Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 22, 2013 09:26

drbryant
Green Lady
The attendance limit for Hyde Park events these days is 65,000 - still a nice big figure though, provided the weather co-operates.

I guess that's still enough to keep prices somewhat reasonable. What's the largest number of people ever for an event at Hyde Park?

Anybody who believes that they are playing Hyde Park to keep the prices of other shows "reasonable" should just dream on! Hyde Park will be just an extra-large cash-in, a bonus, so to speak. If it happens at all, that is.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 22, 2013 09:30

drbryant
What's the largest number of people ever for an event at Hyde Park?

"Hyde Park has been the venue for some famous rock concerts, including the major location for the Live 8 string of benefit concerts where Pink Floyd reunited their classic line up for the first time in over 30 years.
Queen played here in one of their most popular shows, in 1976. It is estimated that 150–200 thousand people turned up for the event.
The record concert attendance is probably for the 1969 concert by the Rolling Stones. According to much of the press, the crowd then was estimated between 250,000 and 500,000.
Blur played here as part of their reunion. They have released two live albums recorded at the park called All the People: Blur Live at Hyde Park (2009) and Parklive (2012).

In recent years music fans have been very critical of Hyde Park as a concert venue. This is because of poor acoustics, where fans have repeatedly complained about the sound not being loud enough at concerts.
The debate about sound levels became increasingly louder in 2012, when the plug was pulled on Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney at the end of Springsteen's set at Hard Rock Calling.
Further debate was argued at other shows that summer, and promoter Live Nation officially pulled out citing their frustration.
Despite this, Hyde Park is set to host more concerts, with a new festival held by rival promoter AEG holding its first edition in 2013."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_Park,_London#Events

Posted by: rockheim ()
Date: March 22, 2013 10:53

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 22, 2013 11:31

retired_dog
drbryant
Green Lady
The attendance limit for Hyde Park events these days is 65,000 - still a nice big figure though, provided the weather co-operates.

I guess that's still enough to keep prices somewhat reasonable. What's the largest number of people ever for an event at Hyde Park?

Anybody who believes that they are playing Hyde Park to keep the prices of other shows "reasonable" should just dream on! Hyde Park will be just an extra-large cash-in, a bonus, so to speak. If it happens at all, that is.

There is no way they are going to get 130,000 to shell out hundreds of pounds in the UK at this moment in time. If they do two shows there the prices will have to be considerably lower than that.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 22, 2013 11:58

I expect Hyde Park to be GA with a large Golden circle and possibly some sort of walkway incorporating a "dianond pit" area. PRICES ?

Maybe:

GA £125 + FEES

GOLDEN £195 +FEES

DIAMOND £375 + FEES , but mainly packages.

Hard to say as the Stones always push prices beyond any reasonable expectations . Hard to believe, but they have made £200 sound relatively cheap !

It's only Rock n Roll apparently .

sc uk

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 22, 2013 12:03

Speaking of UK only. Just speculating but how about Glastonbury (which is already a sellout)? I say that because that particular rumour just doesn't seem to fade away.
I'm beginning to think there may be something in it. And then back to the O2 which they have shown they can sellout with high prices (3 times in 2007 and 2 times (with even higher prices) in 2012).
They ain't gonna sellout Wembley or Olympic stadium twice not with this triple dip recession and not at 400 GBP a ticket.
I love them but in the end no-one under 40 is that bothered and everybody else is too busy trying to keep up the mortgage.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: March 22, 2013 12:08

exhpart
...I love them but in the end no-one under 40 is that bothered...

That's partly because youngsters have no way of affording tickets.
I hope they do Glasto, with the same focus we saw at the O2 last year.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 22, 2013 12:09

corriecas
i know, from experience, that Brazilian women at discotheque Help, at the Copacapana in Rio cost a lot.

But the ticket for a Stones ticket will cost a lot more.

Jeroen

Thanks for sharng :-)

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 22, 2013 12:47

retired_dog
drbryant
Green Lady

I don't for a minute think that they do anything for charity - but a venue as large as Hyde Park by definition means prices that are lower than the arenas, so that's a good thing.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 22, 2013 13:51

Regarding Hyde Park:

"There is no way they are going to get 130,000 to shell out hundreds of pounds in the UK at this moment in time. If they do two shows there the prices will have to be considerably lower than that."

"They ain't gonna sellout Wembley or Olympic stadium twice not with this triple dip recession and not at 400 GBP a ticket.
I love them but in the end no-one under 40 is that bothered and everybody else is too busy trying to keep up the mortgage."

"Maybe:

GA £125 + FEES

GOLDEN £195 +FEES

DIAMOND £375 + FEES , but mainly packages."

Yep: it's the economy again, stupid!

I think GA £80 will be fair. After all 130.000 x 80 makes 10.400.000,- They can make another million with a golden circle and a diamond pit. So would 8 million for the Stones and around 3 million for all the others be a good deal or what?

But... when more bad news is comming from Cyprus in the next days (and what happens after Cyprus??) I believe in that case the Stones just have two options: to cancel or to make it a free festival again...

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 22, 2013 14:06

Well I've finally figured out that the news mentioned on [www.iorr.org] starts on page 30 of this thread, third post from top, should anyone be interested.

The link in those news items always directs you to page 1 of this mess, which is a pain.

Cheers.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 22, 2013 19:20

Dreamer
bye bye johnny
AEG may have landed the deal, but wouldn't assume that all shows will be in AEG venues.

True. They played Barclays and that's on AEG's list so...
The venues are not relevant. The Stones had a plan and it's now up to AEG to work out that plan with the 18 shows that are in schedule.
It's a pity the deal with Dainty / Virgin Live was cancelled; it was going to be announced last weekend.
On the other hand; maybe some extras will now come in focus...

So are O2 and the Prudential Center, so I'm guessing that they'd probably only play AEG facilities, but there are not a lot of stadiums in the offering. I'm wondering if it would be only arenas - in May and June that seems kind of for them, unless they're worried about the weather......There are certainly a plethora of venues on the West Coast though!!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 22, 2013 19:26

Disregard my post above - I see it's now been declared an arena only tour...too bad. I enjoy the spectacle of the stadiums.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 22, 2013 19:31

VoodooLounge13
Dreamer
bye bye johnny
AEG may have landed the deal, but wouldn't assume that all shows will be in AEG venues.

True. They played Barclays and that's on AEG's list so...
The venues are not relevant. The Stones had a plan and it's now up to AEG to work out that plan with the 18 shows that are in schedule.
It's a pity the deal with Dainty / Virgin Live was cancelled; it was going to be announced last weekend.
On the other hand; maybe some extras will now come in focus...

So are O2 and the Prudential Center, so I'm guessing that they'd probably only play AEG facilities, but there are not a lot of stadiums in the offering. I'm wondering if it would be only arenas - in May and June that seems kind of for them, unless they're worried about the weather......There are certainly a plethora of venues on the West Coast though!!

No. They are not obliged to play only AEG venues. They are able to play any venue they want with AEG as the promoters.

smoking smiley

Posted by: lenoplaf ()
Date: March 22, 2013 20:52

Rumours for a french concert next autumn

[www.byzegut.fr]

found on the blog of a famous radio DJ and generally very (very) well informed

let's wait

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: March 22, 2013 23:10

lenoplaf

[www.byzegut.fr]

let's wait

It's complicated, I wanted to go to Hyde Park! Yes indeed Zegut is generally well informed... this reminds me the first rumor that I read here (I think, not sure) about 2 or 3 Bercy this autumn...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-22 23:11 by Sister Marie.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 22, 2013 23:40

lenoplaf

[www.byzegut.fr]

let's wait
Well, Zegut is well informed, but he just writes : we'll see.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: March 23, 2013 07:08

so how much will the 813 dollar tix know be,any guess bjornulf.

Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: March 23, 2013 13:08

hello

is there already a rumour about a l.a date or vegas?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 23, 2013 14:37

backofmyhand
hello

is there already a rumour about a l.a date or vegas?

From what I've read,
LA rehearsals quite set, LA and Vegas shows rumored, don't know when yet.

813 seats may be around 600 this time.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-23 14:39 by angee.

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: March 23, 2013 15:08

phd
lenoplaf

[www.byzegut.fr]

let's wait
I don't live in France, but i love Paris!! i hope it's true would be great if they did some shows in Bercy, i heard that it's a great venue.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: March 23, 2013 15:35

angee
813 seats may be around 600 this time.

Gee, what a bargain, but I'll wait to whine about ticket prices when they're official.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 23, 2013 15:58

i cant read French. what does zellgut write..

jeroen

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 23, 2013 17:30

corriecas
i cant read French. what does zellgut write..

jeroen

he's explaining why Jerry Lewis is France's favorite comedian....

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 23, 2013 19:21

samunknown
phd
lenoplaf

[www.byzegut.fr]

let's wait
I don't live in France, but i love Paris!! i hope it's true would be great if they did some shows in Bercy, i heard that it's a great venue.
Insistant inflated rumors are that it might be in October.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 23, 2013 22:25

phd
samunknown
phd
lenoplaf

[www.byzegut.fr]

let's wait
Insistant inflated rumors are that it might be in October.
If they play US - then they will also play in Europe. Everything else will be ridiculous - Mick also knows. Watch out and conserts will be in Germany, Holland, UK and in France.

Date: March 24, 2013 00:33

Some shows in European capitals are a MUST .....France, Germany, Holland, Norway, Austria, Italy, Spain, etc...and if this will NOT happen everything will be..... VERY SAD.....!!
And I´m talking about reasonable prices.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 00:48 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 24, 2013 05:39

ThroughTheLonelyNights
Some shows in European capitals are a MUST .....France, Germany, Holland, Norway, Austria, Italy, Spain, etc...and if this will NOT happen everything will be..... VERY SAD.....!!
And I´m talking about reasonable prices.
Prepared to be sad.sad smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 24, 2013 08:41

Too bad though that they decided to make tickets that expensive again. Nowadays a ticket is more expensive than the trip itself.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 24, 2013 09:37

Do not despair. I heard a rumour that there will be a 10 % discount on the ticket prices for members of the Tory party. Always something...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home