Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Crossfire Hurricane US Release Date?
Posted by: prestontoney ()
Date: January 5, 2013 01:58

I have a Japanese blu-ray copy on order scheduled to come out on the 15th. Why no US release date?

Preston

Re: Crossfire Hurricane US Release Date?
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: January 5, 2013 03:30

Once again, the bizarre marketing strategies of the Rolling Stones befuddle me. Your guess, or anyone's, is as good as mine. Better, probably.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 5, 2013 03:42

It's on my DVR

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: January 5, 2013 04:25

It's on my HD, courtesy of the (free)'net... THANK YOU KINDLY!!!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 5, 2013 05:15

It was still ON DEMAND on my friend's HBO last time I checked. That may be why there's a delay, let HBO, which produced the film, let it play out on its own channel a bit. I think the same thing happened with the George Harrison bio. It doesn't seem Crossfire got as much exposure in Europe and Japan, so theoretically there should be more demand.

I'm very disappointed if all we get is the film plus no relevant bonus material. I'll wait and pay as little as possible to basically get mostly footage from documentaries I already have.

Posted by: stones1962 ()
Date: January 5, 2013 14:08

The Crossfire Hurricane DVD/BluRay is supposed to include three songs from this performance as bonus material. It's their performance in Germany from September 1965.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-05 14:09 by stones1962.

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 26, 2013 23:23

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-28 20:02 by midnrambler.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: May 27, 2013 01:06

Stops at 1981, less than half of their total career span, which is pure BS!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: May 27, 2013 01:22

midnrambler
Now released in the USA with a lot of bonus tracks not available in other countries (Arthur Haynes Show, Pollwinners Concerts) sad smiley
Why do they do this?

[www.amazon.com]

To get you to buy the same friggin thing many times over...duh! (no offense intended to you though)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-27 01:28 by shadooby.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 27, 2013 04:24

Just watched this for the first time (finally) the other night. Knew it would end at 1981. Still thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope Ronnie Wood is right when he says there will be a part II at some point. And Mick really set it up nicely with the final bit about "you can't stay young forever..." Not sure if we'll ever see anything on the 80's through the present, but I can hope.

Date: May 27, 2013 05:09

Tate
Just watched this for the first time (finally) the other night. Knew it would end at 1981. Still thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope Ronnie Wood is right when he says there will be a part II at some point. And Mick really set it up nicely with the final bit about "you can't stay young forever..." Not sure if we'll ever see anything on the 80's through the present, but I can hope.

We need a full blown anthology just like the Beatles did. In the meantime, For The Record and Crossfire are going to have to do.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 27, 2013 09:49

It would be nice If you could fold 25 X 5 into Crossfire. I just watched Crossfire on DVD for the first time. First off I was expecting better prints of the NME and Arthur Haynes appearances, but they were barely better than the boot DVD I've had for years. It's still a fascinating documentary, but it's a little shady in parts, like where they talk about Brian dieing and they all look sad but it's really footage from Gimme Shelter shot after the '69 tour.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 27, 2013 12:35

The 9 extra songs on the American Blu-ray are pretty cool. I'd never seen them before.

Date: May 27, 2013 14:30

i just got it yesterday and watched it for the first time. a little let down. thought it was going to be so much more. it was a cool watch and i liked the bonus live performances but i think it didn't really show the history of the band the way i wanted it to.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 1, 2013 02:59

Just came across this interview with Brett Morgan. The article begins with an interview with Southside Johnny, so scroll down for the Morgan talk. Most of it is familiar, but there are some nice bits in there, like this one.

MR: What were the things that you learned in your research that surprised you the most?

BM: Those are really about the band and the individuals. Going into it, I had no idea that Mick Jagger was as funny as he was. There were times where I'd be sitting, and he can't help but be the entertainer, so he'd be doing imitations of the other guys in the band and really just putting on a show. It was absolutely hilarious. Keith is probably much more sensitive than people might think. I think Wyman's encyclopedic knowledge of the band is almost freakish. I think everyone knows that Charlie is a gentleman, but Charlie is like the Dalai Lama of rock 'n' roll. I think in terms of the band itself, I never really understood what happened to Brian Jones, or why he ended up how he ended up, and those were some of the more emotional and interesting interviews, the ones that centered around his contributions to the band and ultimately his demise. That was really illuminating to me.

Link to the article: [www.huffingtonpost.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 1, 2013 10:19

...Wow!!! it'd be cool ta see Mick imitating Chuck

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 1, 2013 23:48

The most revealing moment in the film comes at about 17 minutes in when they are describing the riots that would erupt at their mid-60s European gigs--the clarification, by Keith, of the "Popeye the sailor man" myth". It was always said that Brian did this in concert at that time during Satisfaction as a show of protest because of the way Mick and Keith had taken over the direction of the band with their songwriting. But, in Keith's words, "Brian and me, we'd play Popeye the sailor man and wait for the shit to hit the fan [laughs]"....

Date: June 2, 2013 00:05

i still think t could have covered so much more. anyone know why is stops at like 1982?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 6, 2013 08:24

keefriffhard4life
i still think t could have covered so much more. anyone know why is stops at like 1982?

Director Brett Morgen explains it in the interview link below. Mick didn't want to do a traditional documentary where they sit down and talk and then show clips, he wanted it to be 2 hours and entertaining. Morgen knew they couldn't cover 50 years in 2 hours, and with a more movie-like approach he needed a story line. So he focused on the first phase of their career, the "black hat" phase where everyone hated them and traces their progression up to the next phase of their career where everyone began to love them, which changed around 1981/1982, which is why the film stops where it does because it completes the story line chosen for the doc.

Interview with Brett Morgen at: [www.iorr.org]

Date: June 6, 2013 08:28

stonehearted
keefriffhard4life

Director Brett Morgen explains it in the interview link below. Mick didn't want to do a traditional documentary where they sit down and talk and then show clips, he wanted it to be 2 hours and entertaining. Morgen knew they couldn't cover 50 years in 2 hours, and with a more movie-like approach he needed a story line. So he focused on the first phase of their career, the "black hat" phase where everyone hated them and traces their progression up to the next phase of their career where everyone began to love them, which changed around 1981/1982, which is why the film stops where it does because it completes the story line chosen for the doc.

Interview with Brett Morgen at: [www.iorr.org]

thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1881
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home