Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Your thoughts on JACKSON BROWNE
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 28, 2013 20:40

T and A, are you drunk or on drugs? Your posts suggest that you might be.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 28, 2013 21:23

T&A
Munichhilton
T&A
Munichhilton
T&A
Bliss
Joni was very beautiful in her younger days.

we all were

Not me. I'm just coming into my own now

you're own what?

Google it. Its worth it

i'm a little light today, so i'll just hundred it

You two Texans are just unlimited fun!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 28, 2013 21:46

Bliss

thank you. if only others would take a moment once in awhile to reach out.

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: January 28, 2013 22:27

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Like him or not, his talent cannot be denied. Jackson Browne is a talent for sure. He's also a good partier(or he used to be, at least). I spent a whole night and early morning partying with him and some others after a show he did in Syracuse way back around '72. Ahhh those days, these days...all good days!

Date: January 28, 2013 22:33

T&A
Bliss

thank you. if only others would take a moment once in awhile to reach out.

Expect an IORR intervention sometime this evening. Wait, those are supposed to be a surprise.

NEWMAN!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 28, 2013 22:51

R
My thoughts on Jackson Browne are that he is a tedious boor who had two wives commi suicide on him and apparently was highly abusive to other women. What a class act.

Well, some guys just like to eat, drink, and beat Mary....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-29 03:31 by stonehearted.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 28, 2013 22:54

...OUCH!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 28, 2013 23:13

I love tedious boor with mint jelly

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: January 29, 2013 00:32

DARRYL WAS AN INSIPID BITCH WHO HAD IT COMIN..SHE WAS GREAT IN KILL BILL.JONI WAS , AND IS, UGLY, AND ABANDONED HER KID FOR HER CAREER.JB'S WIFE DIED OF A SLEEPING PILL OD.

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: January 29, 2013 01:02

flashhh
Gotta give credit where credit is due. Like him or not, his talent cannot be denied. Jackson Browne is a talent for sure. He's also a good partier(or he used to be, at least). I spent a whole night and early morning partying with him and some others after a show he did in Syracuse way back around '72. Ahhh those days, these days...all good days!
care to elaborate on that? did you being a local bring the supplies?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 29, 2013 01:04

I see that you think you are 100% correct, BILLPERKS, THE authority on Darryl Hannah by your CAPS! Shouting does not make it so, and for the record, it's your BS macho attitude that tries to justify bullying and abuse...but guess what? There is NO excuse for physical abuse.
Also, Joni took years to track down the daughter she gave up at birth and finally found her and had an amazing connection. She was more than a little remorseful about it, wrote " Little Green" all about this child.
How do you know all about Darryl's temperament?

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: January 29, 2013 01:09

tatters
SweetThing
tatters
I inadvertently did see him live once. At one of those No Nukes shows at MSG in '79. Graham Nash was better. James Taylor was much better.

The Doobies were better as well. Who else was there that night? Poco, Tom Petty I think. John Hall. Bonnie Raitt. Jesse Colin Young. Springsteen didn't perform the night I went. Basically though, everyone was better.

In fact he was nearly booed off the stage at one point; no exaggeration. And New York's not a tough town if you're playing to the faithful. But once you get people pissed off enough it doesn't stop. MSG probably didn't see another concert fiasco to that extent until Sinead O Connor appeared at Bob Fest straight from tearing up the Pope's picture on SNL. Except Jackson managed to do some of the damage with his music.

I didn't stick around for the Doobies. At midnight they still hadn't gone on. I had classes in the morning and had to catch the last train back to Long Island.

Oh, you should've stayed!!! They were pretty good. But yes, I remember now it was getting really late. Not sure I made it to school that next morning. Maybe not.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 29, 2013 01:10

BILLPERKS
DARRYL WAS AN INSIPID BITCH WHO HAD IT COMIN..SHE WAS GREAT IN KILL BILL.JONI WAS , AND IS, UGLY, AND ABANDONED HER KID FOR HER CAREER.JB'S WIFE DIED OF A SLEEPING PILL OD.

You seem angry. Try some lime in a coconut....

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 29, 2013 01:19

I only can name one JACKSON BROWNE song and I loved it back then was 1971? just a guess, maybe I should check him out one day.
What is/was his best record....?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 29, 2013 01:38

his best record is for enabling an iorr thread with the most references to darryl hannah...

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: January 29, 2013 05:55

BluzDude
Never been a real big fan of his music.

I did see him live once in 1982 at the 1st US Festival and he did put on a good show.

I was there too. I wasn't a big fan either, but he did play a generous set.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 29, 2013 09:11

David Geffen as Jackson Browne's manager tried to land for Browne a record deal. But label after label told Geffen, "Jackson Browne can't sing." He offered him to Ahmet Ertegun to have on Atlantic Records. Geffen told him, "I'm doing you a favor." Ertegun said, "Don't do me any favors. Start your own label with him on it."

So Geffen statrted Asylum Records, solely because the rest of the record industry thought Browne couldn't sing.

I agree with the rest of the record industry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-29 09:16 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 29, 2013 09:42

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Some of you might like to check out on YouTube Bruce Springsteen's thoughts on Jackson Browne when he was inducted into the US Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 29, 2013 09:58

mickschix
I see that you think you are 100% correct, BILLPERKS, THE authority on Darryl Hannah by your CAPS! Shouting does not make it so, and for the record, it's your BS macho attitude that tries to justify bullying and abuse...but guess what? There is NO excuse for physical abuse.
Also, Joni took years to track down the daughter she gave up at birth and finally found her and had an amazing connection. She was more than a little remorseful about it, wrote " Little Green" all about this child.
How do you know all about Darryl's temperament?

He denied it, and Daryl retracted her comments about physical abuse. Joni's song was based on what she thought had happened based on Daryl's earlier statements, not on any personal experience with Jackson Browne. Joni had a relationship with Jackson but never said that he abused her. That's my understanding.

Date: January 29, 2013 16:54

T&A
you'll have to forgive him...he's from barcelona

ay carumba!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 26, 2020 11:16

Has Covid, recovering and drops some nice new music : [www.rollingstone.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 26, 2020 12:34

TIL he’s 71 years old. Just like Prince Charles.

Date: March 26, 2020 13:29

Elmo Lewis
Loved his work from the beginning up until about the Lawyers In Love album.

Saw him play a great show once.

Personal favorites:

"Jamaica Say You Will"
"The Pretender"
"In The Shape Of A Heart"
"For A Rocker"

Unfortunately, I have named a disease for him "Jackson Browne Disease" - symptoms are:

1. A former great rocker who begins to take himself too seriously and thinks he is an "artiste".

2. Write more and more political songs.

3. Becomes a bore

Some victims:

Jackson himself
Bob Seger - WTF?
Bruce - recovers and relapses often
Mellencamp - terminal
Bono - Also terminal
Steve Earle - Also terminal

Always love your posts Elmo, but got to disagree with you on Steve Earle. Nothing wrong with some calls to conscience every once in a while. His albums are not littered with preachings, and his music certainly does not suffer. I always tell folks that IMO he is getting better. All the albums with his artwork on the cover are good.

Re Jackson Brwone, IAW with several of other posters here: I like him; have tried liking his music and all, but he's just a little too limp. What is that endless song about the roadies packing the sh*t up etc, and then another 4 minutes of falsetto crooning? Terrible stuff..
But he brought David Lindley on my horizons - so for that alone, thank you.
And Jackson - hang in there. Get well.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 26, 2020 15:50

Prayers for Jackson .... and our whole world.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 26, 2020 16:05

Sorry he has corona and hope his recovery goes well. Re his music, like some of it. Regarding him as a performer, he is one of the few people who's concert I left because it was boring as can be. This was back in the Running on Empty days. What an apt name for his show.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: March 26, 2020 19:25

Too many songs and lyrics that are senseless.
Girls seem to like him though.
Must be that "Sensitive Artist" thing.
For me he would have worked out better in the Eagles.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: March 26, 2020 19:38

Keith enjoyed, or at the very least remembered, the Running on Empty LP according to what he wrote in Life.

The Daryl Hannah accusation was bunk. His first wife had mental health issues and an unhealthy addiction to pills.

According to the two Bruces (Springsteen & Cockburn) JB is one of the nicer guys and most generous souls in the music business.

I like a lot of his music and having been to several of his performances have never noticed any discontent among the audience. In fact at the solo acoustic shows in particular it was quite a boisterous and festive atmosphere.

People generally see what they want to see. I'm no different in that respect.

Hope he fully recovers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-26 19:45 by JimmyTheSaint.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 26, 2020 20:15

The Running On Empty album is classic star to finish. I listened to it quite often when it was released, and it's part of the great time capsule of that particular era of my life.

"Featuring songs themed around life on the road, the entire album was recorded on tour, either live on stage,
or in locations associated with touring, such as backstage, on tour buses, or in hotel rooms".

Running on Empty

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 26, 2020 20:20

Outstanding- That Girl could Sing, In the shape of a heart just to name of few -remarkable. Lately he has aged and - correct ct if wrong he is only performing acoustically.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1790
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home