Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ticket prices
Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: February 3, 2005 21:55

'Tickets are too expensive' is what I've heard the last few days a lot and ofcourse this is subjective.
Only when the concert (or the entire tour) is over we can conclude if the price was right or not.
Until now the Stones (and Michael Cohl) were right with the price and no doubt that they will be right again with the upcoming tour...

The Stones always try to find the right combination: Attracting as many people as possible AND maximize the price.
As long as at least 95% of the people will pay the price, prices will rise and probably disproportional cause we are talking about the legendary Rolling Stones....

Hendrik Mulder

Re: Ticket prices
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 3, 2005 22:34

When you can play MSG NY 2-3 times in a row and charge $300 for most of the seats in the venue then I think it is a bit optimistic to expect lower prices in these markets. Remember the average fan is now in his 40's or even in his 50's, which means many hard core fans, and even non-fans, can actually afford those tickets. Just like those 100-200 "fans" that left Roseland just minutes into the show. To see the Stones is now a must for many people, fan or not, simply because they are true legends of r&r.

Bjornulf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home