Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

start me up guitar sound
Posted by: tomcat ()
Date: January 29, 2005 18:23

I was wondering if anyone can help me get the proper guitar sound for "Start Me Up"? What settings might I use on my amp that might approximate the sound. I have a Vox ac30 and a behringer v-amp. I also don't have a tele which is a limiting factor. However, the v-amp does have a variety of amp types and a fair bit of flexibility in its settings. I also have a gibson 335 that I use as my primary guitar. What might get me close to the sound. I know the chords and tuning but am constantly fiddling with the sound.

Re: start me up guitar sound
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 29, 2005 20:18

Your Gibson is a hollow body with humbuckers, right? They sound much warmer than a telecaster. So you could try to turn down the bass on your amp, and turn up the treble, middle, presence, or whatever it is called. A Vox has more treble too, so I would use that amp, I don't know the Behringer. And turn up the volume too. However, remember the sound most comes from the person who plays it, not from the gear. So even if you *had* a Telecaster, it could still be difficult to get the right sound.

- Koen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home