Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Next Boot on the archive ????
Posted by: basti ()
Date: December 29, 2012 13:48

Hallo everybody.

Can anybody say me, when the next Boot release is ?

I hope for London 25.11

basti

Re: Next Boot on the archive ????
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 29, 2012 14:17

The original deal was for six albums, which we've had.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: December 29, 2012 14:24

yes, I have no idea & info if there will be another release.
this year`s show are not what I would call an archive release....

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 29, 2012 14:39

"Six" sounds unfinished... "Ten" is a much fuller rounder number! Just sayin! winking smiley

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: December 29, 2012 15:17

I certainly hope these continue this year and every year from here on out for that matter. I do not agree that the recent concerts shouldn't be part of the archive release. They are now in the past, so any recordings of them would be part of the archive in my opinion. I've been listening to the PPV concert in my mp3 player and in my vehicle over and over for the last week.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 29, 2012 16:59

spsimmons
I certainly hope these continue this year and every year from here on out for that matter. I do not agree that the recent concerts shouldn't be part of the archive release. They are now in the past, so any recordings of them would be part of the archive in my opinion. I've been listening to the PPV concert in my mp3 player and in my vehicle over and over for the last week.

what about recordings in the future - could they be part of the archive - or at least be available as pre-archive recordings?

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 29, 2012 17:07

StonesTod
spsimmons

what about recordings in the future - could they be part of the archive - or at least be available as pre-archive recordings?

Doom and Gloom is such a thing ...

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: December 29, 2012 17:08

Something from 72 or 73, would love a decent Perth or a Tarrant County.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 29, 2012 17:12

Can Imagine a monthly flat rate, too, in order to get all recorded shows of their career ...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 29, 2012 17:40

I say release everything they have.

A downloadable concert monthly, or bi-monthly.

Purchase a concert at a time, or the whole thing for a lump sum.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: December 29, 2012 17:57

StonesTod

Once they're performed and on tape, then yes they are then "archived". Archive to me means in the past, it doesn't matter if it's 40 years or one week. I'd love to see one of these recent concerts released. I'd rather see it released as an official silver disc, but if the only way we can get it officially is part of the archive release, then so be it.

Date: December 29, 2012 18:02

spsimmons
StonesTod

Once they're performed and on tape, then yes they are then "archived". Archive to me means in the past, it doesn't matter if it's 40 years or one week. I'd love to see one of these recent concerts released. I'd rather see it released as an official silver disc, but if the only way we can get it officially is part of the archive release, then so be it.

dammit. i was hoping for pre-archive of a pre-recording of a pre-concert.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 29, 2012 18:04

RobertJohnson
Can Imagine a monthly flat rate, too, in order to get all recorded shows of their career ...

Yes, I think the Rolling Stones should now behave like any utility company (cable, electric, cellphone) and charge a monthly fee.

This can be their 'pension' and a show of our undying appreciation.

Date: December 29, 2012 18:08

treaclefingers
RobertJohnson

Yes, I think the Rolling Stones should now behave like any utility company (cable, electric, cellphone) and charge a monthly fee.

will there be stones meter-man be dropping by to be sure i haven't downloaded more than my monthly allotment?

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: December 29, 2012 18:20

six was the deal.But I need shows from the sixtees !

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 29, 2012 19:43

Brussels '73
L.A. Forum '75
Hampton '81
Leeds '82
Tokyo '90
Phoenix '05

Six. That's right. I thought there'd been only 5. I guess I was so disappointed in Phoenix and Leeds that I didn't consider them. Phoenix is only 'gettable' for 'Back of My Hand'. Leeds is for the Europeans who want their own version of Hampton. I can't believe that was it. And we got nothing from the 60s, the 'real' Leeds, or even El Macombo. Damn right I hope there's more.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 29, 2012 19:50

I wouldn't expect anymore releases any time soon. Someone on another board asked someone from Google Music if we can expect more:

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 29, 2012 20:09

Toronto 1977!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 29, 2012 20:23

StonesTod
treaclefingers
RobertJohnson

will there be stones meter-man be dropping by to be sure i haven't downloaded more than my monthly allotment?

His actual title is the Under Assistant West Coast Stones-Meter Man, but yeah, there is that type of oversight thankfully.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: December 29, 2012 20:43

This Month ??? December ???

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 29, 2012 20:52

basti
This Month ??? December ???

No.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: December 30, 2012 01:12

Knowing the Stones (Mick, actually), the Stones will find someone else, a new format, something to release future downloads on that will benefit them even further. Maybe they'll just set up their own download site and keep all the money.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 30, 2012 01:26

24FPS
Leeds is for the Europeans who want their own version of Hampton. I

Really? I don't think us Brits and our European neighbours quite that like that. I mean, what geographical attachment is someone from Milan or Lisbon likely to have with a recording from Leeds, exactly?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 30, 2012 02:01

24FPS
Brussels '73
L.A. Forum '75
Hampton '81
Leeds '82
Tokyo '90
Phoenix '05

Six. That's right. I thought there'd been only 5. I guess I was so disappointed in Phoenix and Leeds that I didn't consider them. Phoenix is only 'gettable' for 'Back of My Hand'. Leeds is for the Europeans who want their own version of Hampton. I can't believe that was it. And we got nothing from the 60s, the 'real' Leeds, or even El Macombo. Damn right I hope there's more.

I was about to ask why even bother with the Bang one and, really, you answered it: I'd get an earlier boot for one song but not one from the Bang tour for one song. It's not the same!

Date: December 30, 2012 05:46

Big Al
24FPS

Really? I don't think us Brits and our European neighbours quite that like that. I mean, what geographical attachment is someone from Milan or Lisbon likely to have with a recording from Leeds, exactly?

So, Europeans don't think of themselves as a group? They're called 'European Tours'. Okay, have it your way. Leeds is for people that go to school there.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 30, 2012 06:19

GasLightStreet
24FPS
Brussels '73
L.A. Forum '75
Hampton '81
Leeds '82
Tokyo '90
Phoenix '05

I was about to ask why even bother with the Bang one and, really, you answered it: I'd get an earlier boot for one song but not one from the Bang tour for one song. It's not the same!

I was kind of mad about Phoenix at first, but I really enjoy it. Love the covers, love Keith doing Infamy, and I enjoy pretty much every song except 19th Nervous Breakdown. I just don't care for the arrangement. It's not the show most of us would have chosen, it's not even the Toronto club show most of us would have chosen, but it's a cool little show. Japan is really the only show I don't care for out of the 6.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 30, 2012 06:24

24FPS
Big Al
24FPS

So, Europeans don't think of themselves as a group? They're called 'European Tours'. Okay, have it your way. Leeds is for people that go to school there.

To be honest, it seemed to be most of what I was reading at the time as well. It's OK for me, because I enjoyed the show. I don't think somebody from Milan or Lisbon has a geographical tie to Leeds necessarily, but from what I read Europeans wanted a show from the '82 tour because so many of the Europeans saw a show on that tour, and since it was a different sound than '81, they seemed to be happy to have a document of that particular sound because it reminded them of whatever show they saw on that tour. Much like I can listen to "No Security" or watch the St. Louis DVD, and while nothing from those shows is from the show I saw in Ft. Worth, it still reminds me of that show because it's a document of that particular tour.

Date: December 30, 2012 17:44

24FPS

No, we don't think of ourselves as a 'group' We are not one country. In fact, many Brits don't even consider themselves 'European' as we're not part of the mainland.

Date: December 30, 2012 17:48

Big Al
24FPS

No, we don't think of ourselves as a 'group' We are not one country. In fact, many Brits don't even consider themselves 'European' as we're not part of the mainland.

same as we texans don't consider ourselves those inferior americans.

Date: December 30, 2012 17:54

StonesTod

same as we texans don't consider ourselves those inferior americans.

I think it's an American 'thing' regarding Europe being 'one' No-one in Europe considers themselves a 'European' Why do you think us Brits are so anti the Euro? Because we value our currency and individuality.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home