Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: why did they make Dity Work?
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: January 10, 2013 01:08

dcba
DoomandGloom
Charlie was not at his best, there were other drummers who played.

D&G Can you confirm Anton Fig sat on the stool?
No I never saw a basic track cut and could not recall who else drummed but other sources say Fig and Jordan which makes sense. i do remember songs with more than one drum track sometimes one was Charlie. Like I mentioned before they were very liberal with mixing stuff up and seemed to care only about the result not the pieces of the puzzle or who did what. I can say that Anton is a recording dream, he is one of the most powerful and consistent hitters along with Tony Thompson and the crazy guy from John Cougar.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-10 01:25 by DoomandGloom.

Re: why did they make Dirty Work?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 10, 2013 01:25

It seems that as far as the LP goes only one track does not have Charlie on it and that is Sleep Tonight, which is Ronnie. Fig and Jordan may have recorded on other tracks hence their being thanked.

Date: January 10, 2013 01:30

There's some hocus-pocus on Steel Wheels too but hey Jimmy Miller drummed on songs long ago. It may be convenience mostly, they're not the type of producers who always have a preconceived idea, instead they expect the musicians to raise it to a new level.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-10 01:33 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 10, 2013 01:31

Why? Because they are musicians and that is what they do, make records. Keith probably wanted to do it more than Mick because Jagger had his solo career in mind. They were under a contract and they had do produce music at one point. My bet is that Keith wanted the Rolling Stones to be active because he didn't have any solo career in project yet. Undercover was released in 1983 so it was about time that the band released something new in 1986.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 10, 2013 01:43

rollmops
Why? Because they are musicians and that is what they do, make records. Keith probably wanted to do it more than Mick because Jagger had his solo career in mind. They were under a contract and they had do produce music at one point. My bet is that Keith wanted the Rolling Stones to be active because he didn't have any solo career in project yet. Undercover was released in 1983 so it was about time that the band released something new in 1986.
Rock and roll,
Mops

hmmm. this seems like a serious response. we'll have none of that here.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 10, 2013 01:46

StonesTod
rollmops
Rock and roll,
Mops

In this case the problem is solved and we can ask BV to close this thread

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 10, 2013 01:56

NICOS
StonesTod
rollmops
Rock and roll,
Mops

In this case the problem is solved and we can ask BV to close this thread

sorta like when reagon pleaded with gorbachev to tear down the berlin wall. only more serious.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: January 10, 2013 01:57

What kind of stupid question is that?

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: January 10, 2013 02:45

Why did they release it is a better question. DW stinks.

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 10, 2013 02:50

Well, if they made it and not released it back then, we would praised it as a bootleg in 2013

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: January 10, 2013 02:55

Shit sandwich

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: January 10, 2013 04:47

NICOS
Well, if they made it and not released it back then, we would praised it as a bootleg in 2013

thumbs up

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 10, 2013 05:29

The absolute nadir of the Rolling Stones career!! I have read that there are some of you that like the song Fight. Why?? That is the worst song they have along with Hold Back, Winning Ugly and Back to Zero. Horrendous effort from a band as good as the Stones.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 10, 2013 07:16

talkcheap
Something negativ happened to Stones after Tattoo you.

Well, Tattoo You worked well in hiding the fact that "something negative" (=creative downslide) happened to the Stones already after Some Girls.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: January 10, 2013 07:56

Is there a Stones album discussed more frequently on this board than DIRTY WORK?

I don't think so.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 10, 2013 08:02

I think they thought smiling smiley they could get away with even that album...I played Harlem Shuffle and Sleept Tonight pretty freqvently as I remember...

Wasn't everybody busy listening to U2 1986 anyway?...

2 1 2 0

Date: January 10, 2013 08:54

slew
The absolute nadir of the Rolling Stones career!! I have read that there are some of you that like the song Fight. Why?? That is the worst song they have along with Hold Back, Winning Ugly and Back to Zero. Horrendous effort from a band as good as the Stones.

If you love guitar, you'd love Fight. Fantastic sound, fantastic playing.

If you love Mick's growling as well (as I do!), you have two thirds of a Kinder egg right there. The only thing missing is strong song writing, imo.

However, the song swings, although parts of it is sucpiciously similar to Too Tough.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: January 10, 2013 09:12

>Wasn't everybody busy listening to U2 1986 anyway?...

Er, no. THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE was 2 years old at that point, and THE JOSHUA TREE was still a year away.

I was listening to LIFES RICH PAGEANT.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 10, 2013 09:22

Glam Descendant

Er, no. THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE was 2 years old at that point, and THE JOSHUA TREE was still a year away.

..and I had my Classical era....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: January 10, 2013 10:50

not a great album for sure,
but one hit, dirty work, sleep tonight and had it with you are not so bad.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 10, 2013 13:36

to fulfill there contructual obligation to colombia records.

Date: January 10, 2013 13:47

+ that they had lots of great outtakes from thes sessions.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 10, 2013 15:21

Glam Descendant

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 10, 2013 16:12

The songs are good, only the production work is crap !!!

If it was produced differently, it would have been a great album.

and remember... the band was a mess, as a result of too much drugs and alcohol.

jeroen

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 10, 2013 16:17

Glam Descendant

Sting was running the show too, and the Amnesty International Tour.
Gabriel's 'So' and Bryan Adams....no room for Stones?

Date: January 10, 2013 16:21

corriecas
The songs are good, only the production work is crap !!!

If it was produced differently, it would have been a great album.

and remember... the band was a mess, as a result of too much drugs and alcohol.

jeroen
Maybe if it were remixed more like the demos the album would be better. It's certainly possible but how many would buy it? Perhaps we can get the multitracks posted here and the board can remix it themselves. I'm sure there'd be no bickering during that exercise. Really that's the answer remix Dirty Work hosted by IORR.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 10, 2013 16:22

DoomandGloom

D&G Can you confirm Anton Fig sat on the stool?[/quote] No I never saw a basic track cut and could not recall who else drummed but other sources say Fig and Jordan which makes sense. i do remember songs with more than one drum track sometimes one was Charlie. Like I mentioned before they were very liberal with mixing stuff up and seemed to care only about the result not the pieces of the puzzle or who did what. I can say that Anton is a recording dream, he is one of the most powerful and consistent hitters along with Tony Thompson and the crazy guy from John Cougar.[/quote]

By any chance is your first name Tim?

Date: January 10, 2013 16:24

Rocky Dijon
DoomandGloom

D&G Can you confirm Anton Fig sat on the stool?
No I never saw a basic track cut and could not recall who else drummed but other sources say Fig and Jordan which makes sense. i do remember songs with more than one drum track sometimes one was Charlie. Like I mentioned before they were very liberal with mixing stuff up and seemed to care only about the result not the pieces of the puzzle or who did what. I can say that Anton is a recording dream, he is one of the most powerful and consistent hitters along with Tony Thompson and the crazy guy from John Cougar.[/quote]

By any chance is your first name Tim?[/quote] Nope, but I knew Tim.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 10, 2013 16:46

DoomandGloom
Nope, but I knew Tim.[/quote]

I don't suppose you're Mike, either. In any event, I've enjoyed your insights. Thanks for sharing them.

Date: January 10, 2013 16:58

Rocky Dijon
DoomandGloom
Nope, but I knew Tim.

I don't suppose you're Mike, either. In any event, I've enjoyed your insights. Thanks for sharing them.[/quote] Thanks.. I just want people to know that the RS are really great people, by far the nicest of any stars I met. Mike was my boss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-10 16:59 by DoomandGloom.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home