Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: BAD NEWS AND PROB. CRAP - Jagger examined for cancer!!!!!! FROM TABLOID.
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 21, 2005 07:29

Jeez Kenty Boy your the cheapest hitman that I've ever heard of....most cruise around in limos to pickup there victims but you take the friggin' train!!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: January 21, 2005 07:52

Kentish is a cool bloke and a sensitive soul. Don't go casting aspersions. Besides, when he's ridden in my limo all he's interested in is if the Esky's full of beere or we need to make another stop at Odd Bins!!!!!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 21, 2005 07:59

oooh shit nothin' worse than a drunk hitman poppin' caps at the wrong people!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 21, 2005 08:17

O' me laddie Kentie, not to worry yer wee beanie, the STONES, they be with us for sume time now, and then sume more, dun't ye think so, now? (To be spoken een a thick northern irish accent, dun't ye know?)

Gazza, translate this one fer me, in gaelic tongue, won'ta be doin' this fo me, now wont ye? winking smileyThe Irish have a old sayin',mmmmmmmm? Don't let the high road keck ye in the arse....(I think). I'm not drunk, no, I'm not tipsie, no, and not in me cups! No!

i do know that THE STONES RULE!!! hiccoup!

Date: January 21, 2005 08:21

I think we be a bit,....bored, dun't ye know?

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: January 21, 2005 08:30

I would like to give my comments by quoting some Mr Watts:

"RUBBISH!"

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: January 21, 2005 09:20

Hmm, don't be too sure that it's false. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was true.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 21, 2005 10:05

You don't have to post what is written on toilet walls here on IORR.
Se og Hør is simply another toilet wall. It is garbage.
Try to get a minimum of respect on sources when you post.
As I have said again and again. Think before you post.
I am loosing my patience.

Bjornulf

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 21, 2005 11:15

Well, nothing I do seems to be right. We're all over it like vultures if it's anything regarding a new album or a tour. Also if it has no ground whatsoever. Don't shoot the messenger. I don't thinnk this is fair.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: January 21, 2005 11:24

Give Kent a break BV. If it's in the papers, why not share it? (tabloids or no tabloids). He didn't meant no harm. I would not be surprised if Jagger get's check up's every year, examined on just about everything. So technically the magazine could even be right.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 21, 2005 13:33

the juf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like to give my comments by quoting some
> Mr Watts:
>
>
> "RUBBISH!"

It's the same comment Mick Jagger gives about his statement "sexually satisfied, philosophically tryin'", in the press conference filmed in "Gimme Shelter", right?

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: January 21, 2005 13:35

Right!

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: January 21, 2005 14:14

Bjornulf,
I'm not quite sure to understand some of your reactions.
A few weeks ago, I put some posts here in which I reported some of the finest insults I received from rude people. Then, you wrote to me to ask me to stop insulting people !! very strange reaction isn't it ??
Now you're blaming Kent to post an article he saw in a garbage newspaper !
very strange again !
once again, I don't understand.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: January 21, 2005 14:27

I don't blame Kent - he's a nice fellow - if it wasn't him who posts this, then it would be another person.

Thanks for keeping us informed....even though it's from a dubious source....

But it's better than a post saying "BEST STONES SHOW FROM THE 40 LICKS TOUR..." !!!!!

I mean...how many times...

Esky

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 21, 2005 14:34

I agree its unfair to have a go at Kent for posting this. The guy was genuinely concerned and re-posted an article in good faith. To get some perspective here, I would imagine that outside of Scandinavia that no-one is familiar with this newspaper and so we wouldnt be qualified to take it as gospel or just stupid tabloid bullshit. Kent did in fact mention in his initial post about the newspaper's reputation and I think it's good that someone from that country or region mentioned that disclaimer because had the story been picked up from those of us outside Denmark and re-posted (and with some aspects of the story mistranslated), many people may have taken it more seriously without knowing anything about the type of newspaper it came from.

I read on here and elsewhere remarks effectively dismissing all tabloid stories everywhere as invention. However, they do get it right on many occasions too so it's hardly the fault of one individual poster for quoting a story from a tabloid on a message board. It was the often ridiculed News Of The World after all who broke the story about Charlie having cancer, although they didnt exaggerate the report by claiming it was life-threatening of anything like that.

Blame the rag who ran the story, not some concerned fan for sharing it - and therefore giving many people the chance to discuss it logically and come to the conclusion that it's nonsense, rather than alarm everyone by taking it seriously had it been reprinted elsewhere

Posted by: sniiik ()
Date: January 21, 2005 15:09

it says that he was there in the summer of 2003, then why would he start to record another stones album and talk of a tour if he had cancer?
And in another swedish newspaper expressen it says that the people on virgin said that "he is fine now"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-21 15:28 by sniiik.

Date: January 21, 2005 16:15

Kent who started this message from the info from Danish Se & Hör, and he did it in a good meaning, I am sure. Kent really wanna be friends with you, and I have from time to time contact with him. I told him after the Chuck thread, to keep silent for a time, for his own "security on the boards".

I think Kent is a very lonely person, and seek his friends here, he is surely a huge fan of the band, his life is devoted to the band.

Show him just a little respect.

I told him he is welcome to use stonesplanet.com board as much as he wanted, but also there we can delete messages if we do not like them, as I told him.

Give Kent a hug next time and another chance.

Charlotte
Rolling Stones fan club office/Stonesplanet

Posted by: eric ()
Date: January 21, 2005 16:22

YO- Don't be dissin my Danish boy Kent... this Philly boy will come over there and Kick some ass... The only thing he was doing is relating news to us.. He never said it to be TRUE nor that he belived it to be TRUE. This is sensitive due to the fact what Charlie went through and the fact that they are getting up there in age and IF these kinda illnesses are going to occur then they are at that stage of thier life when it does. SO GET OFF KENTS BACK, he is one of the most loyal younger STONES fan in the world and I am glad he reports what he does PLUS its nice and refreshing to have a younger point of view of the band and true LOVE of the band that some of us OLDER fans lost or used to have. We can at times remember our younger love of the band threw his eyes and remember what it was like....... Thanks Kent, I got your back bro!!!

Date: January 21, 2005 16:33

Stop bashing Kent ! We should be glad to have people like him on this board (and on others as well). A true, enthusiastic fan - not everybody on this board seems to be such a fan of our boys.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 21, 2005 17:45

Now a swedish newspaper picked up the story, so it won´t be long before this goes international...

[www.expressen.se]

Anyway, the story ends with "a spokesman for Virgin, London says that Jagger "is no longer sick".

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: January 21, 2005 19:11

I'm very relieved about the postings here, I'm talking/chatting quite a lot with Kent and he became a good friend and sure is a great fan.
I think it's really not necessary to tell him not to post that frequently or something - this is a message board and Kent is vital for it, in my opinion, as he brings an air of freshness to lots of threads here.
And I can't understand why anyone is complaining about him anyway, I think there are certain threads that are much more an insult to our band than the article Kent posted!!

One more thing: I really think it's completely over the top and cowardly to send messages complaining about Kent to the webmaster of this board. If you've got something to say, tell Kent and not BV.
That's just not a way adult people act, and before you criticise Kent, look at the way you act!! Moreover, many of this criticism seems to come from people that posted about 9 or 10 threads on IORR, so I ask you: what did you contribute to this message board to complain about anyone!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-21 19:12 by KeithRichards.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 21, 2005 19:53

Just read the article on this in Swedish Expressen.
The mention of the fact (?) of symtoms of cancer is undoubtably mentioned; yet no sources whatsoever with the exception of above mentioned Se og hör (Danish tabloid mag).
Expressen is not the most credibility-known newspaper, they sway around the subject 'like the cat around hot porridge'.

I can definitely not make statements on the real conditions here, dont know about the truth: But still the sources are vague, and publishing has still yet - two days after the first article, and twelve hours after Expressen´s article - as far as I know reached any serious paper at all.

Of course, Expressen is a (in some senses) evening paper, yet with sensatiomal features and with the pressure of, since not so few yeras ago, struggling against the other big national evening paper (Aftonbladet). Expressen is "number two" there, and 'have' to come up with hot stuff.
To be real cynical, the stories from the flooded Thailand with ab. a thousand of dead Swedes - kids, mothers, old people - these stories are now almost dried out; and the paper has to invent some more... Serious now; this paper had a very offensive journalistic style during the floods. Anyway.

If this isnt true (and I still doubt on this, deeply), its gonna cost this paper loads of money, poor bastards...

I am a professional scientific researcher in History; and use to read papers from various decades along the 1800´s and the 1900´s. This is not the most valid article I´ve read in my days...

Still, nevertheless, as a Stones fan I feel worried like most of you within this thread. IF it´s just a rumour and a result of crap-arsehole-pea brain-vultures in cheap pres; it makes us feel bad.

We´ll see about this. THe first article (in Se og hör) I, anyhow, judge (yet unread by me) - from what I know as utter shite.

Most of what seem to have been written is dating back to 2003.
- ...And havent the doctors a code of silence towards patients?

Still, the seeds of doubts a n d the seeds of worry are planted.
We´ll probably have to wait for a official Stones statement.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: January 21, 2005 19:53

Well, I would like to defend BV a bit on his comments (after all, this is his board...not some free area to express ideas, but a site owned by someone). BV is a HUGE Stones fan...and simply, I think he does not like to see posts of bad news here. I tend to think he gave Kent a go b/c BV does not want to see unhappy news here. This is his board, so I guess that is ok. If/when the band calls it quits, that post should be avoided...those are just the rules here. It's his board & his band...BV sets the rules on what news can be posted here & what can not...just the way it is. I think we all like this board, so we should just accept his rules.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 21, 2005 20:12

Please let me point out VERY STRONGLY that I don't have a beef with BV at all. Of course I don't. But I think this was unfair, just like I was unfair with the Chuck post.

But I think we should just go on with the board instead of digging deeper and deeper down in this.

Thank you all for your support. I appreciate it. I even appreciate the pointers from BV and, of course, my darling Charlotte from Stonesplanet, who keeps holding me up.

BTW: ON-TOPIC - I got a reply from the dude who wrote the article. He said that it was 100% certain and he had the reason why it was 100%. So I wrote him back what the grounds were. Let's see what he says.

Oh and: I'm not lonely. I have Eric. He looks so cool sitting in that car. Pure gay. HAHAHAHAHA. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-21 20:37 by JumpingKentFlash.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 21, 2005 21:32

Hey,

Still not knowing the truth behind the spectacular writings on Mick I wish to remind anyone who are interested enough to read this:

Some 38 years ago, at the end of 1966 there was a quite stubborn rumour that Mick was dead...
"Mr Jagger wishes to deny that he is dead and says that the rumours have been grossly exaggerated. It all apparantly started when a Los Angeles radio station announced that Mick has died in London" (LES PERRIN in Melody Maker, 24 December, 1966 (p 250 in "Rolling With The Stones" - Bill Wyman w. Richard Havers, 2002).

Anyway, no more sure on anything than in the beginning of this post; I wish to conclude with saying that not much real news of value has been first published in neither Se og Hör (Denmark) or Expressen (Sweden).
And this issue certainly isnt the latters main cover areas, cant speak for the Danish 'old-ladies-mag' in question, but it aint a music paper.
We must pray and hope that this is the crap it seems to be... "May the good Lord/Shine a light on you... "

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 21, 2005 22:00

sniiik Wrote:
> it says that he was there in the summer of 2003,
> then why would he start to record another stones
> album and talk of a tour if he had cancer?
> And in another swedish newspaper expressen it says
> that the people on virgin said that "he is fine
> now"
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 01/21/05 15:28 by
> sniiik.

did it say it was summer 2003? I dont recall the date of the alleged 'treatment' being mentioned

if thats the case, then it ties in with him having throat problems near the end of the last tour - and obviously any such problems would now be in the past.

Date: January 21, 2005 23:12

yeah it says that he visited the hospital in the summer of 2003 and that they cancelled two shows after that.That could just have been the first time i dont know. But if he knew he had cancer as early as 2003 they would surely have treated him by now.

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: January 21, 2005 23:58

DandelionPowderman Wrote:
> Maybe it's just a medical before the tour?
Yes, you are correct sir. At least in my humble opinion...
This could be a routine check up for the insurance companies who put up policies to protect big tours from going bad just in case of something like this happening during the tour. Every big tour has insurance banked on it and each member has to be physically fit to be involved in the venture. This is not just rock 'n roll ...it's a business!

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: January 22, 2005 01:01

C'mon guys...really...no more posts like this. BV has made it clear that there are not to be posts like this. Please do not write that he was in the hospital or that "if he had cancer" type things. I really don't want IORR to be shut down. PLEASE...only post positive things before the board is taken away from us.

Date: January 22, 2005 02:02

ok sorry i missed BV:s post

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home