Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: Halup ()
Date: March 12, 2013 00:18

bv
Less than 3 months as of today. Live on stage...

If that rumored May 2 start day is true, then it would be less than 2 months. Are we to assume that the rumor of May dates is not true and it really is starting in early June as had been originally rumored?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-12 00:19 by Halup.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 12, 2013 00:29

bv
Less than 3 months as of today. Live on stage ...

Sounds good to me hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: March 12, 2013 00:39

Exciting smiling smiley Anyway I want to believe that there will be more in Europe. So I still do what I can to stay cool, calm & collected. In my world one more concert is a bonus.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 12, 2013 01:01

MingSubu
Where did this LA ticket price come from?

I made it up. Interestingly, no one has stepped forward and actually denied that this might really be the price of some of the tickets. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-12 01:09 by tatters.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 12, 2013 01:41

Halup
If that rumored May 2 start day is true, then it would be less than 2 months.

Which is less than 3 months

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: March 12, 2013 03:27

Halup
bv
Less than 3 months as of today. Live on stage...

If that rumored May 2 start day is true, then it would be less than 2 months. Are we to assume that the rumor of May dates is not true and it really is starting in early June as had been originally rumored?

I think ticket sales began less than two months before the 50-Year anny shows, so it wouldn't surprise me if May 2nd (approx) sees the first show.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: March 12, 2013 04:45

flacnvinyl
Just read through 6 pages of this thread to find out that no one knows anything yet. Love you guys. Pumped about the most expensive warhorse tour of all time!

Lol, you could say that about a good many of the threads on here.

Date: March 12, 2013 06:54

RSbestbandever
flacnvinyl
Just read through 6 pages of this thread to find out that no one knows anything yet. Love you guys. Pumped about the most expensive warhorse tour of all time!

Lol, you could say that about a good many of the threads on here.

Not only do we know nothing, but nothing is being announced, nor happening. Could there possibly be a better reason for delirious excitement ? I don't think so.

Just imagine when something actually is announced and/or happens, and everyone will suddenly be in the know. It'll all be such an anti-climax. Gone will be the opportunities to theorise and speculate, and life will a assume a thoroughly boring and predictable dimension. It won't be any fun at all.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 12, 2013 07:23

The Rolling Stones live pictures have started appearing on their Facebook page. It won't be long now, exactly what they started doing prior to the announcement of the 50 & Counting shows.
Let's rock!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 12, 2013 08:42

I haven't read every post but I'm sure "launch day" is the day of the press conference announcing the tour, not the first show.

So what mode of travel is left for them to arrive at the press conference? Blimp was digging pretty deep.

Date: March 12, 2013 10:09

Glam Descendant
I haven't read every post but I'm sure "launch day" is the day of the press conference announcing the tour, not the first show.

So what mode of travel is left for them to arrive at the press conference? Blimp was digging pretty deep.

I think they're past all this high profile high visibility "official announcement" palaver myself. I think we'll just all wake up one morning to Facebook/Twitter/e-mail alerts announcing dates/venues/ticket sales (with very little notice at that) .... that'll be about it. The times they are a changin' n' all that.

Just my opinion, thass'all ..........

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 12, 2013 10:12

"Expect the announcement any moment now -- maybe in the next 72 hours -- that The Rolling Stones will reveal the 18 West Coast cities for their new “50 Years & Counting Tour.”

[www.lasvegassun.com]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 12, 2013 10:53

bv
Anybody can easily travel 2-3 hours by cheap flights to London.

IF ONLY THAT WAS TRUE......ANYBODY CAN'T travel 2-3 hours by cheap flights to London.....

Rod
PERTH
AUSTRALIA

Date: March 12, 2013 10:54

Where does this rumoured MAY 2 start date of tour come from? I cant see this on any of the pages of this topic....

Rgds
Rod
Perth

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 12, 2013 11:08

bitusa2012
Where does this rumoured MAY 2 start date of tour come from?

[www.rollingstone.com]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: March 12, 2013 11:14

MANY THANKS....

Rgds
ROD

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 12, 2013 12:07

Lien
"Expect the announcement any moment now -- maybe in the next 72 hours -- that The Rolling Stones will reveal the 18 West Coast cities for their new “50 Years & Counting Tour.”

[www.lasvegassun.com]

"18 West Coast cities" contradicts other recent reports, and is doubtless an error.

Leach had previously reported Las Vegas shows were scheduled for MGM Grand June 7 and June 14, but this latest article doesn't include any dates, and he's now saying "maybe a second if tickets go through the roof".

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 12, 2013 12:15

bitusa2012
bv

IF ONLY THAT WAS TRUE......ANYBODY CAN'T travel 2-3 hours by cheap flights to London.....

Rod
PERTH
AUSTRALIA

Very true... Sorry about that... What I was trying to say was "anybody in Europe"... Perth and Australia is far away indeed. Good news are I hear the promoters in other parts of the world like Brazil and Argentina are bidding on shows for the coming winter (their summer), so that might be an option when they have successfully done the USA summer tour. Nothing decided, but they will be looked into after summer. But like I have said many times - if you live in Europe then you might have to wait a bit until they arrive on your doorstep, in fact it might not happen.

Bjornulf

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: March 12, 2013 12:27

Less than 3 months sounds good to me. Even if it's not Europe.
But I'll be in Toronto from May 14th to May 21st. Maybe I'm lucky with a show or some rehearsals during this period.

Date: March 12, 2013 12:36

bv
bitusa2012
bv

Rod
PERTH
AUSTRALIA

Very true... Sorry about that... What I was trying to say was "anybody in Europe"... Perth and Australia is far away indeed. Good news are I hear the promoters in other parts of the world like Brazil and Argentina are bidding on shows for the coming winter (their summer), so that might be an option when they have successfully done the USA summer tour. Nothing decided, but they will be looked into after summer. But like I have said many times - if you live in Europe then you might have to wait a bit until they arrive on your doorstep, in fact it might not happen.

Now THAT ........ is exciting news. I've always fancied one of those RS/Brazil or RS/Argentina T-shirts !! hot smiley

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 12, 2013 12:41

Soooooo, they're ONLY going to announce the Las Vegas dates?

[www.lasvegassun.com]

This has me perplexed.......

confused smiley

In any case, an announcement from THEM will happen prior to 17th March, I'd say.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 12, 2013 12:45

paulywaul
bv
bitusa2012
bv

Rod
PERTH
AUSTRALIA

Now THAT ........ is exciting news. I've always fancied one of those RS/Brazil or RS/Argentina T-shirts !! hot smiley

Maybe I'm going to skip the USA and safe some money for Argentina this time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-12 14:23 by Harm.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 12, 2013 14:55

It seems to me that the policy of announcing a few dates at a time with "nothing else confirmed" is designed to instil the "this could be my last chance" feeling and keep prices up at the 2012 level.

If I knew for definite that a European tour was coming, I and I presume many others, wouldn't be crossing the pond this time.

At least Mick will have sorted out the secondary market after his outrage over last year's reselling winking smiley

it's only rock n roll confused smiley

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-12 14:56 by straycatuk.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: March 12, 2013 14:58

bv
Good news are I hear the promoters in other parts of the world like Brazil and Argentina are bidding on shows for the coming winter (their summer),

Great, was thinking to visit relatives in Uruguay in winter time anyway.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 12, 2013 15:06

Stoneswolf
bv
Good news are I hear the promoters in other parts of the world like Brazil and Argentina are bidding on shows for the coming winter (their summer),

Great, was thinking to visit relatives in Uruguay in winter time anyway.

Will be great with new places. Heard anything about Novisibirsk?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 12, 2013 15:40

I'm holding out for a show in Botswana.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 12, 2013 16:02

tatters
I'm holding out for a show in Botswana.
winking smiley
Ok but then at the Savuti Camp right on the Okovango Delta

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 12, 2013 16:06

ok serious one: for the concerts last year the official annoucement was 6 weeks prior to the first London show. So I assume that, if the Tour would start on may 2nd, they will make an announcement within the next week. Mostlikely it will be a Monday again, to have a first sale for the VIP thing and then start the normal ticketmaster crash. But again this is all speculation.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 12, 2013 17:18

Cocaine Eyes
Soooooo, they're ONLY going to announce the Las Vegas dates?

[www.lasvegassun.com]

This has me perplexed.......

confused smiley

In any case, an announcement from THEM will happen prior to 17th March, I'd say.

That's one way to put it, perplexed...
Robin told me he has a source "highly reliable in the booking system". And: "announcement expected "imminently"..."

I don't think they will announce just LV and come back a week later for LA and the rest!
My guess would be another video or something like that...

Date: March 12, 2013 17:30

paulywaul
paulywaul
paulywaul
And today's announcement is ................................

that THERE'S NO ANNOUNCEMENT

So the wait goes on ........................................

Wait wait wait, wait wait wait ............ winking smiley

That was yesterday, but this is today

And so is this today, but it's not the same as yesterday's today, it's er ......... todays today. It's all getting very confusing, but the point is, there still no announcement today !!

Wonder what's gonna happen tomorrow. Boy o boy is this exciting ...... hot smiley

Well, as predicted ... yesterday has become today, and there has still been no announcement.

And it turned out not to have been remotely exciting, so I was right on the no announcement bit, but completely wrong on the excitement bit !!

O well, today will become tomorrow and once again today will have become yesterday and there will in all probability be neither announcment nor excitement, so f**k it all ......... I'm going to listen to a Rolling Stones song. B****cks to it all !!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home