Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Marianne Faithful - Mojo interview
Posted by: Gunnar ()
Date: January 27, 2005 12:38

A fresh Mojo-interview with Marianne Faithful can be read here: [www.anti.com]

Besides her life and career as a recording artist, she also talks about Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Oldham the manager, and Bob Dylan.

Cheers,
Gunnar

Re: Marianne Faithful - Mojo interview
Posted by: Bruce ()
Date: January 27, 2005 22:40

Thanks for that, Gunnar.

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: January 28, 2005 00:11

Thank you so much for the link, Gunnar, how nice to read this interview, and what a fantastic woman she is, I've always had a really soft spot for her....

If you read the interview and if you've read Bob Dylan's "Chronicles" you suddenly realise how little Bob gives away about his inner self (zilch, nichts, niente, nada, nothing, bugger all) and how easily Marianne gives so much information about herself and her feelings and her life in a little 500words interview....
The REALLY funny bit is where she explains (IF YOU READ BETWEEN THE LINES) how many lightyears above Jagger's her intellect used to be (and I'm sure still is)....

So, the moral of this story is:
Behind every successful male lead singer there's a really intelligent and well-read woman who actually never had a Marsbar anywhere near her pussy!

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: January 28, 2005 00:23

Yeah, she's a Goddess. Wish she wouldn't keep me waiting 6 months to see her rescheduled gig though!

Date: January 28, 2005 11:13

I kissed her right hand in Seattle on October 4th, 1990. I was wearing a pink beret. She looked right into my eyes and smiled and I'll never forget the compassion, just natural radiance... then I went home and puked me guts out. I thought, how ironic that I should choke on me own vomit after kissing Miss Faithfull's hand.

"He kissed her hand and went home and died!" What a great line it would have made!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: WAYNEP ()
Date: January 28, 2005 18:04

Gunnar...thanx for the link.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: January 28, 2005 19:08

Hey Menace, I can beat that: she kissed me on thge mouth after her Dingwalls show in 1978 after which I fell backwards in a mock faint thinking life cannot get any better than this, it's all downhill from now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home