Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Nice rare Exile outtake
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 17, 2013 04:00

Koen
Munichhilton
Links to all tracks are still good:
[www.iorr.org]

Unfortunately, none of the links in that thread are working.

You're better than that Koen. They worked up until midnight the 15th...
I'm not renewing rapidshare any longer...

I know, it hurts me too

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 17, 2013 04:42

Dang... smoking smiley

Re: Nice rare Exile outtake (from Nicky Hopkins tapes)
Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: January 17, 2013 14:25

boo - no worky anymore

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 17, 2013 16:13

Fear not....

still plenty of seeds here:

[www.hungercity.org]

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: January 17, 2013 20:13

CMH516
What was the relationship between Nicky and Stu like? Were they mates? Was Stu at all resentful of Nicky's ability?

As much as I will always revere Stu you can really tell the songs that Nicky played on. Just a beautiful artist.

Julian Dawson's book says that the two guys were not friends, but they have a good relationship. It goes like this:

Ian Stewart's widow, Cynthia Stewart-Dilldane, had a lot to say about her husband's and Nicky Hopkins' time with the Rolling Stones. Both men died too young but one positive memory spoke elocuently of their talents:
"I can remember Nicky coming round to the house where there was a little sunroom and in this timy space was Stu's old `Joanna`upright piano and a baby grand that the Stones had lent him. I remeber Nicky sitting at the grand and Stu at the upright, making unbelievably beautiful music. Stu never read a note of muisc in his life, whereas Nicky was a classical trained pianist, and I noticed the difference between their hands. Nicky's fingers were longo, pale, thin and hairless and Stu's were hairy with strong fingers. Stu did not finger the keyboard the way a proper pianist would, but Nicky changed chords professionally, classically. Their music was very beautiful."

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 17, 2013 22:02

gotdablouse
Do you mean the Dirty Work sessions ? Yes I'd heard about a video made by fans that had been hand delivered to Ron Wood but I had no idea of its content until our friend Mathijs (sp?) mentioned it was shot from the control room and that he ("and many others" ) had it...not sure what it will take to get it out? Same for the many other uncirculating outtakes (at least "She Was Hot" extended with no DJ voiceover and "Gangster's Moll' from the SW sessions). I guess those who are lucky enough to have that stuff don't have much of an incentive to share it...

Even if I never get to see/here them I'd still be interested in seeing a list of what's been leaked but is not circulating...

There's quite a lot of material from the Undercover and Dirty Work sessions that is available in collectors circles, but not out on bootleg. Look at Nico Zentgrafs' listings for the Undercover sessions. Only half of the tracks mentioned are out on bootleg, the other half is available as well.

The video from the DW sessions runs for about 40 minutes, and is largely uninteresting stuff of fans outside the studio mingling with Wood etc. Then they go inside the studio, and film about 15 minutes of the Stones making noise through the glass window of the mixing room. Back in the day this video was top secret, even though it was boring. Don't know if this vid was ever released. It's a bit the same with the video of the 81 tour, with Jagger excersizing etc. It has been available for quite some time, always with a 'you don't have it from me, don't make another copy' attitude. I think it is fantastic someone finally decided to dump everything on Youtube.

Mathijs

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 18, 2013 00:42

Munichhilton
Fear not....

still plenty of seeds here:

[www.hungercity.org]

Thanks, just started the torrent. But no seeders so far.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: June 13, 2019 17:39

reup?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2344
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home