:

“Testemunhos exclusivos de: Mick Jagger – Keith Richards – Ronnie Wood – Charlie Watts – Keith Altman – Doug Potash – Pamela Des Barres – John Pasche – Jeffrey Morgan”

Now where’zat ol’ bottom dollar?

Be seeing you!

[www.jeffreymorgan.info]

Re: Limited edition: Rolling Stones in Portugal with exclusive collaboration from Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie among so many others from the Stones Galaxy
Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: March 5, 2013 13:00

Congratulations Rolando, I have just written an email to you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-05 13:00 by Stone601.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 5, 2013 13:05

Congratulations on the book, Rolando. That's quite an achivement!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 5, 2013 13:07

That looks like a mighty fine piece of work. Congratulations

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: March 5, 2013 18:42

I just got this email:

"This book is a testament to the devotion & persistence of Rolando to get this lovely book published - what a magnificent display of photography and writing from worldwide artists!"

Al Saterwhite one of the best photographers of the world,He photographed the Stones in the 70´s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-05 18:51 by Riffbuk.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 5, 2013 19:41

OK,
I'm sold!

I just ordered one.

Date: March 5, 2013 19:56

Thank you Kurt!
You won´t regret!
It´s a labour of love,and like their music, it´s the only way to make a Rolling Stones book!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-05 19:56 by Riffbuk.

Date: March 7, 2013 13:22

Me and the "Mr Sixties" the great Philip Townsend, the first photographer to make a photo session with the Stones. This photo was taken hours before the concert in the O2 Arena in London, on the 29th of November

Date: March 7, 2013 23:57

Here another sample from the book!
This the fax that Keith Richards send me, and the photo on the top, its from Ms Jane Rose, who generously allowed the use of the photo

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 8, 2013 08:22

Riffbuk
I just got this email:

"This book is a testament to the devotion & persistence of Rolando to get this lovely book published - what a magnificent display of photography and writing from worldwide artists!"

Al Saterwhite one of the best photographers of the world,He photographed the Stones in the 70´s

Are these pictures in your book?

Date: March 8, 2013 12:05

Hi Harm!

Yes all the photos that I´ve been showing here are in the book!
Sebastian Kruger and his agent, my friend Bernd, give acess to all the paintings from Kruger, and in this book they are 10 of them, incluiding a world premiere in printing one from Charlie, but if I could have more space, I would even put more, but 248 pages it´s already big book.
About the photos they are 460 of them, most of them unpublished, all of them from great photographers.
For example, Robert Matheu, who give me lots and lots of photos as a thank you for me making him and get in touch with his vast archive, was just sending me photos that never seen the light of the day. He the meantime he was telling me how he got this relation with Keith! He trades guitar picks with Keith for photos. During all this process I came across lot´s of funnt stories regarding the Stones and the photographers

Here is a video of the book!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-08 12:15 by Riffbuk.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 8, 2013 12:22

Many congatulations on such a nice,special and beautiful book.
You must be very proud that it has got widespread approval from everyone,including The Stones. smileys with beer

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 8, 2013 17:07

WOW
Congatulations Rolando, you must be very pround of your self and so we are!
Enjoy your new reputation buddy!

Date: March 8, 2013 23:04

My dear friend Tamara Guo, with her copy!

…it is just spectacular! I just wish I could read Portuguese .You really did a fantastic job with the photos and the layout & design...

Date: March 8, 2013 23:08

I have lots of stoneans friends around the world. But Tamara (Blue Lena) and Rolando aren´t friends. They are a sister and a brother.

Amazing pic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-08 23:09 by carlostones10.

Date: March 8, 2013 23:10

And run to buy the book. Just more 300 copies avaliable and sold out. no second edition.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 9, 2013 12:45

carlostones10
And run to buy the book. Just more 300 copies avaliable and sold out. no second edition.

- 2 copies now

Date: March 9, 2013 13:40

I'm a sucker for great Stonesbooks; just ordered one. thanks Rolando.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 9, 2013 14:59

Riffbuck/Rolando, congratulations on this book!

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2093
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home