Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Synchronicity
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: January 26, 2005 02:14

No, this is not related to the Police album, it is about the odd intersection of events that create connections. This is directed to kahoosier--are you still living on Tinian? I keep hoping that you could send me some photos from there.

For others, I'd mentioned months ago that I had a strong interest in WWII, specifically the Pacific War and the US Marine Corps. Well, kahoosier writes me and tells me that he lives on Tinian, which is a battlefield and close to other islands in the Marianas on which legendary battles were fought by the USMC and US Army--Saipan and Guam.

Add to this my friendships with a couple of Aussies, and it just seems odd how these diverse interests can somehow intertwine and converge--this is sychronicity in action.

Re: Synchronicity
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 26, 2005 02:29

Hey man you live not far from Charleston. Now that must have been a bit of hot bed during the Civil War. Any good CW stories?

Where do The Stones play when they come your way? Do you have to cross over into Virginia?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: January 26, 2005 03:14

Well, I had a relative that fought on the Union side in the American Civil War, in a WV Cavalry Regiment, and my wife, who is from Texas, had a couple of relatives that fought for the Confederates. One of them traveled east and joined a Virginia unit, so it is remotely possible that our distant relatives faced each other in battle, but we're still researching these connections.

As for the Stones, I saw them at Rupp Arena, Lexington in '81--that's only a three-hour drive. Pittsburgh is a bit further away--they played there in '99, but I didn't get to go. I did get to hear a boot from that show, though. Highlights were "Midnight Rambler" and "Route 66".

Rupp Arena is also where I saw the Who in '80. In both cases, I had terrible seats, so I wandered around quite a bit. The Who were still recuperating from the Cincinnati stampede incident in '79, and seemed a bit subdued. Pete was in terrible shape, drunk as hell, as I remember, and Roger had to carry the show.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 26, 2005 03:43

Hey Bassplayer, head to www-cnmiguide.com for some pics of the place. Sorry about not getting you any pics of my own,somehow it keeps slipping my mind, though we do have a few cool ones! I am also sure that we have discussed this, but I was at Rupp arena for that show...or was I at an areana show in Louisville in 1981 hahhaha? I know I was also a the the Pontiac Silverdome that tour but can never remember if it was the first or second night. My go0dness time is making it a ll a blur!

Any how, just spoke to other half and we will go through the "archives" to find the photos and get some to you.

Now talk about synchronicity, at the Hard Rock in Sydney Australia, a "private" Stones Fans gathering, I met a guy from Canada following the Licks tour. Later it turns out he has also worked out here as an MD about 10 miles away on the island of Saipan. We still stay in contact! The world is getting smaller and we Stones fans are everywhere!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1456
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home