Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why didn't Grrregory have the new tongue logo?
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: January 14, 2013 20:23

Thought that these were the new logos:

Re: Why didn't Grrregory have the new tongue logo?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 14, 2013 20:25

It was. In 2005. They did use a new logo at the 2012 concerts though. It was golden and with some scribblings.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 15, 2013 01:58

JumpingKentFlash
It was. In 2005. They did use a new logo at the 2012 concerts though. It was golden and with some scribblings.

Any pictures of it? GRRRRRRegory had fangs so it is different/new. Other than that it's the same ol' second logo.

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: January 15, 2013 06:17

GasLightStreet
JumpingKentFlash

Any pictures of it? GRRRRRRegory had fangs so it is different/new. Other than that it's the same ol' second logo.

I've often wondered about the two versions of the tongue logo. Any articles I've seen just refer to "the" logo, designed by John Pasche, even though there are clearly two different versions, both dating from the beginning of Rolling Stones Records. The one with two white reflections on the tongue and the black shadow under the teeth is much more common, but both are clearly "official" and used more or less interchangeably. Does anyone here know more about the history of the logo design?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1648
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home