Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
STONES TOUR STARTS IN EUROPE 2005?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: January 23, 2005 22:15

a friend of mine told me, that the new tour starts in Europe 2005, because there is 2006 the world championchips in Germany (soccer). no stadiums available and almost all Europeans looking Tv. 6 weeks in summer 06. What do you think??
remember 1990!!

Re: STONES TOUR STARTS IN EUROPE 2005?
Posted by: Deidre ()
Date: January 23, 2005 22:29

I think that Germany is one small and insignificant European country and even the greatest sporting event that year will not stop the Stones playing Europe. Germany will be lucky cos they'll do more Arena shows instead. Besides, there must be more large Football stadia in Germany than are needed for the World Cup.

Recall France '98. Jagger enjoyed going to the matches. So, it's even more likely that they'll tour Europe in 2006. Yes, 1990 too. Stones European tours and World Cup Football seem inseparable. And (ofcourse) new Wembley stadium will be ready that year.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: January 23, 2005 22:30

Deidre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that Germany is one small and
> insignificant European country

Well, it's one of Europe's biggest countries and some shows of the Licks Tour didn't sell very fast. I agree that the World Cup could cause them troubles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-23 22:45 by KeithRichards.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 23, 2005 22:42

AFAIK Germany is the biggest European country and there were always more shows here than in any other European country in the past.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 23, 2005 23:01

The 2006 World Cup will take place between June 9 and July 9. I don't see it jeopardizing the European Tour.

Date: January 23, 2005 23:11

i am sure---the tour will start in europe this time

Date: January 23, 2005 23:12

Germany is big on area but small on significance, (and humour).

(Not that my cheap remark was that 'funny'. But it got you rockin').

5-1. Now that's what I call funny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-23 23:13 by Deidre.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: January 23, 2005 23:16

yeah the stones play alot of shows in germany...least the germans have taste...i wont mention the war...oh we won...i hope the stones do europe first that be brill..but i cant see it...they have to fleece the yanks first to make the tour pay.it be rehearse in canada then drop into america as per normal.america is pretty insignificant..he he

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: January 23, 2005 23:43

germany is small and insignificant!!???--- ARE YOU NUTS!!????? obviously no knowledge of anything european............incredible.....

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Date: January 24, 2005 00:10

Alright. My apologies. Germany is HUGE. Massively important, infact.

It's just the Germans who are puny and insignificant.

Yes, ofcourse I'm nuts. I'm a British aristocrat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-24 00:11 by Deidre.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: January 24, 2005 00:14

Do you want to provoce Deidre? Or are you just bored?
I don't mind, I'm not from Germany, I just wonder...

Date: January 24, 2005 00:42

Was soll Dieser Blödsinn?
Dachte---hier reden STONES-Fans

Posted by: terry ()
Date: January 24, 2005 00:50

can i just say about germany first off the germans love the stones...and @#$%& wanted peace...he wanted a peace of poland and a peace of france and a peace of ....you have to admit its funny..rockman will like this one

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: January 24, 2005 00:59

They played a few stadiums in Spain in 1982 whilst the World Cup was being played there.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: January 24, 2005 01:00

of course i'm not german --i'm american... i just know something about history.....yea i guess you can ignore the germans........hmmmm....lot of fans there...many great gigs over the years, ....plenty of venues to play in,.... a german only tour might be just the ticket!!....of course that would suck becaues i'm in california-----DOHH!!

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Date: January 24, 2005 03:26

KeithRichard,

Do you know a certain "Mr SmokeTooMuch"?

When he introduces himself to people, those people reply with a chuckle,

"Well, you better give it up then!"

And then, somewhat confused, poor Mr SmokeTooMuch says, "What?"

And they try to explain.."Smoke too much.....you better give it up then"

But poor Mr SmokeTooMuch remains completely baffled.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 24, 2005 05:05

Havo Wrote:
> i am sure---the tour will start in europe this
> time

no it wont. It will start in the USA - they've already been making enquiries with arenas to stage the concerts. Makes no economic sense to start in Europe as it will have been less than 2 years since they last played there as the Licks tour ended in Europe. Saturating the market is a bigger risk than the World Cup. A tour gets bigger worldwide impact and generates more money by starting in the US

They can time their German shows in 2006 to avoid clashing with the World Cup. Its hardly rocket science.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 24, 2005 08:23

The same story as on the Rocks off board. jb and sirmoonie like that kind of talk, too.

To leave politics and all those stupid prejudices behind. Stoneswise Germany is VERY important. The second biggest market behind the US, more than 500.000 tickets in 1998.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 24, 2005 08:39

The Tour will be in the USA first, probably go next to South America, then Europe, then Japan, and then wrap up in the USA, or wrap up in the country that has the most cancelled shows, (AS BEFORE ON THE B2B TOUR).

Posted by: stone72 ()
Date: January 24, 2005 12:01

There will be no tour this year or next year.
And deidre stay in your shit country.
Germany is much bigger than the uk.
And there live more stones fans then in your country.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 24, 2005 15:11

The biggest Stones country in Europe is Netherlands (in terms of shows per inhabitant)

Germany has lots of shows too.

If Mick and the guys want to inaugurate the new Wembley stadium, they'll have to be in Europe in 2006.

Wait and see, but anyhow, the sooner will of course be the better !

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: January 24, 2005 16:10

Demon Wrote:
> The Tour will be in the USA first, probably go
> next to South America, then Europe, then Japan,
> and then wrap up in the USA, or wrap up in the
> country that has the most cancelled shows, (AS
> BEFORE ON THE B2B TOUR).
>
> Rollin' Stoli
>
> I DON'T REGRET NOTHIN' (KR)

That would sound great to me, but would mean the tour continuing until the end of 2006. They arent going to be on the road for 15-16 months as they're intending to do shorter tours.

They have an option on a second series of US shows in early 2006 (similar to 1998 and 2003), presuming they do that, that'll be followed by South America, Japan and maybe Australia. Europe in summer' 06 to finish.

As you correctly say, theres always a possibility of a change of plans due to cancellations/postponements etc, but I'd imagine they'll have plenty gaps in their schedules to accommodate that.

Dont expect as many shows as before and there'll be longer gaps between shows as well. No more two nights back to back, although there were very few occasions on the last tour where that happened.

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: January 24, 2005 18:41

The Stones co-inciding with World Cup: European Tours 1982 (Spain); 1990 (Italy); 1998 (France) - I think only Italy turned to be a bad market for the Stones shows (But of course, Italy does not really matter; it is not a real Stonesland and they all just prefer the Beatles.. AND LOTS OF THOSE SMILING FACES HERE!!!!!).

History does not support the belief that football tournament could prevent a Stones tour to happen. (But it also true that Germany is their biggest market in Europe, like Deidre with his dry Fowlty Tower type of sarcasm indicated..)

- Doxa

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 24, 2005 19:01

The football championship in germany will be no problem, there are good venues exept from football stadiums the stones have played before in Hockenheim,Nurnberg, Hamburg, Leipzig etc.
And by the way, they managed to play in France during the BTB tour with the world championship in france.

Date: January 24, 2005 19:22

Rorty,

It's meant to be Irony. And requires the object of said Irony not to take itself quite so seriously.

So what if Germany is a great consumer of British Rock music.

What has Germany ever given the World in terms of such music?

Faust?

Definitely Nico.

What else?

Oh yeah, Kraftwerk.....

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: January 24, 2005 19:31

Peter Maffay & The Rotten Tomatoes.

Date: January 24, 2005 19:34

dont forget the Scorpions....

Date: January 24, 2005 19:34

dont forget the Scorpions....

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 24, 2005 19:57

Date: January 24, 2005 20:54

Rorty Wrote:
> The Stones co-inciding with World Cup: European
> Tours 1982 (Spain); 1990 (Italy); 1998 (France) -
> I think only Italy turned to be a bad market for
> the Stones shows (But of course, Italy does not
> really matter; it is not a real Stonesland and
> they all just prefer the Beatles.. AND LOTS OF
> THOSE SMILING FACES HERE!!!!!).
>> - Doxa

Dont forget also, USA 1994!!

ticket sales in France in 1998 were very poor, Doxa. When they rescheduled some of the shows that had been postponed for health reasons, slow-selling concerts in France were cancelled to make way for them. The 2nd Stade de France show scheduled for 26th July was also cancelled and existing tickets for that show then became valid for the 25th July concert.

Generally, the World Cup does affect ticket sales in all countries, not just the host country. Dublin in 1990 was cancelled due to atrocious ticket sales (despite the laughable 'official' face saving excuse of it being for logistical reasons) - with the Republic playing in their first ever World Cup finals that summer, no one was buying concert tickets for the Stones or anyone else, even though the scheduled date would have been after the tournament had ended. And they'd actually planned TWO stadium shows in Dublin that summer.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1781
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home