Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Mick & Keith
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: January 30, 2013 18:49

T&A
proudmary
I think the fact that Mick has never publicly mocked Richards reveals that he knows about KR's insecurity and vulnerability and does not want to hurt him too much.

oh? then why, may i ask, did mick push keith out of that coconut tree?

I thought it was a known fact - you must know being an insider - that it was Ronnie, who could not stand Richards' jokes about his rehabs

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 30, 2013 18:52

proudmary
T&A
proudmary
I think the fact that Mick has never publicly mocked Richards reveals that he knows about KR's insecurity and vulnerability and does not want to hurt him too much.

I thought it was a known fact - you must know being an insider - that it was Ronnie, who could not stand Richards' jokes about his rehabs

oh. and it wasn't mick that punched out keith...that was chuck berry, right? gee...everyone's taking a whack at keith but mick. maybe you're onto something here...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 30, 2013 18:58

T&A
proudmary
T&A
proudmary

oh. and it wasn't mick that punched out keith...that was chuck berry, right? gee...everyone's taking a whack at keith but mick. maybe you're onto something here...

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that Mick did not see Muddy painting the ceiling that was the coconut tree that Keith got KICKED out of by MICK.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: January 30, 2013 19:01

The whole tree story is the strangest thing I've ever heard. I'd love a link to what really happened, jokes aside..

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 30, 2013 19:04

DoomandGloom
The whole tree story is the strangest thing I've ever heard. I'd love a link to what really happened, jokes aside..

didn't Keith tell about it in his book?

Date: January 30, 2013 19:19

duke richardson
DoomandGloom

I guess I could read it but I hate rock star books

Date: January 30, 2013 19:21

DoomandGloom
duke richardson
DoomandGloom

yep. i'll good two steps further: i hate books and i hate rocknroll.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 30, 2013 19:21

DoomandGloom
duke richardson
DoomandGloom

You're in luck. This is more of just a Keith type book

Date: January 30, 2013 19:44

Munichhilton
DoomandGloom
duke richardson
DoomandGloom

Ok cool, I read Ronnie Woods book and was bored... I will pick it up, Thank You

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 30, 2013 20:53

DoomandGloom
duke richardson
i thought the 80's was the worst time for the Stones.
Well that's not my fault, still i wouldn't trade my time with them. Until Guns and Roses exploded (I worked on Appetite too!) rock was stuck in a nasty rut of echo, choruses and over production. "Doom and Gloom" brought me back to those days, it sounds like it could have been on Dirty Work. Like many here I'd prefer if they'd go back to their earthier sound. Anyhow in the 80's the boys were still relatively young, Ronnie would jam with the studio staff, he knows thousands of songs.... Keith not so much but he'd show you his famous guitars. He used the white Tele with the rosewood neck alot, the one with the original style pickups not a humbucker.

I'm sure you have some great stories! And I agree, love D&G.

Date: January 30, 2013 21:33

DoomandGloom
Munichhilton
DoomandGloom
duke richardson
DoomandGloom

Munichhilton is in love with Keith Richards, so we have to remember that his opinion is not considered to be objective
Life is a typical celebrity biography, with salacious details on editor's request - for more money of course. The first part of Richards' book - the second part is surprisingly boring and tedious - is better than Ronnie's book because James Fox is better writer than a ghost writer of Wood's book

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 31, 2013 01:01

I think deep down Keith knows he crossed the line and even accepts that Mick will never feel the same way about him. I bet it makes him sad BUT I am not sure that Mick HATES Keith. The relationship is damaged though.
That said, the almighty dollar will RULE and that's why they carry on...that and what R said about being addicted to " the roar of the crowd". That's the GOOD news for us!

Date: January 31, 2013 01:21

mick hates keith and keith hates mick. please. let's just move on.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 31, 2013 01:34

T&A

Yeah, and we all love the Stones ... right ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 31, 2013 01:39

Rolling Hansie
T&A

Yeah, and we all love the Stones ... right ?

i think the vast majority of you do, yes...

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 31, 2013 03:30

T&A - What have you witnessed to say that they hate each other? I mean they were once very close and have known each other sincethey were 5 or 6. There has to be some love there no???

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: January 31, 2013 03:38

The good news for us (and them) is: they are able to work together.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 31, 2013 08:02

proudmary
DoomandGloom
Munichhilton
DoomandGloom
duke richardson
DoomandGloom

Munichhilton is in love with Keith Richards, so we have to remember that his opinion is not considered to be objective
Life is a typical celebrity biography, with salacious details on editor's request - for more money of course. The first part of Richards' book - the second part is surprisingly boring and tedious - is better than Ronnie's book because James Fox is better writer than a ghost writer of Wood's book

Better still, don't take anybody else's word about Life. Read it first and decide for yourself.

Date: January 31, 2013 14:12

slew
T&A - What have you witnessed to say that they hate each other? I mean they were once very close and have known each other sincethey were 5 or 6. There has to be some love there no???

what i witnessed cannot be repeated in public here. send me a self-addressed stamped envelope and i'll be happy to send you the full report with pictures.

Date: January 31, 2013 14:31

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 31, 2013 14:35

Cool pic Dandy!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 31, 2013 14:36

Peter Pan dragging out his dark passenger...

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: January 31, 2013 14:42

DoomandGloom

I'm not a health professional, but I have two friends who are doctors. And they are Stones fans too.. After attending a couple of concerts during that tour
after the tree-story happened, they both assumed, independently of each other, that Keith might have suffered a stroke. Think Dave Davies. After his stroke he couldn't sing and play guitar both at the same time. Same with Keith.
Well, falling out of a tree seems to be a cooler story than tell that you suffered a stroke. Especially when your'e a major Rockstar.

Just my 2 cents

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-31 14:43 by Phil Good.

Date: January 31, 2013 14:45

Phil Good
DoomandGloom

I'm not a health professional, but I have two friends who are doctors. And they are Stones fans too.. After attending a couple of concerts during that tour
after the tree-story happened, they both assumed, independently of each other, that Keith might have suffered a stroke. Think Dave Davies. After his stroke he couldn't sing and play guitar both at the same time. Same with Keith.
Well, falling out of a tree seems to be a cooler story than tell that you suffered a stroke. Especially when your'e a major Rockstar.

Just my 2 cents

It is confirmed that he had a stroke after the fall. However, many people are speculating if he didn't fall from a tree, but had a stroke anyway.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: January 31, 2013 14:56

DandelionPowderman
Phil Good
DoomandGloom

Just my 2 cents

It is confirmed that he had a stroke after the fall. However, many people are speculating if he didn't fall from a tree, but had a stroke anyway.

That's what I wanted to say.
Sorry that I obviously expressed myself indistinctly.

Date: January 31, 2013 15:06

Phil Good
DandelionPowderman
Phil Good
DoomandGloom

Just my 2 cents

That's what I wanted to say.
Sorry that I obviously expressed myself indistinctly.

No worries, mate smileys with beer

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 31, 2013 16:15

proudmary
DoomandGloom
Munichhilton
DoomandGloom
duke richardson
DoomandGloom

Thank you very much...I hate being objectified.

...and seriously, its not LOVE but more of a biased allegiance

Date: January 31, 2013 16:59

Who is objective here, anyway? It's a FAN board grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 31, 2013 18:49

Maybe Keith should do Clarence Carter's "Strokin'" or Billy Squier's "The Stroke" during his set. eye popping smiley

Date: January 31, 2013 19:27

Munichhilton
proudmary
DoomandGloom
Munichhilton
DoomandGloom
duke richardson
DoomandGloom

Thank you very much...I hate being objectified.

...and seriously, its not LOVE but more of a biased allegiance

First, you're kidding youself
Second, it's not about love but about opinions - your opinion is of no value

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home