Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New York places
Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 4, 2005 11:23

Going to visit NYC in April. Anybody knows where I can find stores for CDs and DVDs. Even so called Used CD/DVDs.
I have only heard of Revolver Records, 8th st/6th av. Is that one good?

You can email me privately if you prefer.

Re: New York places
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 4, 2005 14:26

Bleecker St. Records (239 Bleecker Street, in Greenwich Village)

Found lots of Stones goodies there when I was in town in Sept 2002 for the Licks shows!

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: February 4, 2005 14:48

Rocks in Your Head is a must. 150-something Prince Street. It's a shrine to the Stones, with even lots of boots. Just ask for 'em at the counter.

Another good place is Rebel Rebel, on Bleeker. Specializes in British rock 'n roll. And you know what that means.

As for modern stuff, there are hundreds of record stores in the Apple, including what I think is now the world's biggest Tower Records (in Times Square). Won't have to go far to find one.

Enjoy.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: February 4, 2005 16:50

Used to be a great record shop at near the corner of West 8th and 6th Ave (Ave of the Americas). Can't remember the name but it was on the north side of 8th right at the dead end of MacDougal street.

If its still there would be more than worth checking out.

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: February 4, 2005 16:59

Just thought of it - Revolution Records

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 4, 2005 20:47

Im going there at the end of March! I'll check out those places myself!

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 4, 2005 23:04

Thanks a lot, guys!

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: February 4, 2005 23:21

that's indeed a great shop gary!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-04 23:32 by Rik.

Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: February 5, 2005 15:39

West 8th Street and Sixth Avenue is a great area to explore, and has a direct Stones connection (reference in the first grooves of Dance Part 1, unless I'm hearing the lyrics wrong). It was fun to stumble on that corner after hearing Mick yelp about it for 20-some years, and see what all of the fuss was about.

That record shop is located above street level, so it's easy to overlook. Also worth seeking out is the place photographed for the cover of Physical Graffiti (St. Marks Place?), which if I am not mistaken also has a Stones conmnection. Does anyone know about this? Or know the exact location?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 5, 2005 23:47

the house where Mick is sitting on the steps, waiting for Keith, on the video for "Waiting On A Friend" is apparently the same house that features on the front cover of "Physical Graffitti"

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: February 6, 2005 06:31

go to a place called gunthers tap room in east northport--they don't have lps but they have ice-cold beer!!!! WWWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1678
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home