Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Yet anozer tank?" I mean version of L&G?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 3, 2005 16:07

Hi everybody,

just as one thought the endless saga of the release of L&G had come to an end, Scorpio/Bad Wizard has just come up with the "definitive" (till next time?) version of this movie.
Acc to the promo sales blurb :

"THIS IS THE ONE! Live at the Tarrant County Convention Center in Fort Worth June 24, 1972 and at the Hofheinz Pavillion in Houston
on June 25, 1972. This spectacular Stones concert flick has been released numerous times in dreadful to fair quality and only in standard
screen, edited versions. This is the original widescreen version from a mint, uncut, uncirculated print. It will never get any better than this.
Previous versions were very dark with very dull colors (at times almost impossible to see the picture). This version is bright with beautiful
colors. Dolby Digital, NTSC, Region 0 (playable anywhere), 120 minutes. Bad Wizard Archive edition. Ltd. to just 500 copies!"

Judging from Scorpio's most recent "major" dvd release (the dreadful Dylan title "Genuine Telecasts", so bad and botched it has been immediately outclassed by a collective fan-project containing the same stuff... and for free!) this L&G should be approached with caution but on the other hand it could be a genuine find, so opinion anyone?

Mikey our DVD-doktor have you reviewed this one?
Thanks!

Re: "Yet anozer tank?" I mean version of L&G?
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 3, 2005 20:33

The 4 Reels version of L&G was preety good and I'm happy with it. I don't see how they vould improve upon it unless they have more footage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1971
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home