Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: For those of you who want a new Stones studio album: What if the Stones asked you and, say, five other fans...(cont'd)
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 5, 2013 23:12

lunar!!!
Kurt
lunar!!!
Kurt
I would tell them to do this:

Mick and Keith and Ronnie should write songs together, in the same room.
Bring in Charlie to rip thru them one by one, honing and narrowing down the list.

Next, bring in Jack White to produce the songs.
All tracks must be played "live" with all members present. Add Darryl, Bobby, Bernard, and Lisa to the lineup. No more, no less.

Release the album with great fanfare and begin the tour immediately in Detroit.

Talk amongst yourselves...

...Forget Jack White-get Rick Rubin....forget Bernard, Lisa, and Chuck Leavell-Darryl and Bobby Keys only-get Bob Clearmountain to mix it if he is still around....begin the tour in Long Beach California......other than those few corrections you are on to something!

Thanks lunar!!!
I never mentioned Chuck. Mick would be fine for any studio piano work.
As much as I like Rick Rubin and his work with Johnny Cash, I don't think he fits in with the Glimmers dynamic. At least the dynamic that I'm dreaming of...

Long Beach for starters???
OK, as long as they tour damnit!

...Rick Rubin wouldn't take any $#@!%^& from the boys--when he is hired to produce-he produces...i think he would get an interesting feel from the band and maybe a different sound (mix) than Don Was has been foisting upon us...Mick would be great if he played piano-hadn't thought of that...maybe Keith too?...i will compromise with you--they can start the tour halfway between Detroit and Long Beach...say maybe...mmmmm....Ft Collins Colorado..just for old times sake!!

Done Deal!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home