Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What's your most prized Stones possession?
Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: February 4, 2005 15:46

Or your most valuable? They don't have to be the same.

My most valuable is an original tour poster from 72. Worth about $400.

My most prized is one of Keith's picks from MSG on this past tour. I figure it's gotta have his DNA on it, so I can clone him if necessary.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Re: What's your most prized Stones possession?
Posted by: R ()
Date: February 4, 2005 15:53

I guess my most valubale is one of those 3-D Voodoo Lounge counter top displays that I see on eBay for about $400 - when the Stones are on tour (that's key to getting any good $$$ out of Stones memorobila).

One of my FAVORITE Stones pieces is the set list and cue sheets a cameraman gave me after a Keith/Winos TV taping in 1992. Bobby Keys (who was sweaty and reeked of bourbon) signed it for me. Keith stayed in his dressing room.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 4, 2005 16:04

I really don't have much. Maybe the most prized memoribilia I have is the Four Flicks pick or the 2002 ABKCO remastered limited edition poster (Only 5000 copies I think).

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 4, 2005 16:20

I had 800 silver CD bootlegs worth about $25.000. Sold them all, and I now have 800 CDR's, worth about $250.

Mathijs

Date: February 4, 2005 16:44

Ouch, Mathijs. Don't want to be you when those CDR's break down.

But would want to be you with that $25,000 (if you have any of it left!)

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 4, 2005 16:54

I have Ronnie Woods ESP signature telecaster. It's a hell of a guitar!!!!
That and my 250 bootlegs.

Why did you sell those silver CD bootlegs Mathijs?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: February 4, 2005 17:01

Does CD-Rs break down eventually??? I never had a problem with that.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: February 4, 2005 17:07

An original Mick Jagger candle (never lighted). Worth $ 15. And about 1,000 silver bootlegs.

Date: February 4, 2005 17:09

Yeah, they sure do. They're fine for a while, until the day comes when they're skipping and scratching like crazy, or sometimes not playing at all. It's why there's such a premium on Silver-CDs. You've been lucky. I hope it never happens with yours, but, inevitably, the odds are that it will.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: February 4, 2005 17:15

and now you've got a great guitar, isn't it, mathijs?

my most valuable possessions: The memories of the clubgigs I went to in 2003 with my friends, and taking my mom with me in the FOS section for her birthday

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-04 17:18 by Rik.

Date: February 4, 2005 17:15

But when that time comes I will probably have a CD-burner. So there's no real problem. How long do you reckon it takes for them to break??? I have had a CDR (A really crappy product too) for many, many years. And I have played it like a gazillion times. And it's still good. No problems.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: February 4, 2005 17:18

I don't believe they are of any value yet but I'd say the original 3D cover of Their Satanic Majesties Request, The original Some Girls album cover with Lucille Ball, Jayne Mansfield, Red Buttons...and the 12" EP disco remix of Miss You.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 4, 2005 17:33

I have two:
One was free, the other was not!

#1. A copy of Charlie's set list from the Aragon Ballroom Chicago show.
#2. A signed Voodoo Lounge baseball jacket that I bought in an auction on the primitive Rolling Stones website back when I was single, childless, and had $$$ to burn.

They both are pretty cool.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 4, 2005 17:39

Memories from the shows I have attended, club shows in particular.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 4, 2005 18:18

Does anyone have any proof that CDR stop working, it has never happened to me or anyone I know and my friends all have them. As for my most prized Stones possession. I guess it would be my collection of bootlegs, DVDs and books. As well as frame pictures, shirts, a hound dog named Midnight Rambler aka Johnny. As well as memmories of sitting next to the b-stage in Hartford and Mick giving me a high five.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: February 4, 2005 18:18

keith's cup and a guitar pick from the b-stage in imst/austria
and of course my collection

Date: February 4, 2005 18:25

Yes, I have complete proof that CDRs go crappy. My discs of Stripped Companion and Handsome Girls #3, for example. Shot to hell. It was my buddy who first alerted me to the syndrome, and everything he claimed can happen to CDRs has already happened with some of mine. (And no, he's not the one who burned them for me in the first place!)

That said, it sounds like it's not a guarantee that it'll happen. But don't be surprised anymore if it does.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 4, 2005 18:54

Back to thread at hand. My most prized Stones possesions are an autographed picture of Keith Richard's, an original Oakland '69 poster and all my mono Decca's! And of course all my silver CDs and CD-Rs.

As to CD-R rot issue, I have not seen that problem, at least yet, and I have some dating back some years. Guess it's time to back 'em up! And Mathijs, Potted Shrimp, I'm a bleeding amateur conpared to you two!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-04 20:28 by ChrisM.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: February 4, 2005 19:52

Man...I feel bad for you guys...you are really missing out. Think you have some HOT Stones stuff...check this out.

I've got memories of all the Stones gigs & I have been to & I have officially released CDs of their music...some top quality songs on em...check em out...easy to get. smiling smiley

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: February 4, 2005 20:03

I got for free :
The RS pinball machine.
A private word from Mick (thank you and best wishes) and Jerry (with love) on the booklet Primitive Cool.
Some petal roses from Brussels 73 1st show (i was there and i kept them)
Marc

Posted by: Kingen ()
Date: February 4, 2005 20:05

I have an original tour program (almost mint) 4pages from the 1965 show in Sweden, whats that worth?

Posted by: Tor ()
Date: February 4, 2005 20:05

Keith's Pick

Posted by: apolodoro ()
Date: February 4, 2005 20:13

Erikjjf: Memories are the most important possessions. Commodities everywhere!. We inhabit a late-capitalism world... The unique experience of a concert, of a feeling, namely an aureal memory hasnot prize. For Everything is turning to gold...
Désolé.
Fortunately, there's still persons like erikjjf, who is able to think beyond the commodity, the value exchange and the reification of human being. The stones arenot an object that you might buy. Noone is an object, neither music...
Regards.

Date: February 4, 2005 20:20

That's pretty profound stuff, apolodoro. Is it another way of saying you don't have anything with a Stones logo on it?

Posted by: BBstones ()
Date: February 4, 2005 22:19

My girlfriend owns a Frame shop and she has framed a bunch of posters and pictures for me. some of My favorites are the 1973 Australia tour poster and the Licks tour in Nashville with the Cowgirl with the lolipop. There all matted and sealed and should not lose any color for a hundred years. [at least thats what she says]

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: February 4, 2005 23:55

Most valuable are probably my two Ronnie Wood prints or a guitar signed by Keith. I've also got a Christmas card that Keith and Patty sent to a friend of mine (hand signed by both). He gave it to me knowing what a fan I am. My most prized is some of the great photos I've taken at the shows that I know only I have.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: Kingen ()
Date: February 5, 2005 00:02

I stole Keiths Skull Gibson in the 70's any buyers?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 5, 2005 00:05

Mick's incense sticks from 18th February 1973 show.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: February 5, 2005 00:31

I have loads of stuff but closest to my heart are for sure my 60's DECCA vinyls. Have an almost complete collection of non boxed / boxed labels in mono and stereo versions. Only less that a hand full missing and I'm theresmiling smiley

www.stonesvikings.com

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: February 5, 2005 00:38

my ticket stub for Candlestick Park Oct 17th 1981 , it was my first stones concert and it probably is not worth much but I it means a hell of allot to me!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1701
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home