Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

mick dropping the F-bomb
Posted by: Mickjagg65 ()
Date: January 24, 2005 07:50

i was listening to bridges to babylon today and Too Tight has the lyrics, "I know that song i wrote the F'n words..." which is a great line in my opinion. that got me thinking... any other songs where mick drops the F Bomb? also the beatles are great, so dont knock em just cause you love the stones... everyone loves to call them pop but the last time i checked the backstreet boys didnt experiment with thirty different instruments to try and make a song work... also, just to settle things, woody may be the least talented guitarist within the stones histroy, but he has been there the longest and, in my opinion, the most important 2nd guitarist the stones have ever had... brian jones supplied talent but it was of a differint kind... jones had the type of studio talent like george harrison. When you look back on it, it is brilliant, but at the time it just seems like he is doing his job. i surmise that if he had a solo career it would be incredible. unfortunatly he was only with the stones for a few years which knocks hin lower on the importance ladder if you ask me. mick taylor supplied talent but no presence, he was always my favorite, so i dont want to kill him, but if you think about it, throw any blues guitarist in with the rolling stones and you will probobly get a ridiculous guitar solo that will make us post on boards for years to come... and woody supplies both for a much longer time... I happen to play the guitar, and when i listen to live albums and bootlegs I really dont think woody is as awful as some of you make him out to be. I definitly could be wrong because i dont understand, or know because i dont have any boots, of the "old" rolling stones. Any way i love the rolling stones, I love this board, and i know its only rock and roll... i just like it. In case you havent figureded it out i am drunk and voicing my oppinion on weeks of this bull shit if you cant tell
waitin for the new tour
Cant wait to see the boys again
bobby

Then I said Hi, like a spider to a fly...

Re: mick dropping the F-bomb
Posted by: Mickjagg65 ()
Date: January 24, 2005 07:57

also, mathijis, i respect everthing you have to say, but i cant wait for the stones to come around again so i can scream "WHOO WHOO" at the top of my lungs... alot of you guys may hate the warhoreses but that got them where they are and i cant waint to hear em...

Then I said Hi, like a spider to a fly...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 24, 2005 08:05

I sung that song I wrote that @#$%& book... (is the line actually)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2005 08:13

Some Girls
Black girls just wanna get @#$%& all night
I just don't have that much jam.

Thru & Thru
What I heard really pissed me off
Cause now I got those @#$%& blues

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2005 08:16

Andrews Blues
Yes now Andrew Oldham sittin' on a hill with Jack and Jill (Jack and Jill)
@#$%& all night and sucked all night and taste that pussy till it taste just right
Oh Andrew (yes Andrew) oh Andrew (yes Andrew)
Oh suck it Andrew (go on Andrew), @#$%& it Andrew (go on Andrew)
Oh Andrew Oldham (yeah) A guy who really know his way around
(down down down down)

@#$%& Blues
Oh where can I get my cock sucked?
Where can I get my ass @#$%&?
I may have no money,
But I know where to put it every time

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hang Fire ()
Date: January 24, 2005 10:54

Sparks Will Fly:
Ooh, I want to step on the gas
I want to get there real fast
I want to [bleep] your sweet ass

'In the sweet old country...'

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: January 24, 2005 11:39

Its funny when Micks lyrics get censored here on a stones website... Hey man this is like in America. What´s the point when you can´t even quote "I wanna @#$%& your sweet ass" (Sparks Will Fly).

Date: January 24, 2005 11:39

pfuck

Date: January 24, 2005 11:40

fu ck (after my ph... also got banned I need to try out other things)

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: January 24, 2005 11:49

@#$%&

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: January 24, 2005 11:50

I guess you have to know how it works............

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: January 24, 2005 16:04

Also don't forget about the lyrics to Star Star......

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 24, 2005 16:13

I would have thought the most obvious choice would be "Star Star" !!

Also, "Rocks Off" and "Too Much Blood"

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: January 24, 2005 17:15

Suck on the jugular

"Everybody get together and f.. all night"

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: January 24, 2005 18:50

Hey Mickjag65 - You can download all kinds of Stones boots from the Taylor era,
try WINMX - download the Gimme Shelter that's listed as: the greatest version
ever - that will give you an idea of why we "Taylor era lovers" are so
passionate!!! MLC

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: January 24, 2005 19:45

MICKJAGG65........Woody is far from being the least talented stones guitarist. Every guitaist is different, you either like their style or you dont. Ronnie Wood proved to be an excellent guitarist way before the Stones, as well as a talented songwriter. He also plays piano, drums, really good bass, sax, slide, pedal steel(that shit is hard). Check out Ronnies Career before you make a blanket statement like that. And please dont compare him to Mick Taylor, thats like arguing over which is better...a watermelon or a coconut. Enough already.

Mick and Keith should have taken advantage of Ronnies abilities a long time ago instead of making him "the guy who drops in a solo". They should have incorporated his songwriting abilities and ideas into the mix and given him credit, for the good of the band, and I am not talking about the odd credit here and there. Listen to his solo catalog, the guy had A LOT of material to offere. Christ, they did not even make him a full fledged, financially speaking until he was with the band 27 YEARS !!!!

Milo, NYC
Shine a light on me

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 24, 2005 20:11

I believe the complete list would be:

Jiving Sister Fanny, Rocks Off, Star Star, Some Girls, Miss You (live), Respectable (live), Just My Imagination (live 78 only), She's So Cold (live 81 sometimes), Too Much Blood, All the Way Down, Fight, Dirty Work, Had It With You, Sparks Will Fly, Suck on the Jugular, Through and Through, and Too Tight.

If we extend the list to bootlegs: I Need You comes to mind.

This is the most fun I've had since cataloging Judeo-Christian references in Jagger's lyrics.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 24, 2005 20:47

What was that line in CS blues?

C

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: January 24, 2005 21:12

its also used in tumbling dice:
From timeisonourside.com

Cause all you women is low down gamblers
Cheating like I don't know how
Baby, I'm no crazy
There's fever in the @#$%& house now

Date: January 24, 2005 21:53

I assume the Tumbling Dice misquote was supposed to be funny, right?

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: January 25, 2005 03:12

Actually it was a misquote on timeisonourside.com . I dont know if anyone else finds it hard to understand the words to tumbling dice, but I can see how one might mistake it. I thought it to be true, judging by the rest of the language on "exile". sorry for the mistake.

Date: January 25, 2005 15:57

Sorry, I didn't mean to appear rude. I thought you were having a go at us, that's all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1319
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home