Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Visiting London and....
Posted by: smashmark ()
Date: February 17, 2013 18:53

...looking for some cool rock and roll tourist-y recommendations from fellow iorr-ers in the UK.

I havent been to london in a while, and looking for fun rock and roll-y things to do, shop, eat, drink in London.

thanx!!

Re: Visiting London and....
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 17, 2013 19:19

I would say go to Camden Town for music and some interesting foods and a good pub under the bridge in the middle of it all. Sorry forgot the name, but they have some nice real ales and make their own pies. Also, Carnaby Street was cool for me. Not very English but there is a great hamburger joint there called Kauhana, or something close to that. Have fun, it's a great city.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: February 17, 2013 19:58

Carnaby Street and Camden now both exist purely for tourists. They are about as rock and roll as Doris Day!!

Abbey Road is a must. You can sit on the step of the Beatles former office in Saville Row. There's loads of stuff to see - just research it on the net and map it out.

If you like the Hard Rock Cafe chain beware that the London one is the pits. Of the five that I have visited it was the worst.

Posted by: stein ()
Date: February 17, 2013 20:12

I have been to 78 Hard Rock Cafes and London is a must, Camden is still a nice place to see all stands and shops are open at weekends. Soho is worth a visit every day. Portabello at Notting Hill use to be overcrowded on saturdays.
Dont use to much time at Oxford Street and Kings Road.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: February 17, 2013 20:24

stein
I have been to 78 Hard Rock Cafes and London is a must, Camden is still a nice place to see all stands and shops are open at weekends. Soho is worth a visit every day. Portabello at Notting Hill use to be overcrowded on saturdays.
Dont use to much time at Oxford Street and Kings Road.

The service at HRC London is v.poor. You would be better served just visiting The Vault just opposite.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home