Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

She Was Hot - guitar help needed. Please!
Posted by: RKH1981 ()
Date: February 2, 2013 18:52

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction on where I can look to figure out how to play the licks in between the verses on She Was Hot. Specifically the licks this guy plays at the 19 second and the 1:22 marks on this YouTube video:

I love this song and I just can't seem to find anywhere online that shows me the way to get those parts down. I'd appreciate any help! Thank you!!!!

Re: She Was Hot - guitar help needed. Please!
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 2, 2013 19:02

The lick is the usual chuck berry one: bending of the A on the 3nd string to a G, while keeping the D on the 2nd string (or the D and the G).

C

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 5, 2013 02:08

RKH1981
I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction on where I can look to figure out how to play the licks in between the verses on She Was Hot. Specifically the licks this guy plays at the 19 second and the 1:22 marks on this YouTube video:

I love this song and I just can't seem to find anywhere online that shows me the way to get those parts down. I'd appreciate any help! Thank you!!!!

Love the way this guy plays......................................................

Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: March 5, 2013 14:28

Skip to the 2 min mark to see a simliar lick demonstrated. Have fun!

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 5, 2013 15:57

liddas
The lick is the usual chuck berry one: bending of the A on the 3nd string to a G, while keeping the D on the 2nd string (or the D and the G).

C

Bending the A to a G?
Wow, would like to see/hear this.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 5, 2013 16:40

Roadster32
liddas

C

Bending the A to a G?
Wow, would like to see/hear this.

Don't you hear the whammy bar?

C

p.s. of course the G is bent to an A and not the other way round!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 5, 2013 17:43

RKH1981

The intro is actually two double stops, and the main theme is not a boogie but fast tremelo picked root notes with a double timed delay pedal on it.

Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home