Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Bye Bye Johnny!
Posted by: wawijr ()
Date: January 23, 2005 21:53

Mr Carson that is....
RIP

Re: OT: Bye Bye Johnny!
Posted by: sir_carlos ()
Date: January 23, 2005 21:57

Yes I just saw in the paper....

R.I.P.

Date: January 24, 2005 01:10

A legend has gone. He was a true professional, a complete gentleman, never made his guests uncomfortable (Mr. Letterman, if you CAN read, are you reading this?). He was the Frank Sinatra of chat show hosts. It really makes me sad. I used to watch him all the time.

Bye, bye, Johnny B. Goode Carson! I'll miss you!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: January 24, 2005 03:39

Was Mick or any other Stone ever a guest of the tonight show with Johnny Carson ?

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 24, 2005 14:41

I'm thinking Charlie was on. Actually Johnny was a generation apart. Seems I remember him making reference to the boys but he never had them on directly. Wait until the specials and books show up.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: January 25, 2005 00:57

Was for another generation, insider jokes, humour
that was funny coz it was supposed to be funny
coz you stayed up late and so were "cool".
But to each their own. Seemed alright
guy in his own way if you liked
that sort of thing tho I suppose............

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 25, 2005 06:08

Ya, it was kind of an American fantasy. Small town boy from Nebraska and ended up in show business and really felt comfortable doing it. I guess it was a thing of stability for so long that people just got used to it. Oh, NPR just had an interview with Freddie Cordova (spelling) and the segment ended with the BEACH BOYS singing a song about Johnny. Nothing about the boys yet.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: January 25, 2005 18:00

A great story that was circulating aboout him was when Raquel Welch (ibelieve it was her) had a cat in her lap and asked Johnny if he wanted to pat pussy and he asked her to moved the cat.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: January 25, 2005 18:20

As far as I am aware none of the Stones ever appeared on the Tonight Show with Carson. Which I always thought was kind of cool, setting themselves apart from the pack kind of thing. "We are not ""talk show"" material!

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: January 26, 2005 02:30

Mick did appeal on Dick Cavett if I'm not mistaken and with Geraldo also in the 70's. But back to the topic of Johnny Carson; I loved him alot and he was certainly an American Icon! He will be remembered as the classiest man to ever grace the late night circuit! He WAS LATE NIGHT! REST IN PEACE, God Speed!

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: January 26, 2005 13:23

But there is a Stones connection to Tonight show. Jimi Hendrix performed there 10th of July 1969, and dedicated his number "Lover Man" to the memory of Brian Jones. His amp blew up, by the way. (Jeez, what a trivia...)

- Doxa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2144
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home