Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

An interesting question for me
Posted by: sir_carlos ()
Date: January 23, 2005 01:53

Hi all you fans out their attending to shows in North America on the Licks Tour..

Just wondering, since I am a fanatic about big crowds and sellout shows, where their any stadium show in N.A. sold out?? and you who attended to the stadiums show, was there any with a real "small" crowd, comparing to the size of capacity. And all the same questions about the arenas!

Thx!!

Re: An interesting question for me
Date: January 23, 2005 11:07

And also, the biggest crowd of the tour was Stade De Paris, true?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 23, 2005 11:37

Apart from Toronto, Sarsstock Festival, I'd say yes!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 23, 2005 12:53

I'd have thought some of the field-shows in Germany would have had a bigger crowd than Stade de France (Hockenheim for example)

The IORR tour guide gives the capacity of SDF as 80,000 but I think thats more accurate for football than for concerts.

I would have actually thought that Prague would have been the biggest attended show in Europe.

A few of the US stadium shows officially sold out, but in many cases there were maybe a couple of thousand tickets left. I dont think any were badly attended, although they did add an arena show in Hartford because a planned arena show in Washington didnt come off due to slow ticket sales for the stadium show there.

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: January 23, 2005 12:59

And that arena show in Hartford was a beauty Gary!

Date: January 23, 2005 13:11

how about giants? they sold out it so manytimes before? anybody attending?

Date: January 23, 2005 13:13

I also have heard that there were low attendence on the halloween show...

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: January 23, 2005 13:16

I attended the Giants Stadium show. It was not sold out, but the crowd was large.

Date: January 23, 2005 13:24

I think it's, we talked about this on the other topic, U2s tickets prices compared with the Stones, think of the dream of $50 to like $120 for all seats, all the stadiums would be packed, since many fans don't have the money or don't want to spend it.

I know you say it will never happen, because of scalpers and shit. But I will still dream about it.

ps. If you got any "crowd" pictures, from any tours, especially Licks and/or VL. Please send them to me or give me the link!!grinning smiley

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: January 23, 2005 15:59

I thought the Giant Stadium show was just about sold out. The top rows were filled. It's alwats fun to see them there.The tail gate parties are always pretty cool which start around noon until the gates open...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 23, 2005 16:14

>how about giants? they sold out it so manytimes before? anybody attending?
>I also have heard that there were low attendence on the halloween show...

I was at both of those shows. If Giants wasnt sold out, it wasnt far off it. Huge crowd, and as said above, even the seats in the top rows at the far end of the stadium looked filled. The LA Halloween show was an arena concert, it was sold out although I dont think the scalpers did too well.

Bob M wrote>And that arena show in Hartford was a beauty Gary!

so I remember you reminding me in the car park at Giants Stadium. Was a great surprise to bump into you again, there!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 23, 2005 18:08

Do take in mind that with many of the larger stadium shows, the field seats were rearranged to hold less people. For example, the Veteran in Philadelphia can hold about 50.000 people, but for the 2002 tour only 35.000 tickets were sold while it was still a sell-out. Cohl explains this in an interview in some economical magazine, that you can sell 50.000 tickets for $50, or 25.000 tickets for $125. It's all about the money.

Mathijs

Date: January 23, 2005 18:25

That's crap.... sad it's true....

Posted by: thor ()
Date: January 23, 2005 19:03

Houston Reliant Stadium had about 60,000 people...and it was a fantastic show...my first time seeing them in a stadium which I have always avoided...they weere totally "pumped" for thw show!!

Date: January 23, 2005 20:10

Reliant Stadium, that's an indoor arena right? like the one in St. Louis 97 (later on dvd)??

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 23, 2005 21:02

sir_carlos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reliant Stadium, that's an indoor arena right?

It's an indoor football stadium. Many of those in the US.

Date: January 23, 2005 21:11

Okey.. that's what I fought.

Any with good pics of audiences from VL or Licks???

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: January 23, 2005 23:52

of the outdoor gigs i attendedin 2002, anaheim was sold out, both san francisco shows also....also phoenix 2003 indoor gig was THE TOUGHEST TICKET EVER!!! hard to believe but true...i saw no empty seats in denver, san jose, vegas, tacoma, oakland (EXCELLENT), san diego, and only a few at the 2 los angeles gigs,.....

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Date: January 24, 2005 00:34

So To Europe And Germany since it was discussed on the board. Non of the Germany shows except Cirkus Krone was sold out right? Even Olympiahalle had seatsleft from my reports.

But still they sold out a great deal of tickets, so the audiences shoudl have been at least Huge...!

???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-24 01:04 by sir_carlos.

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 24, 2005 15:34

I saw Chicago, Washington DC, Detroit and Toronto - all in stadiums. At everyone you could walk up and buy a ticket at the box office or from scalpers and fans desperate to sell (especially in Toronto, street scalping is a hanging offense in Chicago).

From appearances, DC had the thinnest crowd and Chicago the largest. Not much was made of a sellout or lack thereof in any of the cities except DC where some news stories were written about slow ticket sales.

Posted by: WAYNEP ()
Date: January 24, 2005 15:42

In Boston at Gillette Stadium, the 2nd night of the Licks Tour, they just positioned the stage on about the 40 yard line instead of in the end zone, so they made "capacity" about 35,000 people. The guys next to me in the parking lot came without tickets, walked into the box office and got tix right in front of the stage for $90, believe it or not!!!
Giants Stadium was more or less completely sold out...Veterans Stadium in Philly was the same. These 2 had the stage all the way in the end zone, as usual.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 24, 2005 18:56

The offical attendance for the stade de france show was 80.000, but honest I belive it was even more. The seats alone on a football match can take 80.000 people, on the concert the area behind the stage is of course gone - but the floor was packed.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 24, 2005 19:02

for not touring with a new record the stones did very well.. the best ticket sales for any tour that year in the usa by any band.. for the most part they sold out.
the unsold tickets were in the nose bleed sections of the big stadiums..

Posted by: davido ()
Date: January 25, 2005 03:14

I can't recall if the Toronto shows were sold out,
except ther Palais for sure, but they were all packed,
with scalpers out front seemingly doing a brisk business
in trade ups at least.

Really, I'm not sure if it's really significant if a show
is totally sold out. Even Beatles didn't fill all their
concert dates during the final 66 tour.

The Stones were the largest concert draw of the year
world wide, and I am sure held their own here,
sao that speaks oodles about how popular
they remain!

Posted by: Mickjagg65 ()
Date: January 25, 2005 03:56

i was at the giant stadium show and it definitly had more people there then where at the bruce springsteen show i was at last summer. Also i was at Toronto's Sars fest, and that crowd was insane. i got there early in the day so i was real close, i almost felt very claustrophobic by the amount of people there... great time though...

Then I said Hi, like a spider to a fly...

Posted by: davido ()
Date: January 25, 2005 04:39

Yes, we staked out a place in the pit at Sarstock. By lunch the toilets
were backed up, no more free water for awhile, and we couldn't move.
But it was worth every moment. Toronto definately rocks! Plus there
were a lot of fans celebrating with us froom stateside and indeed
across canada as well. The complete show on bootleg from the
satellite feed, with the complete Stones, Ac/DC and Rush
sets is a must have. I'm rather disappointed in the
official release.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1991
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home