Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

WEMBLEY 9/9/73 SECOND SHOW PARTIAL BOOT
Date: January 23, 2005 06:28

I have a partial boot of what I think is 9th Sept., 'coz during the 'Tumbling Dice' coda Mick says, 'Sunday night, it's a Sunday night.'

The boot starts w/Happy, TD, Sf*cker, Dancing w/Mr D., YCA... and ends w/Midnight Rambler.

Anybody know if there's coverart for this boot? It's good to very good audience quality.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Re: WEMBLEY 9/9/73 SECOND SHOW PARTIAL BOOT
Date: January 23, 2005 06:32

Hi, forgot to mention that this is the show where Mick asks the audience a few times if the security guards are telling them to sit down. When they yell YESSSSSSSSSS!, Mick says very clearly, "Well, I suggest you don't worry about it."

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Deidre ()
Date: January 23, 2005 13:14

I had a vinyl of 8/9/73. Have a CD of it somewhere. My first Stones show.

In Jam section of Heartbreaker Jagger says, "Alright, baby it's SATURDAY night, I said alright....ditto"

Then, immediately before Rambler....." Have those geezers told you to sit down?....(Repeated).....ahh.......well, I suggest you don't worry about it...."

IMMEDIATELY on cue Keith did the opening chords >>>>>>>> ignition......

No-one was seated at the end of the song. No-one was seated for the rest of the gig!

No encore.

Perfect.

All the tracks you mentioned were on the vinyl (partial) version. It also had Angie. Otherwise I've forgotten.....but think it included the tracks you mentioned. It was called Live in London.

Gazza has both it and the full show. He'll know.

Date: January 24, 2005 01:18

Gazza,

I have emailed you privately about the second show. Hope to hear back from you soon.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 24, 2005 03:23

you got mail

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1965
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home