Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16
Re: Stones Tour 2013
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 10, 2013 22:18

JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern
It is sad that so many here at IORR suffer from such low self esteem. Give yourself a little credit. Mick and Keith have both said they had to be coaxed into doing something for their 50th anniversary. What IS ridiculous is the notion that nobody from the Stones camp checks in here on a regular basis to check the pulse of the hardcore fan base - it's just good business. Yes, the Stones have their "watchmen", that you can count on.

There is no feud with the Beatles, but someone has to claim the title of "greatest of all time" - better us than them. And we deserve it. Doesn't make us evil because we want to be recognized as the best that ever was.

Low self esteem, says the one that uses "we" willy nilly when blathering about the Stones as if...they are part of the Stones.

Mick had to be coaxed into doing Steel Wheels, just as he has had to been "coaxed" into doing everything since and for one thing only - MONEY.

MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

MONEY was and is THE REASON he bothered. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Is it fair to say that when Mick told us (and the world) recently that the main reason the Stones continue is because of us, (the fans) you didn't believe him? And when he told us (in 2003) that the Rolling Stones and their fans are like a family, you also didn't believe him then? Are you calling him a liar?

You are half way to being a Rolling Stones fanatic, (by BV's description) and a member of this family, yet you insult the family you belong to by repeatedly spewing out this line of horse shit that they only do it for the money. Are you that stupid that you would cut off the hand that feeds you? I mean, if the Rolling Stones didn't exist what would you do with all of the time you spend on this site? Be honest, without the Rolling Stones, you wouldn't have a life! Start showing some appreciation! Or find a life outside of the Rolling Stones!

Right on.

Was fortunate to have been close enough to see his face in person when Mick
said it was us.. the fans.. was the reason they kept doing it after 50 years..

Made the trip to Brooklyn from Seattle worth it.

Greatest. Ever.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: February 11, 2013 00:33

GasLightStreet

"To be honest" what? What does that mean? That you were lying before? You kind of people need to grow up. You're so easy.

He was telling you to "Be honest....". Not that you aren't, just thought I'd clear that up.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: February 11, 2013 03:58

paulywaul
Monkeytonkman
Who's leading the campaign to break into Glasto if it's made official. cus I want in! >grinning smiley<

\m/

Not all hope is lost, you might get lucky when they sell the cancellations/returns on 21st April. If not, THEN we'll snip the wire n' break in .............. stealthily does it !!

I'm registered n will be hovering over my computer on the re-sale date. Otherwise One travelling companion available for anyone with a spare ticket.

All else fails i'm gonna get dressed up like a gorilla and parachute in

\m/

\m/

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: February 11, 2013 05:26

Thank you sir!

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: February 11, 2013 05:43

One more point:

Isn't everyone in it for the money??

If there was money to be made and you knew that you would make it too. To do something you love and make money? Why not? This is the dream of all people. They just happen to have been given the chance to do what most people can only dream of doing. If they go out on stage, and there is still a demand, then keep going.

Who doesn't want to make a living and make lots of money in any industry? They say that the more you have, the more you need. I know of lots of people in retirement who continue to work. Why should they be any different? They are experts in their field, with a lifetime knowledge of music.

Einstein didn't stop working. Retired people are the ones who die younger if they do nothing but sit at home depressed knowing that their next stop is death or an old folks home to die an even less dignified death. A new theory in this day and age is to keep going and stay active. As soon as you stop, that's when you start to die.

As long as they keep playing, who cares? I hope they keep going so that one day my daughter can also see them. My daughter is 10 and she loves their music.

I hope that day comes. There will never be musical artists the likes of The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Elvis, Bob Dylan etc. who became rich off of their endeavors by being true to themselves. True poets and musicians.

I hope they tour forever!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 11, 2013 12:06

Right on sanQ

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 11, 2013 16:32

As this thread has continued to simply exist on speculation, let me add this.

Jack White, interviewed on the 'red carpet' last night was questioned about all the producing he's doing these days and he ran through a list of acts that he's produced/is currently producing.

He also said he's working on a very exciting project at the moment but he's not allowed to say anything about it, stay tuned. I'm paraphrasing.

Oh please oh please oh please...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-11 16:39 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 11, 2013 18:14

treaclefingers
As this thread has continued to simply exist on speculation, let me add this.

Jack White, interviewed on the 'red carpet' last night was questioned about all the producing he's doing these days and he ran through a list of acts that he's produced/is currently producing.

He also said he's working on a very exciting project at the moment but he's not allowed to say anything about it, stay tuned. I'm paraphrasing.

Oh please oh please oh please...

he and meg are back together! yay!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 11, 2013 19:35

carlorossi
GasLightStreet

"To be honest" what? What does that mean? That you were lying before? You kind of people need to grow up. You're so easy.

He was telling you to "Be honest....". Not that you aren't, just thought I'd clear that up.

Too bad the whole thing was removed. Although calling Mick a liar isn't really the case, now that I think about it, it is part of it. If that's the way some whacks want to see it.

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: February 11, 2013 23:36

chriseganstar
For what it's worth I have been told by a very reliable source that Mick Taylor will be in Belgium next week for a Stones Meeting. It was a suggested reason for Mick's "flu" & not coming down to Beaminster on Saturday.

I hope you're right. That would mean there's a meeting happening in the very near future (or has already happened), and the planning is begining. Let's hope some news comes out about this soon also.

Fingers crossed.

Date: February 12, 2013 09:15

achilles77
chriseganstar
Mick Taylor will be in Belgium next week for a Stones Meeting.

I hope you're right.

Yeah, that would be great

-------------------

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 12, 2013 13:59

Rolling Hansie
achilles77
chriseganstar

I hope you're right.

...a Stones meeting in Belgium??!

Stones meeting as in: a meeting between the members of the Rolling Stones?!
Or a meeting of people sharing a common interest in the Stones - a fan meeting, so to speak??

Date: February 12, 2013 16:31

RoughJusticeOnYa
Rolling Hansie
achilles77
chriseganstar

I hope you're right.

It's good to be anywhere

-------------------

Date: February 12, 2013 16:40

Rolling Hansie
RoughJusticeOnYa
Rolling Hansie
achilles77
chriseganstar

I hope you're right.

It's good to be anywhere

...and I'm quite sure they ARE Big In Belgium...

Date: February 12, 2013 16:42

RoughJusticeOnYa
Rolling Hansie
RoughJusticeOnYa
Rolling Hansie
achilles77
chriseganstar

I hope you're right.

It's good to be anywhere

...Still, my question stands: what kind of 'Stones meeting' are we talking about, here?
Fan meeting or bànd meeting??

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 12, 2013 16:45

Rolling Stones star Ronnie Wood has revealed he is planning to persuade the rest of the band to headline Glastonbury this year.

The rockers – Wood, 65, Sir Mick Jagger, 69, Keith Richards, 69, and drummer Charlie Watts, 71, – performed a series of live concerts last year to mark their 50th anniversary, and Wood is keen to continue the celebrations.

Wood admitted he is keen to play at the music festival, and is determined to get the other Stones on board.

Asked about Glastonbury he said: “Wouldn’t it be nice. We’ve got a meeting next month and that’s going to be my first question to them.

“It’s something I’ve always been interested in. I’m going to twist their arms.”

And he is also hopeful they will extend their tour, after playing a few dates in London, New Jersey and Paris last year.

Wood said: “I’ve got lots of high hopes this year, now that were all rehearsed - let’s get it cracking this summer!”

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 12, 2013 17:35

RoughJusticeOnYa
RoughJusticeOnYa
Rolling Hansie
RoughJusticeOnYa
Rolling Hansie
achilles77
chriseganstar

I hope you're right.

It's good to be anywhere

...Still, my question stands: what kind of 'Stones meeting' are we talking about, here?

I did preface my post about this with "for what it's worth", just passing on what I was told. I wasn't going to ask the person who told me what sort of meeting it was going to be as I would not want to get that person into trouble. I threw it out there to see whether or not anyone else on this board had heard anything that chimes with it.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: February 12, 2013 18:08

chriseganstar
I threw it out there to see whether or not anyone else on this board had heard anything that chimes with it.

Good enough for me, Chris.

-------------------

Date: February 12, 2013 18:38

chriseganstar
RoughJusticeOnYa
RoughJusticeOnYa
Rolling Hansie
RoughJusticeOnYa
Rolling Hansie
achilles77
chriseganstar

I hope you're right.

It's good to be anywhere

I did preface my post about this with "for what it's worth", just passing on what I was told. I wasn't going to ask the person who told me what sort of meeting it was going to be as I would not want to get that person into trouble. I threw it out there to see whether or not anyone else on this board had heard anything that chimes with it.

...so it's quite safe to say we're talking about some (sort of) band meeting - Rolling Stones 'executives' gathering.
Nót a 'Stones meeting' from (f.i.) the Belgian fan club (with MT as special guest), then.

Just wanted to get thàt straight. Nothing else...

Date: February 12, 2013 18:51

Ronnie was at an event in London last night and was quoted as saying there's a meeting next month.

He didn't say where it would be taking place, or who'd be attending.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: February 12, 2013 19:12

bye bye johnny
Ronnie was at an event in London last night and was quoted as saying there's a meeting next month.

Anyone think that Cohl will be at the meeting?

Date: February 12, 2013 19:30

Would suspect that Branson/Dainty has the inside track on future shows. Their business model proved lucrative for both band and promoters.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 12, 2013 21:59

uhbuhgullayew
bye bye johnny

Anyone think that Cohl will be at the meeting?

doubt it, but i understand that our very own gazza will be there, so we're covered.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 13, 2013 01:10

rumour gathering legs in Australia that one Melbourne show will be announced soon

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: February 13, 2013 03:13

Bloomers, Can u make that one??

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 13, 2013 03:30

I believe the band is happy to have it's fans and enjoy playing beyond the money, if they come out in 2013 I'm betting on a soulful setlist to prove it. The huge money is just part of the whole game of rock and roll but I think The Stones have plenty of money. There's also the band's employees and support system. I bet many were happy to get some pay or extra pay before the 2012 holiday season. I hope all of you here who couldn't make the 2012 shows get to see them this year.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: February 13, 2013 05:25

GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern
It is sad that so many here at IORR suffer from such low self esteem. Give yourself a little credit. Mick and Keith have both said they had to be coaxed into doing something for their 50th anniversary. What IS ridiculous is the notion that nobody from the Stones camp checks in here on a regular basis to check the pulse of the hardcore fan base - it's just good business. Yes, the Stones have their "watchmen", that you can count on.

There is no feud with the Beatles, but someone has to claim the title of "greatest of all time" - better us than them. And we deserve it. Doesn't make us evil because we want to be recognized as the best that ever was.

Low self esteem, says the one that uses "we" willy nilly when blathering about the Stones as if...they are part of the Stones.

Mick had to be coaxed into doing Steel Wheels, just as he has had to been "coaxed" into doing everything since and for one thing only - MONEY.

I was listening to the Exile on Main Street New DVD and I believe I heard Keith make the statement that when the band cleared $1 million the group would net $70,000 after expenses and hangers on took their cuts; They were still responsible for taxes on the entire amount.

It is fashionable to lie about and rant on the establishment, but without capitalism we would have never had the Stones past 1969. The Stone were able to survive once they were able to transform civil disobedience into a business.

Mick made a statement about ticket prices for the recent shows that I have not heard played many times. He said putting the Band together for three months of rehearsal in France, creating a stage worthy of the Stones, hiring the production, engineering staff, marketing machine, ticket distribution and venue contracting. Transportation and lodging for the band, production crew and logistics of moving sound and stage. Creating the sound and video accompaniment and everything else that goes into a stones tour. All for five test shows. Those are all fixed costs whether they do 5 shows or a mega tour.

It amazes me the ticket prices were as low as they were. Thanks God I was there, GaGa and all.

Long live capitalism!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-13 05:27 by GADAWG.

Date: February 13, 2013 17:34

GADAWG
GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern

I was listening to the Exile on Main Street New DVD and I believe I heard Keith make the statement that when the band cleared $1 million the group would net $70,000 after expenses and hangers on took their cuts; They were still responsible for taxes on the entire amount.

It is fashionable to lie about and rant on the establishment, but without capitalism we would have never had the Stones past 1969. The Stone were able to survive once they were able to transform civil disobedience into a business.

Mick made a statement about ticket prices for the recent shows that I have not heard played many times. He said putting the Band together for three months of rehearsal in France, creating a stage worthy of the Stones, hiring the production, engineering staff, marketing machine, ticket distribution and venue contracting. Transportation and lodging for the band, production crew and logistics of moving sound and stage. Creating the sound and video accompaniment and everything else that goes into a stones tour. All for five test shows. Those are all fixed costs whether they do 5 shows or a mega tour.

It amazes me the ticket prices were as low as they were. Thanks God I was there, GaGa and all.

Long live capitalism!!!

Amazing, innit, that only the Stones seem to have those issues in regard to getting together to play music? The point was about Jagger though, not the band, which has amazingly somehow been taken out of context.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 13, 2013 21:10

now wait just a minute-are you guys trying to tell me that mick jagger does his job because he wants money??? i've never heard of such a thing.

this is an outrage! and on top of that he's he's he's ..trying to be paid as much as possible for his work? thats just crazy..

i was under the impression that most people tried to find ways to make as little as possible or at least an arbitrary number that others have deemed "enough"

Date: February 13, 2013 21:25

lem motlow
now wait just a minute-are you guys trying to tell me that mick jagger does his job because he wants money??? i've never heard of such a thing.

this is an outrage! and on top of that he's he's he's ..trying to be paid as much as possible for his work? thats just crazy..

i was under the impression that most people tried to find ways to make as little as possible or at least an arbitrary number that others have deemed "enough"

ONLY for/because of the money, Jagger. If it was for the music and the serious making of, not imitation of, then there would be Stones albums on a normal regular basis of every couple of years. Like how it was when it mattered.

He certainly didn't do SuperHype or SuperBomb or whatever it's called because of the money or his solo albums - so why can't he do that with the Stones? He's gotta get paid as much as possible at all times just to be in the same state as Keith yet alone stage, room or plane.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home