Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT: CHUCK BERRY Live in Paris
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 31, 2013 00:44

gwen
The site has been having downtimes (500 Server Error) all day or is it me?

Maybe try a different computer, or your/somebody's smart phone... just a idea.

I know sometimes, something about my computer on certain sites, wont go.Then I go to a friends house or the library or borrow someone's mobile phone (I happily do not use or own or pay a monthly fee for a mobile phone) or something.

Good luck.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: January 31, 2013 00:59

He will come to Buenos Aires too... don't know if "should I stay or should I go" yet!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: WolfgangG ()
Date: January 31, 2013 01:22

dandelion1967
He will come to Buenos Aires too... don't know if "should I stay or should I go" yet!!

Right on, he will be on a South American Tour in April:

13.04.13 - Curitiba, Brazil - Pedreira Paulo Leminski Festival
14.04.13 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Luna Park
16.04.13 - Santiago, Chile - Movistar Arena

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: January 31, 2013 06:09

dcba
CBII where are you? grinning smiley

I'm right here DCBA. There's been rumblings about the dates but since I'm not involved with the business side of things, it's best that be left to the promoters and my father. Typically when things are to his satisfaction then something will be posted on ChuckBerry.Com. Sometimes that satisfaction has occurred a couple of days before a show is to take place OR THE DAY OF!

As to a couple other statements.

Happy24 : He has traveled to Monaco, Italy and a few other places (some of which were private parties and never appeared on ChuckBerry.com) in Europe since 2008 for one nighters. Even pushing 87 years on, he's still willing and able to make the trip.

DearDoctor : The last time he was in Zurich was 11/10/2008 at the Hallenstadion. The reporter mis-quoted him during an interview at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in October of last year. One of the things he said in that interview is he will continue to perform as long as the fans want to see him. The reporter was quoting some poetry being recited by my father and completely took his words out of context (I was sitting right next to my father at the time).

Harm : What's up man? Yeah, last year was a real bummer and further proves why we don't post things on ChuckBerry.Com until everything is square. There are legal ramifications for posting things that turn out to be incorrect. The promoter was and is a really cool guy from what I can tell and had a few problems that prevented the show from proceeding.

Gotdablouse : I personally think you will have a better time at a Chuck Berry show (Sailor Cap included) but that's cool. The Who is a dynomite band and put on a great show too!

Lynd8 : I've played B.B Kings with my father several times now and each one of them have been an absolute blast! The last one 31.12.2011 a fight broke out right down front (Really, at one of my dad's shows?). What a great one it was (the show that is). Jon Paris sat in with us and we covered Let the Good Times Roll. After the show, Keith (Drummer), Jimmy (Bass) and had to wander around in Times Square for nearly 4 hours trying to hail a taxi after a car driver never made it back to the venue.

Max'sKansasCity : Thanks for the endorsement (Tell me where to send the check HA!)

Mr_c_ox : That was before I was going oversea's with my dad but London? I know that show was SMOKING HOT! The Hackney Empire, 100 Club and Jazz Cafe were all great fun. Of the shows at the Hackney Empire (over two nights) were blistering. We had a full head both nights. Hopefully, another London show will come along this year.

Pgarof : When on tour and given the choice of sitting in a hotel room going crazy or picking up a couple of extra dates HE's gonna play! Sounds like you were pleased with the show. We did one in the Summer of 2007 in Norway or Sweden and only 40 people were there! Even so, they got a full tilt Chuck Berry hard driving concert. The local promoter basically did no promotion and lost his shirt.

CBII

Date: January 31, 2013 06:28

nobody alive has a better claim to being the "Father of Rock & Roll".

even if the playing is terrible, out of tune, missing licks etc.., sometimes he is not even in the same key as the band.

Date: January 31, 2013 06:35

CBII

Max'sKansasCity : Thanks for the endorsement (Tell me where to send the check HA!)
grinning smiley

Au contraire, we (all of us rock and rollers) are all so indebted to your Father (for what he has done for rock and roll) that we could never say enough, or do enough, to pay him back. It is simply my pleasure if I might help convince someone go see your Dad live in concert, and then pleasure would be theirs, to see the living legend. I can only imagine how awesome it would be to see Chuck Berry in Paris.

Cheers CBIIsmileys with beer
and if you ever get a chance, please tell your Dad THANK YOU! from all this rock and roller.

Date: January 31, 2013 06:45

I love this Chuck story.... it is rock and roll.

@2:08
Q- "What songs are we gonna do?"

A- "Well, we're gonna do some Chuck Berry songs".

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 31, 2013 10:47

Yep I can still see some front row seats available in the "Carré Or"...tempting to see the fingers of the master! But then it seems like it's not a lock in at this point, possibly a tentative sale by the promoter to see if he can come up with the required amount of cash? Not sure when this went on sale but it doesn't seem to be selling fast, too expensive maybe? Not sure what to do confused smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 31, 2013 11:02

Good info "gotdablouse" I'm planning on going myself, maybe with two others. I would like a front row seat but we'll probably wait closer to show time, if there is one of course. It does seem like a gamble.

Date: January 31, 2013 11:07

Well there won't be any front seats left closer to showtime/when it's confirmed on the CB site that's for sure. I'd guess we'd get our money back if it gets canceled. Might be a hassle though, hum...hard to turn down the opportunity to see the master of R'n'R from the first row isn't it! I remember how fantastic it was to see Mick and the boys from that vantage point a few weeks ago!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-31 11:14 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 31, 2013 11:22

Right again about the front row experience. I was lucky enough to see him in Luxembourg 2007, front and center! Also, one time like that for The Stones in Munich 2005. Wish it could be like that everytime. Then again so does everyone else.

Date: January 31, 2013 11:34

Hum...well after reading these reviews [reviews.ticketmaster.com] especially the latest one quoted below I'm going to have to give it a little more thought I think...

Chuck Berry was not good
Duck Room at Blueberry Hill - St Louis, MO - Wed, Jan 16, 2013
Posted 01/29/2013 by kicks3
5th time seeing Chuck, but this last concert in December of 2012 was really bad. I understand that he is 86, but he really shouldn't be out there any more. There wasn't one song where he got all the words right and due to that his daughter did most of the singing. Many songs were only performed halfway through. Really disappointing.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: January 31, 2013 11:48

These days Chuck plays all the right notes but not neccessarily in the right order.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: January 31, 2013 16:24

WolfgangG
pgarof
I saw him 10 yeARS AGO IN A SMALL 15000 CAPACITY clubin the uk for £10, he played with a local band for 45 mins, Unbelievebley good, peopled, didn't believe he would actually be there SO after the event everyine was kicking themselves for not going. He flew in to do 2 club gigs , one in Northampton then the following night in Oxford,then flew straight back to the uk.

I don't know what he got paid for that but lets say he was paid the full amount the clubs took that would be £30,00 for 2 nights work and the clubs must have maid their money on the drinks. I still to this day cannot believe I saw Chuch Berry for £10 and niether can anyone else.

Do you remember the venue he played in Oxford?

Well the night club in Northampton was Chicargo's so i presume it was that name as it was part of the same chain.

Date: January 31, 2013 16:25

pgarof
WolfgangG
pgarof
I saw him 10 yeARS AGO IN A SMALL 15000 CAPACITY clubin the uk for £10, he played with a local band for 45 mins, Unbelievebley good, peopled, didn't believe he would actually be there SO after the event everyine was kicking themselves for not going. He flew in to do 2 club gigs , one in Northampton then the following night in Oxford,then flew straight back to the uk.

I don't know what he got paid for that but lets say he was paid the full amount the clubs took that would be £30,00 for 2 nights work and the clubs must have maid their money on the drinks. I still to this day cannot believe I saw Chuch Berry for £10 and niether can anyone else.

Do you remember the venue he played in Oxford?

Well the night club in Northampton was Chicargo's so i presume it was that name as it was part of the same chain.

sorry it was 1500 not 15000, typing error

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 31, 2013 17:01

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: January 31, 2013 17:30

CBII
dcba

Lynd8 : I've played B.B Kings with my father several times now and each one of them have been an absolute blast! The last one 31.12.2011 a fight broke out right down front (Really, at one of my dad's shows?). What a great one it was (the show that is). Jon Paris sat in with us and we covered Let the Good Times Roll. After the show, Keith (Drummer), Jimmy (Bass) and had to wander around in Times Square for nearly 4 hours trying to hail a taxi after a car driver never made it back to the venue.

CBII -

Hi, I was at that New Years show in NY, always a pleasure to see you and your dad. Was he planning on coming back out until the fight broke out?
We hung around for a while after hoping for a meet and greet, but it wasn't meant to be.

Hope to see you back in NY again soon.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: January 31, 2013 18:11

mrsoandso
CBII
dcba

CBII -

Hi, I was at that New Years show in NY, always a pleasure to see you and your dad. Was he planning on coming back out until the fight broke out?
We hung around for a while after hoping for a meet and greet, but it wasn't meant to be.

Hope to see you back in NY again soon.

Ya know, that's a good question. Most of the time, once he's off stage he's done but like with most things, he's surprised even us in the band. The guys fighting down front were so drunk I was amazed they could stand up straight. I found out later they tried to get back in and took a good head whipping!

I'm sure we'll be up there again soon.

CBII

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: January 31, 2013 21:14

DandelionPowderman
WolfgangG
deardoctor
äääh,
recently he told, that he would not sing anymore ´cause his voice is gone forever.
in 2009 i saw him in zurich, his voice was ok but boy - he couldn´t play guitar anymore.
his return is - äähm - amazing.
but good luck old boy, you´ve done great things

He never said that.

He also did not play Zurich in 2009.

That is very interesting! Was the news article all BS?

Maybe CBII here on this board can give us something on this?

oh dear,
yes, right, it was in november 08 (with jerry lee lewis) I´m VERY VERY SORRY I got the wrong month.
The thing about singing
Mr Wolfgang, I´m surprised, that you know every interview, chuck Berry did.
Did you know this one as well?
[www.rollingstone.de]

Date: January 31, 2013 22:35

deardoctor
DandelionPowderman
WolfgangG
deardoctor
äääh,
recently he told, that he would not sing anymore ´cause his voice is gone forever.
in 2009 i saw him in zurich, his voice was ok but boy - he couldn´t play guitar anymore.
his return is - äähm - amazing.
but good luck old boy, you´ve done great things

He never said that.

He also did not play Zurich in 2009.

That is very interesting! Was the news article all BS?

Maybe CBII here on this board can give us something on this?

oh dear,
yes, right, it was in november 08 (with jerry lee lewis) I´m VERY VERY SORRY I got the wrong month.
The thing about singing
Mr Wolfgang, I´m surprised, that you know every interview, chuck Berry did.
Did you know this one as well?
[www.rollingstone.de]

You did not just get the month wrong, you got the month and year wrong.

The link you are referring to is just the German translation of the article that took Chuck's poem out of context as discussed on here previously if you had read the thread.

Date: January 31, 2013 23:34

pgarof

Well, those shows actually took place 11 years ago, not 10 as you mention.

He also did not do just 2 club gigs, as you suggest, playing a total of four shows on a short tour.

Date: February 1, 2013 01:33

Harm
First row!!

+1 (booked late tonight and no email confirmation received though, did you get one? I'll call them tomorrow).

Now let's hope all goes smoothly and this is confirmed earlier rather than later, CBII has me nervous with his "CB sometimes gives his OK 2 days before, sometimes the same day"! The promoter needs to start making noise though if he wants to sell tickets because it's a very well kept secret at this point.

Date: February 1, 2013 01:51

WolfgangG
pgarof

Well the information that i had came from the club, it would make more sense if he did the 4 shows as you said, thanks for that. Did you get to see him and was it the same price £10?

He also did not do just 2 club gigs, as you suggest, playing a total of four shows on a short tour.

Date: February 1, 2013 02:03

pgarof
WolfgangG
pgarof

Well the information that i had came from the club, it would make more sense if he did the 4 shows as you said, thanks for that. Did you get to see him and was it the same price £10?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-01 02:04 by pgarof.

Date: February 1, 2013 13:00

gotdablouse
Harm
First row!!

+1 (booked late tonight and no email confirmation received though, did you get one? I'll call them tomorrow).

Now let's hope all goes smoothly and this is confirmed earlier rather than later, CBII has me nervous with his "CB sometimes gives his OK 2 days before, sometimes the same day"! The promoter needs to start making noise though if he wants to sell tickets because it's a very well kept secret at this point.

Quoting myself to get this back on topic, sorry ;-)

So I called them and I'm all set with my front row dead center ticket, cool! Harm can you ping me via email, looks like we'll be immediate or close neighbors!

Conversation with the lady on the phone (translated in English for here) :

She : what an event isn't it!
Me : Yes! Let's hope he comes!
She : Sure, he's coming!
Me : ok, they need to make some noise about the concert
She : yes so far it's been specialized sites (IORR only according to Google...) but the promotion is coming.

Date: February 1, 2013 13:13

pgarof
pgarof
WolfgangG
pgarof

He performed the following shows on that tour:

19.10.02 - London, England - Festival
20.10.02 - London, England - Cafe De Paris
22.10.02 - Northampton, England - Chicago Rock Cafe
23.10.02 - Oxford, England - Chicago Rock Cafe

I did not attend any of those, but do remember that the ticket price for the Northampton date was quite low. Oxford must have been the same. Not sure about the ticket prices for the London dates.

I saw him that year in June at London's Shepherd's Bush Empire and at Bellinzona's Piazza Blues Festival. Especially the London show was outstanding! He blew the roof off!

Date: February 14, 2013 16:29

Only a month (nearly) to go, any good news, i.e. confirmation, coming ? Those of us with front row tickets would be disappointed if it falls through :-(

Posted by: Dali ()
Date: February 14, 2013 16:51

I'm gonna travel to Buenos Aires for the concert. It's my fifth Chuck Berry gig and I think it'll be the best one, since the Argentine audience is the most excited in the world.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: February 14, 2013 17:10

Chuck Berry made a lot of great songs, but...
a few years ago I saw him live, in the beginning I thought the PA-man was messing things up. It sounded terrible now and then. After a few songs I realised Chuck was playing wrong chords etc.
If was nice to this man, once

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: February 14, 2013 18:22

I saw him in 1993 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and that was the best concert of my life by now.

Bye
Fernando

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home