Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Band Meeting next month
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: February 12, 2013 17:49

and Ronnie trying to get them to do Glastonbury..

well at least we know they are meeting to plan this year's activity

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Re: Band Meeting next month
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 12, 2013 17:52

Cool..The Stones keep on rocking.
NOW----Give us a New album.

Thanks.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 12, 2013 18:28

Good News........
Cant wait for the announcement

jeroen

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 12, 2013 18:42

Ronnie's regular announcements of tours and albums are not too reliable.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 12, 2013 18:42

Don't forget to take all of this with a grain of salt:

None of this can be taken as true until the Jagger follow-up telling Ronnie to keep his mouth shut.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 12, 2013 18:44

mr_dja
Don't forget to take all of this with a grain of salt:

None of this can be taken as true until the Jagger follow-up telling Ronnie to keep his mouth shut.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Yes, but still good news, eh? Life is a dream says Calderon...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 12, 2013 18:58

well the comments at the end of the article sure weren't very nice...

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: February 12, 2013 19:05

duke richardson

Just the usual trolls you find everywhere! reality shows have made them think that their opinion counts!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 12, 2013 19:15

I wonder what Ronnie's plan is. Will it include a PowerPoint presentation? Or will he just get on his knees and beg? Maybe he'll promise to do Mick and Keith's laundry for a month if they agree to the concert.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 12, 2013 19:17

Ronnie is likely merely announcing a divorce, followed by the excellent news of a new engagement!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 12, 2013 19:19

windmelody

Actually he'd predicted the concerts at the end of 2012 if memory serves...Does show that they had nothing planned for the beginning of the year and that the 50th concerts were really a "standalone" event, lots of work indeed just for 5 concerts, but some of it will come in handy for 2013.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 12, 2013 19:20

nanker phelge
duke richardson

Just the usual trolls you find everywhere! reality shows have made them think that their opinion counts!
They're just trolls if you get upset and emotional over what they say. If not, then who cares what they say. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Not sure how reality shows have made people think that their opinion counts. Do our opinions count but theirs don't? How does that work?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 12, 2013 19:26

GumbootCloggeroo
Do our opinions count but theirs don't? How does that work?

It starts with a yearly membership fee and then a monthly quota you are expected to fill.
I can send you a membership packet to look over if you like.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 12, 2013 21:16

Maybe Prince Rupert will be there hot smiley

Date: February 12, 2013 23:56

windmelody

Neither are yours

jeroen

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 13, 2013 00:07

Hope all goes well and that Mick T. is there too.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 13, 2013 00:21

It ain't happening until the fat Jagger sings,

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: February 13, 2013 00:38

I'm guessing they are meeting a 6CD boxed set of rarities, coupled with a new CD and tour where they will mostly be playing album cuts and the occasional hit.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 13, 2013 01:38

Lynd8
I'm guessing ...

Congratulations. You're not the only one

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 13, 2013 06:13

there is a tour - repeat - there is a tour

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 13, 2013 09:50

hbwriter

I believe this. Only concern I have is ticket prices and availability. And of course I hope for an interesting setlist. At least a couple rarely played/interesting songs would satisfy me.

Date: February 13, 2013 11:07

frankotero
hbwriter

I believe this. Only concern I have is ticket prices and availability. And of course I hope for an interesting setlist. At least a couple rarely played/interesting songs would satisfy me.

I agree with you Frankotero, same here.smileys with beer

jeroen

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: February 13, 2013 12:28

They are going to tour i am sure of that but only a short one with small number of dates, with this in mind the prices will stay high as they will not have to sell as many tickets as in the past. This is a new way of doing it, same money less gigs, simple maths.
Why tour 100 dates @ £75 per ticket when they could do 25 dates @ £300, thinkl thats the way it will go!

They are always breaking records so this will be a new one, the most expencive rock and roll band in the world, and i don't care.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-13 12:39 by pgarof.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: February 13, 2013 12:34

Despite all the fuzz about this "band" meeting we will see what happens. Sometimes I have the feeling that Ronnie twitters to much out, On the other hand this might be well prepared to feed the fans and give us room for thousands of speculations.

There is one thing clear: Ticket prices are set as at the end the concerts did sell out with whatever third party sales. So do not expect discount giftscool smiley

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: February 13, 2013 12:40

pgarof
They are going to tour i am sure of that but only a short one with small number of dates, with this in mind the prices will stay high as they will not have to sell as many tickets as in the past. This is a new way of doing it, same maney less gigs, simple maths.

Why tour 100 dates @ £75 per ticket when they could do 25 dates @ £300, thinkl thats the way it will go!

They are always breaking records so this will be a new one, the most expencive rock and roll band in the world, and i don't care.
In that way, it means that when you prefer to play 25 instead of 100 gigs, it is evident that they don't enjoy playing.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: February 13, 2013 12:47

aprilfool
pgarof
They are going to tour i am sure of that but only a short one with small number of dates, with this in mind the prices will stay high as they will not have to sell as many tickets as in the past. This is a new way of doing it, same maney less gigs, simple maths.

In that way, it means that when you prefer to play 25 instead of 100 gigs, it is evident that they don't enjoy playing.

Well i don't really think that is the case, for one thingf they are old now so 100 dates would be very tiring for them so with a smaller number of gigs they have it all was, less grulings tours for the same money and they csn put that extra bit of effort into the gigs as they don't have to do it too many times, just a thought.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 13, 2013 13:12

I would tend to agree with that, it's obvious they still like to play together, why...I'm not sure, feeling young again, the ego boost, the enjoyment they provide, the money, etc...but obviously they don't have the same energy they had 20 or even 10 years ago, who does?

Fewer shows at full energy like at the O2, that's the way to go, except of course for our wallets but then some here, say Europe based, would catch all the shows in Europe, so they can see 5 instead of 20 for the same overall price.

Date: February 13, 2013 13:35

Ofcourse they wont play a 100 show tour. They dont have the energy, thats normal. Neither would i.
My guess is, they will do 20 shows in europe and do it with a blast
Hope i can catch them 3 or 4 times.

jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-13 14:14 by corriecas.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: February 13, 2013 13:59

In meeting....

Mick: "OK, so this year I'd like to go out solo promoting a deluxe edition of Wandering Spirit"

Keith: "Wondering what?... Who?"

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 13, 2013 15:35

There's going to be six new albums, tour of free concerts, compilation box set with previously unreleased songs from Mick Taylor era, previously unreleased brian jones solo album, Bill Wyman comeback with The Stones, resurrection of Jimmy Miller and blowjobs for everyone.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1939
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home