Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My first Stadium show was anaheim 78 GREAT!!
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: January 28, 2005 18:54

it was the 24th of July 1978. I was on holiday in cal. and saw in the Stones in Anaheim Stadium. what a great Show.The 76 concerts i saw in Europe --arenas! Boring---"Hand of fate!" was the Best.
Now 78---they started with "Let it Rock!" What a surprise. LIES---FAraway eyes---Sweet little 16. When the whip comes down. A GREAT ROCKN ROLL Show.

What was your first ROLLING STONES SHOW?

This concert Ill never forget and orlando 2 days later --- Micks 35 birthday---

Re: My first Stadium show was anaheim 78 GREAT!!
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: January 28, 2005 18:59

26th Oakland

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: January 28, 2005 19:00

Havo - my 1st was the Stones in LA the Forum in 1969 - bit's of it are in
the movie - Gimme Shelter - Jagger at his best with his stage antics....

MLC

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: January 28, 2005 19:27

I saw the Stones at the New Orleans Superdome on July 13, 1978. First an unknown Van Halen, then Doobie Brothers, and finally the Rolling Stones. If anyone knows what time they hit the stage, please let me know. It seemed very late. I have heard various reports about the bad sound of that tour, but not from where I was standing (down front dead center with the masses). During Street Fighting Man Jagger climbs the scaffolding to the top of the stage. What a stunt! It was non-stop action for 90 minutes. I've seen them 15 times since then....but that Some Girls show is hard to top.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 28, 2005 20:24

philly 78
i loved it even though it was very short cause mick was sick
god i wish one of those stadium shows from 78 would come out on dvd,
complete show i mean, that would be great

Posted by: fxc1 ()
Date: January 28, 2005 20:28

Day after Thanksgiving, 1969/ MSGarden/NYC - 250 shows since

Posted by: BBstones ()
Date: January 28, 2005 21:26

Boulder Colorado Stadium 10-4-81 about 4th row in front packed in like sardines.
Sinse then, Alpine Valley Wisconsin 89, Minneapolis Metrodome 89, Ames, Iowa Stadium 89, Joe Robbie Stadium, Miami 94, Orange Bowl Miami 97.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: January 29, 2005 02:01

I first saw them on May 5, 1965 in Clearwater, Florida. I was at the July 13, 1978 Superdome show...the Stones were two hours late, they came on at 11:30 at night!smiling smiley))

Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: January 29, 2005 02:39

My first Stones concert could have been the benefit for Nicaraguan earthquake survivors at the Inglewood Forum, in mid-January 1973. But I didn't or couldn't go. I can't recall if I didn't go because the show sold out or because the tickets were too expensive. I was 14, and my parents may have had some influence on my ability to go to the show, too.

So I had to wait until July 1975, when I saw two of the five shows at the Forum. The lotus stage was used for this show, and the inflatable prop for Star Star had a fingernail painted on it to make it look less like a phallus. The band was in fine form for both shows, but the '72 performance in Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones was far superior. I saw that film four or five times when it played a special engagement in Century City.

Paul Serchia

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: January 29, 2005 05:28

ah yes...the century city plitt theatres

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 29, 2005 05:49

My first Stones show was 1975, Bloomington Indiana, spent most of the time in a bathroom throwing up, remember nothing. Ever since then have gone on various other substances, but for the sake of karma, never drink alcohol before or during the show. In fact, though many will question mys sanity, have attended every show since VL tour stone cold ( no pun intended) SOBER. It has been a blast each and every time.

Posted by: Dayokay ()
Date: January 29, 2005 19:12

Mine was Wembley 1982. Very hot day. Tube strike meant me & my mate (Richard) had to sleep on the platform at Paddington station, 'cos we had to walk there, and missed our train by hours. Hell of a memory.

Dayo

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: January 30, 2005 02:14

KAHoosier this may seem stupid, but I take it you went to IU?

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 30, 2005 23:52

Hey Happy Jack, I went to IU at extension in Fort Wayne for a while, Finished up my BA at North Texas Sate University ( long story LOL), and then returned to Indiana for medical school at IU Med school in Indy. Unfortunately, my Bloomington time was party time only, and a few Cheech and Chong type business runs winking smiley ! OR maybe I should say fortunately, cuase had I been there full time I might not have ever gradauted LOL, hell I might not have even lived through four years of Bloomington in the late seventies~~~

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: January 31, 2005 00:01

My one and only Stones show was 12/11/81, Rupp Arena, Lexington KY. Tickets were $16. You can't even go to the movies these days without spending at least that much. Amazing, huh?

Loved it, but I wish I could remember who the opening act was. It was a black band, that's all I can recall.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: January 31, 2005 06:12

oh ok KAhoosier. Im still a youngin' but Ill bet college was better in the 70's. BTW, I go to purdue.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: January 31, 2005 06:35

kahoosier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Happy Jack, I went to IU at extension in Fort
> Wayne for a while, Finished up my BA at North
> Texas Sate University ( long story LOL), and then
> returned to Indiana for medical school at IU Med
> school in Indy. Unfortunately, my Bloomington time
> was party time only, and a few Cheech and Chong
> type business runs ! OR maybe I should say
> fortunately, cuase had I been there full time I
> might not have ever gradauted LOL, hell I might
> not have even lived through four years of
> Bloomington in the late seventies~~~

Steve, from what you've revealed, the Tinian residency maybe saved your life. You are a very interesting person, but this community is full of people that have great life stories. I'd love to meet you, but I don't get out of the state very often. A phone number, perhaps? Could you e-mail a contact number to me?

Date: January 31, 2005 09:14

I had return ticket on Continental Airlines in economy (shows how long ago it was for ME! I haven't travelled in the back o'the bus since March '01. But enough about me) Seattle - Anaheim (whatever the airport for Anaheim is) for the days of the shows. But I had no tix. I figured that w/two stadium shows it wouldn't be impossible to score a tic.

Never did go. I have a mate in NYC who saw them in Oakland in '78 and he says they kicked the shyte out of the Day on the Green!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Tor ()
Date: February 1, 2005 19:51

Hey Havo, I've got a cool poster from that show, Jagger is wearing those
orange plastic looking pants.

Posted by: Tor ()
Date: February 1, 2005 19:51

Hey Havo, I've got a cool poster from that show, Jagger is wearing those
orange plastic looking pants.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1639
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home