Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Seattle 15/10/81
Posted by: Greg ()
Date: February 4, 2005 13:49

Anyone can tell how the quality of this show is, recently released by Rattlesnake and other labels before. I've heard only a short fragment and am curious about the performance, since I don't collect as much from this tour as say from the '72 or '69. Sound is a typical '81 mono soundboard from what I've heard.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Re: Seattle 15/10/81
Date: February 4, 2005 14:21

I have only 6 or 7 seven songs from the show - all in very good SBD/mono quality. Same quality as Jersey Devil etc.

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: February 4, 2005 15:26

Wow. They released a new version of this boot? It's one of my favorites. I have the original mono soundboard version, which is frustrating to listen to, but I think the show is one of the hottest they've ever done. And the version of Whip from this show might be the single-hottest thing they've ever done, imo. I also have the DVD, but the sound is exactly the same as the CD. I'd LOVE to get this show in stereo, if thay's what the new release is.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Posted by: WAYNEP ()
Date: February 4, 2005 16:31

I have the DVD...and sad to say...I only watched it once...compared to Hampton, it is poor, audio and video...parts cut out entirely.

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: February 4, 2005 16:40

Certainly agree with that. But look past the poor audio/video quality and you'll see that the show is hot as hell.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 4, 2005 20:00

the Empress Valley release (and the various labels that used that source) is vastly superior to the previously circulating source. Great - because it was my 2nd Stones show. It's also complete - no cuts on BofB and @#$%& as on the previous source. Awesome - still has the "buzz" between songs from the wireless setup - but doesn't intrude on the music. Might be the best from '81 now...

Date: February 5, 2005 02:20

And to think I attended the comparatively subdued show the evening before!!! Sheeeeeit!!! I was actually slightly bored & distracted at that show. My boyfriend at the time's excitement of seeing them was the only thing that made me see the show in the light of a fan who'd never seen them live before.

Seattle '75 was still soooooooooooooo hot, the fire dept. is still hosing down the Key Arena (the building formerly known as Seattle Center Coliseum).

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: February 5, 2005 02:21

And to think I attended the comparatively subdued show the evening before!!! Sheeeeeit!!! I was actually slightly bored & distracted at that show. My boyfriend at the time's excitement of seeing them was the only thing that made me see the show in the light of a fan who'd never seen them live before.

Seattle '75 was still soooooooooooooo hot, the fire dept. is still hosing down the Key Arena (the building formerly known as Seattle Center Coliseum).

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: February 5, 2005 22:28

Thanks all! Got it, and it sure rocks! Really a great show, maybe not as good as Hampton (what's the thing with birthday shows?) but up there with other great 81's like Hartford. Bonuses are cooking versions of All Down The Line and @#$%&, plus a crisp and clear - probably mixed in - Take The "A" Train intro. Oh yes, and a 12 page booklet.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 5, 2005 22:44

MIGHTY fine show....The blues stomp of Black Limo and the southern honky-tonk swing of Let It Bleed cripple me every time. And yeah nice book to drool on while ya listening.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 5, 2005 23:45

Rockman - I'm right there with you - the highlights of EVERY '81 show were Limo and LIB!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 6, 2005 01:19

OOOHH Yeah.......Damn good CD from Rattle Snake the guitars bite and Bill is on the dime...also love the presentation with the fire red theme running right through the book, CDs and then fading to dark at the bottom of the rear cover.

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home