Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

VGP prices
Posted by: kees ()
Date: January 31, 2005 15:02

VGP prices in Japanese Yen have never increased in Japan since the 10 yrs. I buy them there. What traders did with the prices some years ago in Europe/US may be a different story.
In Hokkaido (north Japan) you do not pay 1/3 for a VGP titles, almost same prices everywhere: approx. $35 for 1CD - $55 for a 2CD
Empress Valley/Mid Valley is much more expensive but in general their packages are also sublime (not so much for the Stones releases as well for Led Z. en Clapton).

Re: VGP prices
Date: February 1, 2005 06:00

With the advent of CD burning and downloading artwork the prices of 'official' boots is shocking.

However, with a label like Sister Morphine that goes to a lot of trouble with the sound as well as the coverart, a serious collector who only wants the best sound and coverart will shell out the serious dosh.

I've never been able to listen to coverart; I must be missing something.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 1, 2005 14:12

The Menace of Mayfair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> However, with a label like Sister Morphine that
> goes to a lot of trouble with the sound as well as
> the coverart, a serious collector who only wants
> the best sound and coverart will shell out the
> serious dosh.

What a bollocks. So paying $60 for a silver CD is too much, while $50 for a CDR with way over processed sound is o.k.? Really, there's not ONE CD by Sister Morphine that sounds good, they all have over overdone bass and treble -they all sound like early 90's Aerosmith. And to make it even worse: not one release by SM is original, all are taken from older releases.

Mathijs

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: February 6, 2005 07:21

agreed--SM is crap---pure money grab if ever there was one...terrible

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home