Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

nhl
Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: February 4, 2005 18:06

Just wondering what everyone thinks is worse, no NHL season or no official news on a new Stones album or tour.

Re: nhl
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: February 4, 2005 18:08

definately the lack of news on the Stones album & tour!

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 4, 2005 18:16

Hocky is done for the year. We know that.

The Stones album/tour remains an intrigue.

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: February 4, 2005 18:20

Don't miss the NHL, sorry to say. They've really crippled the game over the past 10 years, turning the world's most exciting sport into the most boring, imo.

Well, except for soccer. Ha ha.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: February 4, 2005 18:32

I wasn't missing NHL until last Sunday when there was no football(US) on TV. I think the season is done. Stones....hopefully we get a good product. The good news about the Stones is that even if the new material doesn't come or isn't good, there will always be new boots coming or boots we don't have yet to keep us interested.

Being a former hockey player up through college, I agree with Bluesplayer that hockey is boring now except for the playoffs. They should not penalize players for fighting, instead, give them an extra shift on the ice! smiling smiley

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: February 4, 2005 19:16

NHL? We've been waiting for the elfstedentocht for about 10 years now!

Posted by: BBstones ()
Date: February 4, 2005 19:22

I lost my Job because of it. There is blame on both sides and I dont see NHL next year either. If that happens I see the owners winning in the end. The owners are the ones who paid these outragous saleries to certain players who were not worth it. Then Players on other teams say I want what he got and it snowballed from there. Its a broken system that has to be fixed but I dont have the answer. A lot of the players are in europe making good $ so their not hurting. How much sense does it make when certain owners say by not playing this year I only lose $10 million and if we played I lose $20 million?
I would have given anything to make it to the NHL and have a window of time to make that kind of $ but it didnt happen for me. There are a lot of rank and file office people who have lost their jobs over this and thats whats sad.
BTW Cafaro, where did you play?

Date: February 4, 2005 19:41

BBstones,
I played for Salen State College in Salem MA.

Posted by: Han ()
Date: February 4, 2005 20:05

I wondered why someone was posting about non-Hodgkins Lymphoma....

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: February 4, 2005 20:24

Speaking of that, how's Charlie? Anyone know?

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 4, 2005 22:25

I'm sure I speak for all of the Canadians on the board that we all miss the NHL as well as the Stones!! I'm sure that this season is a write off for the NHL but hopefully it's short term pain for long term gain.
Wonder what we'll see first, NHL hockey or new Stones CD/tour?

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 4, 2005 23:03

Isn it all a luxury conflict? And what happens to NHL when a lot of people see they can live without icehockey?
But the Swedish league is better than ever this season. Names like Kristian Huselius, Brendan Morrison, Mike Knuble, Daniel Alfredsson, Per-Arne Axelsson, Marian Hossa, Markus Näslund, the Sedin Twins, Peter Forsberg, Henrik Zetterberg...
I suppose you know them all.

Date: February 4, 2005 23:13

yup,
The Europeans have definatley benefitted from the NHL's mess.

Posted by: G.Lespaul ()
Date: February 5, 2005 00:24

We just signed NY Rangers goalie Mike Dunham..met him today..
www.skellefteaaik.se

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 5, 2005 00:41

The Stones and NHL are connected! I remember travelling to Seattle and Vancouver Dec. 1994 for the 3 last shows of that tour. Final US show in Seattle with big Budweiser banners in Seattle. Then to Vancouver. I took a taxi from the airport into the city. The cab driver told me there was no life. Life was over. NHL was on strike, so life was over. The most important thing in Vancouver. The Cannucks. I felt sorry for him and all other hockey fans including myself. That strike was over shortly after I think. Now it is all stuck. May be NHL is finished completely and they have to build new teams, a new organization. It is all about money. I love hockey just as much as I love the Stones. Like being on row one at a game behind Hasek the night before the Stones played the same venue... For us it is great here in Norway. We have a great NHL player from Quebec in our team. When the strike is over he is leaving our team overnight. Still I hope the strike will be over soon. NHL is just like the sun, the moon and the Stones. A must in life...

Bjornulf

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 5, 2005 01:51

The cable sports networks in Canada are actually showing Swedish elite games since there's alot of NHL'ers currently playing there. I kind of have mixed feelings of the NHL players all going to Europe to play and literally taking someone else's job. I realize that the teams would want the best players available but it still must suck for the players who were on the teams and don't make a huge salary to get bumped by these multimillionaire NHL players who are basically playing to stay in shape and will leave as soon as the negotiations are settled.
I live close to Vancouver and as Bjornulf was mentioning, hockey is number one and often makes front page headlines, not just front page of the sports section. Naslund, Morrison and the Sedin twins all play for the Vancouver Canucks.

Date: February 5, 2005 04:08

We Canadians are a strange lot. We have an international reputation as PeaceKeepers with the UN, but we like our hockey real rough, tough, and mean with more than a few dirty tricks thrown in. If our hockey teams were sent to war zones, they would make for real bad peacekeepers. Looks like the season is on the edge of being cancelled.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 5, 2005 18:15

Hockey is a fair game. You hit that other player hard during the game, and shake his hand after the game. For me hockey is just as important as the Stones, and I could not imagine going to Montreal during the season to see the Stones and not seing an NHL game. Luckily I have seen great games in Montreal, San Jose, Anaheim, LA, MSG, Boston, St Louis and Toronto among others because of the Stones. Also the crowds are great. Sitting between Rangers and Islanders fans during the MSG game in 1989 between the 4 RS shows at Shea is my highligh. No agresson among fans, just enjoying the game.

Bjornulf

Posted by: G.Lespaul ()
Date: February 5, 2005 22:38

Yep Björnulf, welcome to Skellefteå and visit a game or 2, as I told you outside Hard Rock Café july 18 2003.
We also have Drake Berehowsky from Toronto Maple Leafs, Sean Gauthier, Chad Hinz from Canada, Magnus Wernblom (ex MODO) among others...
WELCOME....
/LesPaul

Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 6, 2005 21:48

Well, there a re a lot of Canucks,
like myself, who've found that they
really don't miss seeing it on t.v.
after all. I'd definately prefer
going to the Air Canada Centre
to see the Stones!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1097
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home