Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 56
Re: Exclusive: Rolling Stones to mount 18-concert tour this spring
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 7, 2013 03:57

sweetcharmedlife
bye bye johnny
Stoneswolf
[www.examiner.com]

The Rolling Stones are mounting a 2013 late spring North American arena tour that will total 18 concerts with multiple-night stands in some cities. On this round of tour dates, arenas with professional and college sports commitments are likely to be sitting on the sidelines

The number of shows and multi-night stands sounds plausible, but the comment about arenas with pro and college sports tenants being passed over seems dubious.

Aside from the fact that college basketball seaon will be long over by May/June, arenas with mutiple sports teams routinely schedule other events in between those games.
NBA and NHL regular season will be over in April and only a small number of teams will still be playing in June.

Yes, and with the Lakers and Kings...the way they are playing, no worries,
As far as the Clippers go, even if they make it that far, nobody cares about them anyway....Staples and the NBA will just have to work the Clippers schedule around the Stones.drinking smiley

Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 7, 2013 04:19

AUSTRALIA ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 7, 2013 06:26

I guess Glastonbury it is - they just announced Springsteen as the headliner for Hard Rock Calling. Since Glastonbury sold out months ago, I thought that it would make the most sense for them to play Hard Rock Calling, . . . . oh well.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 7, 2013 09:34

They can play a couple shows at BC Place in Vancouver again! Would be awesome to see them with the new roof open.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 7, 2013 13:55

to bjornulf

what are the 2 festivals in london where the stones will play.....

just wondering.

jeroen

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 7, 2013 14:24

corriecas
to bjornulf

just wondering.

jeroen

Is it possible that you wonder too much? I wonder...

Posted by: JiminNB ()
Date: March 7, 2013 14:35

I think the Stones should wrap up their tour playing the Fredericton Harvest Blues Fest in Sept! Failing that it's a long ride to Hog Town (toronto)! Smiling in anticipation!

Date: March 7, 2013 16:02

GRNRBITW
corriecas
to bjornulf

just wondering.

jeroen

I guess you are not gonna see the Stones in London.
jeroen

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: March 7, 2013 16:04

Waiting paitently...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 7, 2013 16:06

corriecas
GRNRBITW
corriecas
to bjornulf

just wondering.

jeroen

jeroen

He despises The Stones... but rest assured most of us dont, and personally I think it is ok to wonder, heck, I was just wondering the other day, I wondered/wonder who wrote the book of love?

Date: March 7, 2013 16:06

Waiting yeah..

Patiently?????????? No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeroen

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: March 7, 2013 16:08

You're right..
I'm also checking IORR, websites, twitter etc everyday...hope to find some news.

Date: March 7, 2013 16:22

corriecas
Max'sKansasCity
corriecas
GRNRBITW
corriecas
to bjornulf

just wondering.

jeroen

jeroen

He despises The Stones... but rest assured most of us dont, and personally I think it is ok to wonder, heck, I was just wondering the other day, I wondered/wonder who wrote the book of love?

You are full of shite, arent you..
If one person loves the Stones i am.
WTF i am not even gonna take this discussion with you
Dream on and take your medicine.
Jeroen

If you took the time to read it, I wrote "He" responding to you about him, thus I wasnt saying that about you. I said GRNRBITW despises The Stones, he has said it on many occasions.... of course this doesnt mean I am not full of shit, and you still can be mad at me if you want, I dont mind, lots of people are, oh well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-07 16:46 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 7, 2013 16:38

Looks like it's gonna be Glastonbury and 10 nights at Wembley Stadium. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Only kiddin' about 10 nights,but I'm sure it will be at least 2 gigs there. smiling smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 7, 2013 16:59

Detroit waits, impatiently, for two shows!

Please?

Date: March 7, 2013 17:03

Max'sKansasCity
corriecas
Max'sKansasCity
corriecas
GRNRBITW
corriecas
to bjornulf

just wondering.

jeroen

jeroen

Jeroen

If you took the time to read it, I wrote "He" responding to you about him, thus I wasnt saying that about you. I said GRNRBITW despises The Stones, he has said it on many occasions.... of course this doesnt mean I am not full of shit, and you still can be mad at me if you want, I dont mind, lots of people are, oh well.

Point Taken, sorry...
I am just too busy and a bit @#$%& up and waiting for a Stones announcement about the London shos.
jeroen

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 7, 2013 17:19

corriecas
Max'sKansasCity
corriecas
Max'sKansasCity
corriecas
GRNRBITW
corriecas
to bjornulf

just wondering.

jeroen

jeroen

Jeroen

Point Taken, sorry...
I am just too busy and a bit @#$%& up and waiting for a Stones announcement about the London shos.
jeroen

I was wondering if you are too busy and fukked up....

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 7, 2013 17:24

crawdaddy
Looks like it's gonna be Glastonbury and 10 nights at Wembley Stadium. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Only kiddin' about 10 nights,but I'm sure it will be at least 2 gigs there. smiling smiley

Since Glastonbury's all but confirmed, it might be impractical and cost prohibitive to construct a stage for just one or two stadium shows.

That said, the British Summertime Festival in Hyde Park seems the more logical fit.

Date: March 7, 2013 17:27

corriecas

Point Taken, sorry...
jeroen

Its all good.... and they will announce soon.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 7, 2013 17:48

Just in case Hyde Park is one of the two concerts, couldn't the three big fansites try to get (buy) eg.1.500 FOS tickets? I think you could make sure only fans would get those tickets.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: March 7, 2013 18:04

Harm
Just in case Hyde Park is one of the two concerts, couldn't the three big fansites try to get (buy) eg.1.500 FOS tickets? I think you could make sure only fans would get those tickets.

nice idea harm !smiling smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 7, 2013 18:07

Might be exclusive to the Bon Jovi show, but FOS is VIP - and priced accordingly.

[barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com]

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 7, 2013 18:13

bye bye johnny
Might be exclusive to the Bon Jovi show, but FOS is VIP - and priced accordingly.

Those are semicircles - if they are listed as Circles on the tickets, then they should play In The Round.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: March 7, 2013 18:37

I definitely think they will play in Atlanta, hopefully Tampa as well.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 7, 2013 18:40

Let's face it,at Glastonbury,The Stones are gonna play on the same stage as everyone else. No fancy walkways and tongue pit or that malarkey.

No reason why they will have a fancy stage for just another few gigs in U.K.
If it is festivals ,they all use the same stage.If it turns out to be Wembley Stadium shows,it could be the same.Nice and big but without the frilly bits.

Maybe in U.S.A. where it seems they will do more shows,they will have something more fancy to move from one venue to another.Then it will be put in storage or scrapped I expect. Sold off for souvenirs of the last Rolling Stones tour maybe ? smiling smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 7, 2013 19:26

Kasabian's Serge Pizzorno has confirmed that The Rolling Stones will be playing this summer's Glastonbury festival.

Speaking to MTV News, the band's chief songwriter was talking about Kasabian's headline slot at Hard Rock Calling, which takes place the same June weekend as Glastonbury. He said:

I hope ours is the most talked about performance of the weekend, but that would be a miracle because The Rolling Stones are playing Glastonbury.

He added of Kasabian's Hard Rock set, which will take place in Stratford rather than the usual Hyde Park site: "It's nice because we'll be christening the Olympic Park and we're playing with Paul Weller and Miles Kane, so it's gonna be a great Saturday night.”

The new site hopefully means that the festival will not be dogged with complaints about low sound levels as the Hyde Park venue was in the past. "This band does not work at low levels – it needs to be deafening," said Pizzorno.

Kasabian will headline Hard Rock Calling alongside Bruce Springsteen. The festival, which takes place at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford, London, runs on June 29 and 30.

"Last year, Bruce Springsteen And The E Street Band made international news and history when their Hard Rock Calling encore with Sir Paul McCartney was unceremoniously cut short due to a noise curfew at Hyde Park," said CEO of Hard Rock International, Hamish Dodds. "This summer we are giving Bruce and the band the opportunity to finish what they started and make history again with a celebrated performance at Hard Rock Calling."

Tickets for Hard Rock Calling go on sale this Friday (March 8) at 9am with Saturday tickets priced at £45 and Sunday tickets £62.50.

Read more at [www.nme.com]

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: March 7, 2013 19:31

I hope they play in the Olympic park or Wembley, hopefully not Hyde Park.

Date: March 7, 2013 19:49

...I would be very happy with a gig at Hyde Park! A festival without "golden circles" or something else... only general admission tickets... the first fans have to be in the first row, like they did at Goffertpark, NL in 2007 drinking smiley.

Only Rock'n'Roll... by the greatest Rock'n'Roll BANK of the World tongue sticking out smiley!!!

Hoping to meet many other fans this year -
I'm ready for travelling cool smiley!

Date: March 7, 2013 19:55

Wembley would be nice, with a Golden Shower, sorry Circle.

Jeroen

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 7, 2013 20:37

bye bye johnny

Thanks for the info, do we know how much these gold/diamond tix were? I can only see £65 for GA (seems like a lot for an open air concert, what's the capacity, 80k ?) and £425/£325 for the hospitality packages.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home