Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: March 7, 2013 21:02

Pittsburgh PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 7, 2013 22:12

Who in their right mind would go to see Bon jovi?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 7, 2013 22:23

gotdablouse
bye bye johnny
Might be exclusive to the Bon Jovi show, but FOS is VIP - and priced accordingly.

[barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com]

Thanks for the info, do we know how much these gold/diamond tix were? I can only see £65 for GA (seems like a lot for an open air concert, what's the capacity, 80k ?) and £425/£325 for the hospitality packages.

£165 for the diamond circle, £110 for the golden circle. 65,000 capacity.

[www.seetickets.com]

[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 7, 2013 22:43

Well done, thanks. I wonder if the pricing would be very different for the Stones? It seems a bit high for Bon Jovi to me, at least for GA (the diamong/gold are sold out)...so maybe it's set by the "British Summer Time In Hyde Park" organizers?

Re: Exclusive: Rolling Stones to mount 18-concert tour this spring
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 7, 2013 23:34

BluzDude
sweetcharmedlife
bye bye johnny
Stoneswolf
[www.examiner.com]

The Rolling Stones are mounting a 2013 late spring North American arena tour that will total 18 concerts with multiple-night stands in some cities. On this round of tour dates, arenas with professional and college sports commitments are likely to be sitting on the sidelines

The number of shows and multi-night stands sounds plausible, but the comment about arenas with pro and college sports tenants being passed over seems dubious.

Aside from the fact that college basketball seaon will be long over by May/June, arenas with mutiple sports teams routinely schedule other events in between those games.
NBA and NHL regular season will be over in April and only a small number of teams will still be playing in June.

Yes, and with the Lakers and Kings...the way they are playing, no worries,
As far as the Clippers go, even if they make it that far, nobody cares about them anyway....Staples and the NBA will just have to work the Clippers schedule around the Stones.drinking smiley
The Kings are defending Stanley Cup champs and playing well. Not sure how far into June the NHL playoffs go though.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 8, 2013 01:32

I am sure it just the same intenet fodder, but Meg Griffin a long time NYC area DJ just stated on her Sirius Radio show that The Rolling Stones has 18 tour dates confirmed including Glastonbury

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2013 01:41

OneHourPhoto
I am sure it just the same intenet fodder, but Meg Griffin a long time NYC area DJ just stated on her Sirius Radio show that The Rolling Stones has 18 tour dates confirmed including Glastonbury

Well it's pretty obvious something is in the works, so that doesn't sound farfetched at all.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 8, 2013 01:50

treaclefingers
OneHourPhoto

Well it's pretty obvious something is in the works, so that doesn't sound farfetched at all.

Ask me what I know about this.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 8, 2013 02:13

once the stones confirm by press conference then it is real, until then ?

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: March 8, 2013 06:41

Was in London in August of 2007.... saw 2 of the 3 O2 shows, as well as both of the Rolling Stones Project shows. Spent a lot of $$ that we really didn't have and I don't regret one bit of it.

Glad I live in Chicago... would be happy to get at least 1 show this next tour. Have seen them every tour since '81. Was lucky enough to see all 3 shows in 2004 (United Center, US Cellular Field and the Aragon). They've done Soldier Field numerous times. A lot of acts have been performing @ Wrigley Field, which might be a great location for the Stones. Wherever they decide to play, we'll be there!!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 8, 2013 08:11

wineaux
Was in London in August of 2007.... saw 2 of the 3 O2 shows, as well as both of the Rolling Stones Project shows. Spent a lot of $$ that we really didn't have and I don't regret one bit of it.

Glad I live in Chicago... would be happy to get at least 1 show this next tour. Have seen them every tour since '81. Was lucky enough to see all 3 shows in 2004 (United Center, US Cellular Field and the Aragon). They've done Soldier Field numerous times. A lot of acts have been performing @ Wrigley Field, which might be a great location for the Stones. Wherever they decide to play, we'll be there!!

You were also at the Ronnie Wood and Stu concerts? There was a fan from Chicago there

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 8, 2013 15:31

melillo

There was no press conference in the fall if I recall.
It's all about social media now.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 8, 2013 15:42

The Rolling Stones Preparing To Announce Spring US Tour

Thursday, 07 March 2013 Written by Jon Stickler

According to the latest whispers and rumours, veteran British rockers The Rolling Stones are preparing to announce a North American arena tour for late spring. The new US trek, which looks pretty certain despite no official word from the band yet, is set to total 18 concerts with a number of cities getting multiple shows (its already reported that a two-night stand is planned for the Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena).

New promoters Virgin Live, who were behind the Stones' recent trans-atlantic shows that celebrated their 50th anniversary at the end of last year, are once again the driving force behind this new US tour. Virgin Live is the result of the coming together of Australian promoters Dainty Group and British mogul Richard Branson's Virgin Group. BIG things are planned for the future.

The Stones' last outing took in five arena shows at the end of last year. November 25th and November 29th at London's O2 Arena, December 8th at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York and December 13th and December 15th at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Check back to Stereoboard for further news on a Rolling Stones US tour.

As yet there are no dates for a UK tour, although Stereoboard are backing Mick, Keith, Ronnie And Charlie to headline at this year's Glastonbury festival in June. Following Glastonbury's big line-up announcement, we believe the band will reveal dates for a UK tour... which could include a huge show at Knebworth. We think.

Stay tuned for further updates!

[www.stereoboard.com]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 8, 2013 15:57

Yeah yeah yeah, same recycled unconfirmed rumours and general bollocks ............... can we just have the OFFICIAL RS announcement please - Messers Glimmers & Sir Ron & Charlie ? Just put us out of our agony please, some of us are trying to plan our silly little lives here !! winking smiley hot smiley

PS - and play at least one decent show in London will you, not some bloody farmyard field in the middle of the inevitable "rain-soaked British countryside" about 100 miles out to the west ??

Fankyew kindly !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-08 16:01 by paulywaul.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 8, 2013 16:00

paulywaul
Yeah yeah yeah, same recycled unconfirmed rumours and general bollocks ............... can we just have the OFFICIAL RS announcement please - Messers Glimmers & sir Ron & charlie ? Just put us out of our agony please, some of us are trying to plan our silly little lives here !! winking smiley hot smiley

Me too !!! And I can't stand festivals either !!

Satisfied since 1976

Date: March 8, 2013 16:42

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
OneHourPhoto

No, I don't want to. You can't make me.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 8, 2013 16:49

Just tossing this thought into the mix. Does Jagger want to be touring near/on his birthday? Does he want to wake up to headlines that will (no doubt) go like this:

THE ROLLING STONES PLAYED TO A PACKED HOUSE LAST NIGHT IN SPITE OF THE AGING MICK JAGGER WHO TURNED 70 YESTERDAY!

I'd be more inclined to think that Mick wants all of this done and dusted prior to 26th July, 2013.

Merely my humble opinion......smoking smiley

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 8, 2013 16:53

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
OneHourPhoto

No, I don't want to. You can't make me.

You're grounded.

Date: March 8, 2013 16:53

Cocaine Eyes
Just tossing this thought into the mix. Does Jagger want to be touring near/on his birthday? Does he want to wake up to headlines that will (no doubt) go like this:

THE ROLLING STONES PLAYED TO A PACKED HOUSE LAST NIGHT IN SPITE OF THE AGING MICK JAGGER WHO TURNED 70 YESTERDAY!

I'd be more inclined to think that Mick wants all of this done and dusted prior to 26th July, 2013.

Merely my humble opinion......smoking smiley

I think there's a fine tradition of birthdays on the road. I also think that's part of what drives Jagger, the disbelief of how athletic and agile he is at his age.

I actually think he'd look forward to that headline.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 8, 2013 16:57

There is indeed a fine tradition of birthdays on the road. I hope you're right about Jagger liking the idea.......this time!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 8, 2013 17:12

paulywaul
put us out of our agony

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 8, 2013 18:32

Cocaine Eyes
There is indeed a fine tradition of birthdays on the road. I hope you're right about Jagger liking the idea.......this time!

I will never forget that moment, when I (together with other 80,000 people) sang Happy Birthday to Mick, who turned 60 the day before.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 8, 2013 18:59

andrewt
melillo

There was no press conference in the fall if I recall.
It's all about social media now.
Grrrrerogor will announce the tour on Twitter.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 8, 2013 19:35

Happy24
Cocaine Eyes

I will never forget that moment, when I (together with other 80,000 people) sang Happy Birthday to Mick, who turned 60 the day before.

That was in paris, was not it

Jeroen

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 8, 2013 19:52

Rolling Hansie
paulywaul
put us out of our agony

Ted Nugent?

Cat Scratch Fever

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 8, 2013 20:20

I think this important thread is full of bvllshit.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 8, 2013 20:28

So to summarize : US tour + UK with : Glastonbury and Knebworth. Am I right ?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 8, 2013 20:31

phd
So to summarize : US tour + UK with : Glastonbury and Knebworth. Am I right ?

Plus Hyde Park, most likely.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 8, 2013 20:34

OK. Then no Wembley or QEII Olympic Stadium.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 8, 2013 21:24

how about msg!!!!!!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1415
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home