Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

how much money do you spend on The Stones?
Posted by: bartman ()
Date: January 29, 2005 17:02

In my case it depend's if the guys on or not. If not much less because I don't have to buy tickets and I don't need no days off.

But I was wondering how much a "regular" fan, spend on bootlegs, dvd's books, cd's with one of The Stones appears on etc...

I think I spend about €500 till 700 a year...average

Re: how much money do you spend on The Stones?
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 29, 2005 17:40

Way too much, according to the wife....not enuff, according to mesmiling smiley

[stonesvikings.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: BBstones ()
Date: January 29, 2005 20:57

If I can find a decent boot, I will buy it just to have it but would rather burn a copy or trade. I saw a double CD of San Fransisco 1975 for $50 and didnt buy it. It was an audience recording and just wasnt worth it to me. I will spend $ on tickets for one show of a tour but not $350 for up front, no way.

Posted by: rover ()
Date: January 30, 2005 01:11

2003 was a big year when they toured Australia last. It cost me about $5000.
$2400 on tickets, about $1000 on accomodation, $600 to fly my mum down to Melbourne to babysit the kids and the rest went on tour T-shirts and bootlegs. It was, however, worth every cent to be front row b-stage for Midnight Rambler.I have photos of Mick and Keith that I took blown up to 75cm and framed (that cost me about $400).Happy to spend a similar amount for the next tour.

Date: January 30, 2005 01:34

My last weed offer on Rolling Stones Boots cost me $60.00 USD. That's not including one entire evening printing out, cutting out, and seal-taping the addys onto the envelopes, and filling out the customs declarations for 10 of the 21 discs. Or the two evenings I spent burning the discs. Or the entire evening it took to wrap the discs and pack the envelopes. Or the time it took to stand in line at the post office.

Mainly my money is spent on burning and shipping and handling. But I typically receive a lot of free product back.

So, I'd say $100.00+ USD per year.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2005 02:41

Hey rover which Melbourne show did you attend?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rover ()
Date: January 30, 2005 08:34

Hey rockman

All 3 shows in Melbourne and 1 in Sydney. I had platinum seats ($350 each) for 3 out of 4 shows and cheaper seats for the other show. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending which way you look at it) my wife is a fan so that doubles the cost. I took my mum to the cheaper seat show in Melbourne and she loved it. She was about 65.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2005 09:11

Good one Rover...similair here 3 Melbourne shows 10 tickets in total all 350 buckos, tried for Sydney but didn't happen. Money money money but I'd do it all again or should I say I'll hopefully be doing it all again soon.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Tor ()
Date: January 30, 2005 09:47

I posted the "MY Wife" dilemma yesterday.
So according to her i spend it all...

Posted by: bartman ()
Date: January 30, 2005 12:19

LOL. Yeah that's what my girlfriend always says: You spend top much money on Stupid Stones sftuff.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: January 30, 2005 12:39

Joram, je kunt haar toch gewoon wat zakgeld geven?

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:38

This is an old, old, old, old thread I found in archives.

Given ticket prices, ready made "collectible" prices, and pay per view prices, seems like this would be interesting to hear some of y'all answer now, particularly those of you who fly all over the world to see all these gigs.

So, just how much $ do you spend on the Stones per year?

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:49

Less than I used to.... as prices go up, they get less of my money.

In the old days I used to buy every album and single and shorts and posters and attend 4-7 shows per tour... As of 2012, that is no longer the case.

But... lets see what next year brings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 20:53 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:50

Does this include the cost of the meds? lol peace

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 15, 2012 20:51

Naturalust
Does this include the cost of the meds? lol peace
lmao smileys with beer You are on a roll today NL!

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:23

...Too much! drinking smiley

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:38

I bought the cheap 2CD version of Grrrr. That's been about it for 2012.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:40

No shows this year ( yet ) but I spent a boatload on reissues and items on ebay .

Treacle and Steffiestones can attest to that !!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 15, 2012 21:46

Since Some Girls Live in Texas came out... $0.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: darkstar212 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:10

In 2006, I saw them twice at the Beacon Theater. First night I had a front row seat in front of Keith and for the second night they removed the seats and I stood about 5th row in front of Keith. Martin Scorsese paid me $75 a show as an extra for Shine a Light. So in 2006, The Stones *paid me* $150 to see them twice within the first few rows. This year I paid $172 to sit in the nosebleeds tonight. Oh how I have fallen.

Date: December 15, 2012 22:29

I try to be patient and wait until things drop in price. I got GRRR for 12 bucks at Target the other day. It was the 20 song version. I wanted the two new songs and the artwork. I think Gregory is pretty cool. Got the 50 book at Costco for about half price. I may get Crossfire Hurricane someday but since it really isn't the complete story I will wait for a true Anthology to be released. Don't like my food half cooked. Got the PPV for 40 bucks and consider that a great bargain. Now just waiting for any new re-issues and a new album. I probably spend no more than $200.00 per year if that.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:34

A lot. A small price to pay to know Mick's wine is being stored nicely at 45 degrees F in his underground cellar.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 22:48

I think I spend very little. For one I'm not a bootleg collector, which can be expensive. Also not a vinyl collector. I have some, but don't actively seek it out. Basically when it comes to The Stones I buy just the official releases. Every once in a while I splurge for a box set or Super Deluxe thing, but never THAT expensive. I got the L&G box after the price drop, for Some Girls I got the collectors CD case set, and I got the big Charlie Is My Darling box, etc. Never over $100 on any item though, I think Charlie at $70 was the most I've spent. On Grrr I just went with the Deluxe Edition, no Super Deluxe.

This past year is probably the most I've ever spent on the Stones, with the various physical and digital releases and what have you. Plus this past year I've been buying up the re-issues of the various albums, as up until now I didn't own them and just had the older copies.

I don't really own any Stones swag. I have a zippo, a T-Shirt from the B2B tour, and a "Brown Sugar" ringtone on my phone, other than that the rest is CDs and DVDs.

If I had to wager, I'd say in the past year (or a little over, going back to when Brussels was released) I've spent about $600-$700. But that's with a lot coming out, updating my collection, buying the PPV, etc, and it was spread out. Most years, when nothing new comes out, I spend $0.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:26

NoCode0680
I think I spend very little. For one I'm not a bootleg collector, which can be expensive. Also not a vinyl collector. I have some, but don't actively seek it out. Basically when it comes to The Stones I buy just the official releases. Every once in a while I splurge for a box set or Super Deluxe thing, but never THAT expensive. I got the L&G box after the price drop, for Some Girls I got the collectors CD case set, and I got the big Charlie Is My Darling box, etc. Never over $100 on any item though, I think Charlie at $70 was the most I've spent. On Grrr I just went with the Deluxe Edition, no Super Deluxe.

This past year is probably the most I've ever spent on the Stones, with the various physical and digital releases and what have you. Plus this past year I've been buying up the re-issues of the various albums, as up until now I didn't own them and just had the older copies.

I don't really own any Stones swag. I have a zippo, a T-Shirt from the B2B tour, and a "Brown Sugar" ringtone on my phone, other than that the rest is CDs and DVDs.

If I had to wager, I'd say in the past year (or a little over, going back to when Brussels was released) I've spent about $600-$700. But that's with a lot coming out, updating my collection, buying the PPV, etc, and it was spread out. Most years, when nothing new comes out, I spend $0.

Dude you are totally hooked. A complete mess. Therapy is the next step. winking smiley peace

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:42

not very much, but i did just spend $39.99

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 16, 2012 02:10

yeah so far this year $50. is that deductible?

Posted by: harrybo ()
Date: December 16, 2012 02:10

I spend 99 € today for Grrr Super Deluxe and the Box is so beautiful...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home