Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: March 4, 2013 09:56

There would be no Stones legend without kiss and tells, from Marianne, Tony Sanchez, or now Jo Woods. They make money out of it too, and why not?

Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Date: March 4, 2013 11:14

Everytime I read about the lenghty periods of drugs&alcohol use and never ending parties I think of their extraordinaire physical strength nd astonishing endirance... and I jokingly wonder how far they would had arrived if they had engaged in sports. And reversely what would have happended if field and track stars would have taken as much drugs and booze as them. grinning smiley

Keith, Ron, Anita, Jo Wood...gold medallists! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 4, 2013 11:18

Reasons for Anita not writing a kiss and tell would be that;
it doesnt suit her image;
she is uglier than Keith;
it would mean she has to write about Brian, her "one real true passion", which would make Keith think twice about paying her;
it would make Keith look bad (and cool);
she would have to include the death of Tara, her envy against Bianca and Mick, her scene with Mick, death of Scott Cantrell, upbringing of Marlon, how they/Keith got heroin in 1979/1980 in the projects, her drugged out life in the 70s,
how Mick ended her (and Keiths) reign of power by marriying Bianca.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-04 11:24 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: March 4, 2013 11:23

Jo, a GILF that looks like a MILF, does not seem like some trash writing about Ronnie. I think she's writing about the damage he did to her and their family. Besides he's the one who went public about his affairs. This is her response. I also have a feeling that he must have done something in 1981/1982 to make not only Mick but also Keith consider firing him. They all did drugs but Ronnie wasnt allowed to do drugs with them because of his behaviour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-04 11:24 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: March 4, 2013 11:27

However Anita should write a biography or even a bio-novel, not a kiss and tell but something smarter more classy.

Date: March 4, 2013 11:47

How did Ronnie go public about their affair?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 4, 2013 11:48

Redhotcarpet
Reasons for Anita not writing a kiss and tell would be that;
it doesnt suit her image;
she is uglier than Keith;
it would mean she has to write about Brian, her "one real true passion", which would make Keith think twice about paying her;
it would make Keith look bad (and cool);
she would have to include the death of Tara, her envy against Bianca and Mick, her scene with Mick, death of Scott Cantrell, upbringing of Marlon, how they/Keith got heroin in 1979/1980 in the projects, her drugged out life in the 70s,
how Mick ended her (and Keiths) reign of power by marriying Bianca.

Not to mention her giving heroin to the cook's underage daughter at Nellcote, her fear that she was pregnant with Mick's child and was planning to abort it, and how Keith's mother took Angela away from her.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 4, 2013 12:07

Ronnie did... Ronnie caused... Ronnie destroyed?
All by himself eh? It was 100% Ronnie's fault eh?

Anyone who has ever been in a long long term relationship knows that it is a two way street. The beginning, middle and end is based on both people. 35 years was a good run. 35 years is longer than most couples make it. It is too she feels obligated to burn it all to ground now to make some (more) money while trying to make Ronnie look bad.

I bet most people will feel no different about Ronnie after her shit slinging storm, it is pretty common knowledge about the drugs etc etc.... but I bet more people take a dimmer view of her, for one reason or another.

Keep your chin up Ronnie, keep taking the classy road, this will all pass soon enough. Hope to see you out there on the road man. Keep on rocking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-04 12:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 4, 2013 14:58

GravityBoy
loog droog
GravityBoy
uhbuhgullayew
GravityBoy

What is that?

Good question.

Looks like the scene from the movie "Alien."

Maybe.

But the "Keith's liver escaping" is a much better answer.

Alien or Liver Escaping?

Other???

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 4, 2013 15:47

"or Liver Divorcing", like "I can't take it anymore Keith! I split!"

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 4, 2013 16:03

dcba
Liver Divorcing"

That would be "Livorcing" smoking smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 4, 2013 17:00

I guess Ronnie doesn't wear a wig after all, or else I'm sure Jo would have said something about it. Not to mention posting a pic or two. THAT would hurt!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 7, 2013 22:25

bleedingman
I guess Ronnie doesn't wear a wig after all, or else I'm sure Jo would have said something about it. Not to mention posting a pic or two. THAT would hurt!

Was this ever in question?

Thought that all of the wig debates had to do with Keith.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 11, 2013 10:24

While Jo's book was published in England in February, it won't be published in the States until May, and I enjoyed reading sample pages at:[www.amazon.com]

Interesting among the sample pages was this bit about Jo's (part African) mother when she lived in South Africa:

"Shortly before leaving for England she [Jo's mother] had been working at her auntie's grocery in Umtata and one of the local lads would come by every week on the pretence of buying a few bits and pieces so he could stare at her. Then one day he handed her a love letter. `Lots of garbage about how lovely I was,' is Mum's typically no-nonsense memory of it. It was a shame she didn't keep the letter as it was signed `Nelson Mandela.'"

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 11, 2013 10:35

Title5Take1
Interesting among the sample pages was this bit about Jo's (part African) mother when she lived in South Africa:

"Shortly before leaving for England she [Jo's mother] had been working at her auntie's grocery in Umtata and one of the local lads would come by every week on the pretence of buying a few bits and pieces so he could stare at her. Then one day he handed her a love letter. `Lots of garbage about how lovely I was,' is Mum's typically no-nonsense memory of it. It was a shame she didn't keep the letter as it was signed `Nelson Mandela.'"

Oh my god, what a cheap kind of woman. No wonder Ronnie ran off.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 11, 2013 10:50

Max'sKansasCity
Midnight Toker
She could have left at anytime but she continued on and still cashes Ronnies checks on a monthly basis.

This kiss and tell stuff sucks.Dopey people with sour grapes in need of an extra paycheck.
+1 on that. No one forced her to stay in that relationship, she was free to go anytime she wanted. I find her coinciding all of this (the auction, selling her sob story) with The Stones 50th Anniversary disgusting. She is now simply another money grubber, another greedy person, cashing in on The Stones name.

She IS the agrieved party in this. Very interested to see how you all would feel if this happened to you

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 11, 2013 19:43

bitusa2012
Max'sKansasCity
Midnight Toker
She could have left at anytime but she continued on and still cashes Ronnies checks on a monthly basis.

This kiss and tell stuff sucks.Dopey people with sour grapes in need of an extra paycheck.
+1 on that. No one forced her to stay in that relationship, she was free to go anytime she wanted. I find her coinciding all of this (the auction, selling her sob story) with The Stones 50th Anniversary disgusting. She is now simply another money grubber, another greedy person, cashing in on The Stones name.

She IS the agrieved party in this. Very interested to see how you all would feel if this happened to you

We all get agrieved. We all get fuked over. It is part of living among humans. When it happens to me I dont air the/our/my laundry in public (to friends and family) dreaming it will fix anything.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 11, 2013 20:53

Max'sKansasCity
Midnight Toker

you guys are absolutely spot on.and as max said earlier,ronnie was married when she hooked up with him.
"oh,this mean old rock star treated me bad and forced me to live in mansions and fly around in private jets,he even took drugs and acted crazy.i was so shocked"- screw off

ronnie is a good dude.we can thank him for helping keep the stones together and he always keeps his ego in check,he's a team player.
he's even been the one pushing to have mick taylor more involved in the stones now-thats a strong move.

i'm suprised no one seems to know that anita DID write a book.i skimmed through it in a used bookstore...i'm gonna say about 80-81.
i remember it because it was before the mick/keith mid 80s war and she said something that struck me:
"mick and keith,those two are gonna have to face each other someday"

i thought what in the hell is she talking about?she's lost it.mick and keith are as tight as could be.
hey,who knew?? i've since gained alot of respect for anitas take on the stones.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 11, 2013 21:23

Well, while I am not much interested in all this dirty laundry as it relates to Stones' women, I do recall in Ronnie's book, he just sort of waits around for his then wife to go off on some huge tantrum or rage, so he can have just the right moment to blow off the marriage. This is him writing, from his point of view.

So keeping in mind that sort of approach, devolving into an incoherent and mean drunk, and making a mockery of his marriage to Jo ever worse by the day, I wonder if he simply wanted out much sooner - maybe years sooner - but he had to "wait" for her to end it all. Doesn't really increase the odds of a harmonious split.

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: April 11, 2013 22:44

Anita wrote a book?

Date: April 11, 2013 23:31

SweetThing
Well, while I am not much interested in all this dirty laundry as it relates to Stones' women, I do recall in Ronnie's book, he just sort of waits around for his then wife to go off on some huge tantrum or rage, so he can have just the right moment to blow off the marriage. This is him writing, from his point of view.

So keeping in mind that sort of approach, devolving into an incoherent and mean drunk, and making a mockery of his marriage to Jo ever worse by the day, I wonder if he simply wanted out much sooner - maybe years sooner - but he had to "wait" for her to end it all. Doesn't really increase the odds of a harmonious split.

It appears he waited til after Leah's wedding.

Date: June 17, 2013 06:11

I just finished Jo Wood's memoir, and Ronnie subtley tried to sabotage Jo Wood's business, whereas Mick's always been an enthusiastic supporter of Jerry's swimsuit line, and now L'Wren's design business.

I very much enjoyed her memoir.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-17 06:15 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 17, 2013 10:22

I haven't read the book, and have no intention to, so I'm curious -- how does one subtly sabotage a business? I have no idea what her business is, so maybe Ron has succeeded already.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 17, 2013 10:46

Jo's company designed and purveyed perfumes and cosmetics that were designated as organic.
It's a desperately difficult field to be successful in, and no "subtle sabotage" is needed to fail.
I haven't read Jo's book. Wasn't it Ronnie's money (largely or exclusively) that funded her company?

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 17, 2013 12:54

From4tilLate
Anita wrote a book?

Now she must have been made some big offers for that, I'm sure of it.

And it would be really interesting to read, she seems to be pretty smart (and decadent) woman, though it would open some wounds between the band members if the book would be totally open and honest, no doubt about it.

Maybe she has an agreement with Keith she won't do it, I don't know.

I'm sure Keith gives her as much money as she needs, so for the money she doesn't have to do that.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 17, 2013 14:47

I just finished the book too. For the most part, I enjoyed it, Jo has a good sense of humor and it comes through in her writing. There are some great antedotes about life on the road, the crew guys who were her friends, and Keith in particular.

Her pain and despair comes through in the chapters about the end of her marriage, and Ronnie comes off very badly there. Ronnie is not always the happy go lucky guy in private, and is often the case with alcoholics, can be a very mean drunk. She singles out Jerry Hall and Keith and Patti for being there for her when Ronnie left her, but pointedly says that Mick has never contacted her to this day.

But the book ends optimistically, which is really Jo's personality. She and Ronnie have a friendly relationship now, which is to her credit.

I'll try to write a longer review later, if anyone cares, but I'd say it's worth a read.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 17, 2013 14:58

Ronnie is certainly not always a happy go lucky guy, he seems to be that kind of guy when he is in the Rolling Stones (he has adopted that kind of role in band) but is not the whole truth about him, I watched a tv-documentary about him as an painter and he didn't seem to be an easy person at all. He was very angry to the art gallery owner that his other than the Rolling Stones paintings didn't get enough space and visibility. That was a totally different Ron Wood there in my opinion. So there are many sides to him, I'm sure he can be a really nice guy too.

Date: June 17, 2013 15:08

lem motlow
Max'sKansasCity
Midnight Toker

you guys are absolutely spot on.and as max said earlier,ronnie was married when she hooked up with him.
"oh,this mean old rock star treated me bad and forced me to live in mansions and fly around in private jets,he even took drugs and acted crazy.i was so shocked"- screw off

ronnie is a good dude.we can thank him for helping keep the stones together and he always keeps his ego in check,he's a team player.
he's even been the one pushing to have mick taylor more involved in the stones now-thats a strong move.

i'm suprised no one seems to know that anita DID write a book.i skimmed through it in a used bookstore...i'm gonna say about 80-81.
i remember it because it was before the mick/keith mid 80s war and she said something that struck me:
"mick and keith,those two are gonna have to face each other someday"

i thought what in the hell is she talking about?she's lost it.mick and keith are as tight as could be.
hey,who knew?? i've since gained alot of respect for anitas take on the stones.

Do you mean you read an interview with Anita? She's given a few interviews over the years that have appeared in other people's books; either A E Hotchner or Philip Norman's earlier book, iirc. There is no book by her either on Amazon or ABE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-17 20:24 by Bliss.

Date: June 17, 2013 18:51

with sssoul
Jo's company designed and purveyed perfumes and cosmetics that were designated as organic.
It's a desperately difficult field to be successful in, and no "subtle sabotage" is needed to fail.
I haven't read Jo's book. Wasn't it Ronnie's money (largely or exclusively) that funded her company?

Aside from Ronnie's general discouragement, Jo was to meet with Neiman Marcus buyers in a hotel room and Woody had a crazy party that went all night; Jo felt possibly so she got no sleep before meeting those buyers the next day. (Honestly, I'm a successful person, and I've experienced similar resentments directed at me that Jo experienced. It's probably why I focussed on that part of the book more than some might).

Jo does credit Ronnie for being the guarantor for her bank loans for the business. Anyway, it was rather all made moot when, in the divorce proceedings, Jo had to liquidate the business. That was no one's fault, really, just part and parcel of the divorce. She said she hopes to get the business going again.

She slams Ronnie in the book, but is also extremely complimentary to him in other parts. It was actually more balanced than I expected, and was better organized than some other relatively recent rock memoirs (like Pattie Boyd Harrison's, that jumped about chronologically, although I nonetheless enjoyed it.)

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 17, 2013 18:55

Title5, thanks for the post.

One does wonder why Jo felt compelled to write this book. A good shrink would have been more helpful. And less embarassing to the children.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1857
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home