Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"The Wife"
Posted by: Tor ()
Date: January 28, 2005 18:59

The fight has officailly started for the next tour..
My wife heard on the radio about the stones planning a new tour for 2005,
the first shot I got from her was> "You told me the reason you had to go back
to Vegas to see them one more time cause it was going to be the last chance you'll get!"
It apppears she might not be home when I go to the next show, I may miss her..

I just had to put in Ian McLagan's Troublemaker cd to hear "Somebody" (tell her the news..)

Re: "The Wife"
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: January 28, 2005 19:08

LOL

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 28, 2005 19:10

If there could be such a thing, I wonder what the tally would be for marriages the Stones have destroyed - not that there's anything wrong with that!

Posted by: Auster ()
Date: January 28, 2005 19:20

... women... smiling smiley

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: January 28, 2005 20:36

Bring her this time and lose her in the crowd!

Posted by: davido ()
Date: January 28, 2005 22:19

The women in my life have always been supportive of
my Stones habit, I put my foot down on this one
and consider it a prerequisite.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: January 28, 2005 23:00

I first fell in love with my wife when on our first date she told me she saw the Hampton Roads 81 Keith-Birthday show. My problem thus is different: every tour means paying for TWO tickets!

It could be worse I guess!

karl

Posted by: mark ()
Date: January 28, 2005 23:09

KSIE.....still have to pay double if your married. If it's not the ticket they will want equal billing....All those Shoooooooes (one of my favorite MJ lines)

Posted by: terry ()
Date: January 29, 2005 00:31

you can always find another wife...woman just dont understand

Posted by: Tor ()
Date: January 29, 2005 01:50

This wife did understand, she even at one time years ago had a huge stones tongue cake made for me for my birthday. She was counting on me out growing
this crazy obsession i have. Nice try..

Thanks Cafaro for the answer i needed. lost my old lady at the Stones concert.
shit happens..

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: January 29, 2005 02:22

.... I am glad..... I am not a man....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-29 02:22 by mariannerl.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 29, 2005 02:41

Ever since I met my wife, she has known about my disease, so the airfare for New York from Sweden is covered. I would leave her without a blink, if she sttarted to question about my sStones addiction...

htttp://www.stonesvikings.com

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: January 29, 2005 06:46

mark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> KSIE.....still have to pay double if your married.
> If it's not the ticket they will want equal
> billing....All those Shoooooooes (one of my
> favorite MJ lines)

(Shoooes, one of mine too) YeaH, and I just don't have that much jam!

;-)

karl

Date: January 29, 2005 13:16

I have the opposite problem... Usually I've brought along various bastards/boyfriends/lovers to see the Stones - all over the world. It's rarely been a great success, but at least nobody has ever refused to let me go see my favourite band. However, there's a new man in my life. He has no passion, whatsoever, for the Stones, not their music, and definitely not going on tour with them. He's stinkin' rich, so I wish he'd come along, or invite me to a few shows, but *NO!
Any ideas on how to get out of this awfull situation.? Dumping him is NOT an option! I actually think he might want to stop me from going, and I'm more in the direction of "wild horses, couldn't keep me away" from a Stones-tour... So, HEEEEELP!

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: January 29, 2005 13:21

Come on Margareth.........you don't even know how to get your man's money?

Date: January 29, 2005 14:33

Oh come on, little shrimp! I'm a modern woman - I have my own money _ and I know damned well how to spend them too! Money's not an issue here, it's a lot worse. He just doesn't want me to go to the Stones-shows... And I'm willing to try most things, except dumping him. What do I do? How does one talk one's man into letting THE WIFE buzz off with the Stones?

Posted by: Marcia ()
Date: January 29, 2005 14:53

I AM the wife....he can come along to the gig if he wants!

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: January 29, 2005 14:56

Come on, it's only rock'n'roll, but I like it.

Date: January 29, 2005 15:33

Guys, you misunderstand. I am the wife. I want to go to see a lot of the shows on this tour, like I've done since 1965... But my man doesn't want to come along, and I'm afraid he doesn't want me to go... I'm in troubble, right?!
I don't want to dump him! He's the best.

Date: January 29, 2005 16:25

He doesn't sound reasonable
to me. I myself wouldn't put up with
this from anybody in a relationship.
I'd say put your foot down on this
if it's important to you.

If he's the best, loves you, and you
are being straight up with him, I should
hope he'd come around, just like you would
on other innoculous matters like this,
that are equally important to him.
Either go with you or let you go
on your own. Maybe you could
point this out?

What is he afraid
of? That you'll become a
Honky Tonk Woman????

Posted by: Marcia ()
Date: January 29, 2005 17:43

Margareth,
I am sorry for your "luck". I was kidding when I said my husband could "come with me to any gig he wants" He is really a Stones fan too, not as obsessed as I am, but a fan anyway. When I was looking for tickets for the Licks Tour, I said, as I browsed tickets online, "Do you think $1,000,000 would be too much to spend for tickets?" (I am not being truthful about the $1,000,000, of course, but it may as well have been). He said, "Go for it!" So I clicked "Buy Now".
We were both around when the Stones made their debut, so to speak, so we "get it". Maybe that is the difference, I don't know. We have seen the survival of them and others and we feel fortunate to have "survived" the "60s" as well.
Good Luck....ROCK ON!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 30, 2005 09:56

To Margareth:

This is 2005, men don't tell women what to do anymore.

What your husband is doing is a form of controlling abuse, he's not worth it.
You have your own money, right? Then you don't need him, there are more fish in the sea.

Why on earth would you hook up with someone who didn't share your huge passion, The Stones? The Stones will always be an issue between you two.

Your husband is insecure and childish, He's acting jealous. Dump him, or dump the Stones, I think he's already given you that choice, just by his actions.

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: January 31, 2005 08:33

Hello Margareth

If you have one ounce of brain matter, and I suspect you have that and much more, please be aware of one thing concerning this site:

Suicide is preferable to taking the advice of the above chap. He appears to be a lad that has been taking contaminated disco biscuits since birth, who was then it would appear hooked up to an intravenous drip, that has been systematically filling his veins with caffein mixed with recycled bath water ever since he could type.

It's the only explanation.

My advice for your dilema however (for what it's worth) is simply advise your other half that you intend to trek about going to these shows. If your relationship is strong, this should not be an issue.
Prod him to do it for you ie join you for a couple of shows and flower it all up as a bit of a romantic getaway.
Perhaps and in turn maybe you may promise to go to one of his golf tournaments or the race track or whatever....you get what I mean.

> "The Stones will always be an issue between you two"

hahaha.
And only when I though I couldn't read anything more ridiculous in my sweet short life.

btw - hi Marcia my lovely! Hope all's well out their in the midwest. :0)

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: January 31, 2005 23:04

Kyle! You witty bastard! So glad to see your posts on this illustious board again! You have been missed me old son! And Margareth, you can't have 100% in common with anybody so just enjoy going to the shows with or without your mate.

Date: February 2, 2005 12:39

Thanks everyone!
Problem solved! I just printed a few pages from this site, showed them to him and said, PLEASE, don't you see how much this means to me? Now he does. He'll come along to a few shows, and I'll go salmon-fishing with him some time during the season... Thanks and thanks to everyone!
All the best!

Date: February 2, 2005 13:46

That's great Margareth!
Sounds like a good comprimise.
Happy salmon fishing! And who
knows, maybe in time we'll have gained
another Stones fan too. :-)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 2, 2005 23:32

I don't understand why people have to drag along their spouses to things anyway just because they're married... Who gives a flying f***?! If they're not interested, save the money on their ticket and use it to buy yourself another ticket to another Stones concert in another city is what I say. Enough of the co-dependant crap.

This attitude could be why I'm not married.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: February 3, 2005 00:26

If you pick the Stones over your woman, you are either A: with the wrong woman or B: insane

Date: February 3, 2005 00:46

Well some couples do like to share their favourite
things together, but I'd agree with you GW- it
shouldn't be a co-dependency trap. Still, in this
case they seemed to have reached a happy comprimise
that could have positive benefits for their
relationship, and how it goes from here,
so I'd figure they dun good!

Date: February 6, 2005 15:05

Yess! We've solved it. Both parts are happy. I honestly don't think he'll turn into a Stones-fan after attending only one show (depends on which show!), but it's a good start. Anyway: relationship's strenghtened. BTW, Giant Whore, how did you get your name? If you're living it out, maybe that's why you're not married. Infidelity is totally unacceptable... That's my final word on the issue. All the best!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1806
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home