Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Does anyone else think the Stones should discretely call it a day?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 27, 2012 22:29

Starr
Don't bother with pathetic replies this site is for the millions of real fans whatever their age.

in lieu of a pathetic reply, would you accept a genuinely pitiful one?

Date: December 27, 2012 22:47

stonesnow
BlackHat
I didn't sign up to say the Stones should quit. And I'm not exactly new. Been here on and off for years under a number of different guises.

I just posed a question. Should they quit whilst they are totally on top or should they carry on and go out with a lesser bang?

Is there scope for differing opinions? Or do you just want to banter with people whose viewpoint is identical to yours?

I've counted 6, so far....

Will your next great revelation be posted on October 31, 2013?

I think it's you, stonesnow. Or someone like you or someone from your little group that is so fascinated with certain voices from the past.

Date: December 27, 2012 22:53

Starr
Well I thought it was a site for Stones fans not immature jealous little p____ks like we seem to have infiltrating this site - it is THEY who don't like it when we disagree... ha - Block 111 were true fans not a setup believe me - no-one came out of the 02 disappointed from what I could see so grow up and join some other losers site for goodness sake. It isn't just the "oldies" who love the Stones (and if the site says I'm 61 then shock, horror it must be wrong - you guys betta run home and tell your Ma) haaaaa...

Don't bother with pathetic replies this site is for the millions of real fans whatever their age.

You are correct about the jealousy thing. Lots of unemployed musicians around here. This site probably has more former fans than current fans for some strange reason.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 27, 2012 23:00

JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
BlackHat
I didn't sign up to say the Stones should quit. And I'm not exactly new. Been here on and off for years under a number of different guises.

I just posed a question. Should they quit whilst they are totally on top or should they carry on and go out with a lesser bang?

Is there scope for differing opinions? Or do you just want to banter with people whose viewpoint is identical to yours?

I think it's you, stonesnow. Or someone like you or someone from your little group that is so fascinated with certain voices from the past.

Certain voices from the past like 1) the watchman, 2) stonescrow, 3) MightyStonesStillRollin50, 4) DoomNGloom, and now 5) JumpinJackOLantern and 6) BlackHat. Number 4 already admitted to having been 1 through 3, and the posting style of numbers 5 and 6 [i.e., answer every post, multiple threads simultaneously on the same topic phrased in questions designed to provoke hundreds of views and dozens of posts] is a carbon copy of numbers 1 through 4.

Now, if IORR were a game show, which game show might it most resemble?....

Date: December 27, 2012 23:05

stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
BlackHat

Certain voices from the past like 1) the watchman, 2) stonescrow, 3) MightyStonesStillRollin50, 4) DoomNGloom, and now 5) JumpinJackOLantern and 6) BlackHat. Number 4 already admitted to having been 1 through 3, and the posting style of numbers 5 and 6 [i.e., answer every post, multiple threads simultaneously on the same topic phrased in questions designed to provoke hundreds of views and dozens of posts] is a carbon copy of numbers 1 through 4.

Hey listen @#$%& I am not Black Hat!

Date: December 27, 2012 23:15

JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
BlackHat

What? I can't hear you! One of your words dropped out! Can you repeat that, only with clarity please?!

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: December 27, 2012 23:16

JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
BlackHat

I am and never have been any of those listed 1 to 5. I love the Stones and think they have been amazing in their recent shows - at the will never regret the £300+ I paid for my ticket to the second 02 show.

I just happen to think that, in terms of how history views then, now would be a good time to stop (at the top). I am sorry if this view offends anyone.

But anyway have fun in guessing who I have been before because it aint none of those listed 1 to 5!!!!

Date: December 27, 2012 23:32

JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat
Five great shows, the legacy enhanced, everybody in a happy place. Is there any benefit in prolonging the experience and watering down the feelgood factor? A great comparison would be the Cream concerts in 2005. May in London everybody had a great time. October in New York not such a great time.

Very good question. As a live rock 'n roll act they are simply the greatest of all time - really nothing left to prove there. As songwriters (in the category of rock 'n roll bands) they are only surpassed by the Beatles. The only knock on them (fairly or unfairly) in decades is that they can no longer produce great songs. I happen to think that every album they produced through Bridges was excellent - and yes, that includes Dirty Work. But, I am undoubtedly in the minority with this line of thinking. As far as their overall legacy is concerned I think they rank right alongside the Beatles, all things considered. However, if they would suddenly begin to produce great songs again and close with one last great album (or two) then I think they enhance their legacy to the point of overhauling the Beatles. Some think they already have. My gut feeling tells me they will continue doing live shows as long as they are relatively healthy. I don't worry about them suddenly "falling off", because Mick will never allow that to happen in the first place.

Date: December 27, 2012 23:46

BlackHat
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
BlackHat

I am and never have been any of those listed 1 to 5. I love the Stones and think they have been amazing in their recent shows - at the will never regret the £300+ I paid for my ticket to the second 02 show.

I just happen to think that, in terms of how history views then, now would be a good time to stop (at the top). I am sorry if this view offends anyone.

But anyway have fun in guessing who I have been before because it aint none of those listed 1 to 5!!!!

So what's your story Black Hat? Are you going to step forward and tell the truth that we are not one in the same? Or do I assume you are who I think you are and are just up to your old stalking ways?

Date: December 27, 2012 23:47

JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
BlackHat

So what's your story Black Hat? Are you going to step forward and tell the truth that we are not one in the same? Or do I assume you are who I think you are and are just up to your old stalking ways?

WHO do you think I am?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 27, 2012 23:50

WHO do you think I am?....eeeerrr one of those guys from Grumpy Old Men ...

ROCKMAN

Date: December 27, 2012 23:52

I retired from the forum a couple of years ago. My interest in the Stones is now re-energised.

Date: December 27, 2012 23:57

stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
BlackHat

What? I can't hear you! One of your words dropped out! Can you repeat that, only with clarity please?!

Now be a man and apologize. I forgive easily.

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: December 27, 2012 23:59

JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
BlackHat

Go Black Hat Go! You are sharp!

Date: December 28, 2012 00:52

probably should of in 1981

Date: December 28, 2012 00:59

JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
BlackHat

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: December 28, 2012 01:39

The Stones should continue to INdiscretely call it a day, like they've been doing for the last 40 of their 50 years - much to the betterment of rock n' roll and their bank accounts.

Date: December 28, 2012 02:22

BlackHat
JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
BlackHat

WHO do you think I am?

I see that you did clear me of being you. Thank you. Always remember to post your comments below the previous comments. They are easier to find that way. You are obviously not who I thought you might be. If you hadn't responded and set things straight I would have thought you to be that person. I apologize. smileys with beer

Date: December 28, 2012 02:25

BlackHat
I retired from the forum a couple of years ago. My interest in the Stones is now re-energised.

Hopefully they will continue energizing you for years to come.

Date: December 28, 2012 02:39

stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
BlackHat

You might hear better if you removed the pig shit from your ears. Didn't think you had the character to admit you were wrong and apologize.

Date: December 28, 2012 02:45

JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
BlackHat

You might hear better if you removed the pig shit from your ears. Didn't think you had the character to admit you were wrong and apologize.

Date: December 28, 2012 03:22

stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
BlackHat

I already did.

Date: December 28, 2012 03:34

JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat

Date: December 28, 2012 03:36

JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesnow
BlackHat

I already did.

Date: December 28, 2012 03:47

Hey,all I posed was a question. A discussion point.

Feels like I've walked into a mental ward.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 28, 2012 03:48

JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat

Well, BlackHat uses the British variant "energised" whereas JumpinJackOLantern uses "energizing". This suggests that they are from different countries.

unless. . . . .. that's what they WANT us to believe. very sneaky . . . .

Date: December 28, 2012 03:56

drbryant
JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat

Well, BlackHat uses the British variant "energised" whereas JumpinJackOLantern uses "energizing". This suggests that they are from different countries.

unless. . . . .. that's what they WANT us to believe. very sneaky . . . .

JJOL has also uttered the phrase "Thanks, Mate", as have his other alter-egos [MightyStonesStillRollin50]. BlackHat retired a couple of years ago? His user name is only 6 days old. Perhaps he means he retired "thewatchman" and "stonescrow" a couple of years ago in one of his/their notorious farewell threads. BlackHat already admitted in an above post that he's been registered here off and on over a couple of years "under a number of different guises." All these/this poster(s) has is one obsession--the Stones' legacy and going out with a "blaze of glory". Why not get him to list his "number of different guises"? But not to say too much on this now, I don't want to get him/them overly energis/zed....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-28 04:12 by stonesnow.

Date: December 28, 2012 04:24

BlackHat

Yes, your question. The fifth word in your initial post in this thread is "legacy". Does the Stones legacy preoccupy your mind much? Is their "going out on top" important to you? Would their going out with "a lesser bang" trouble your thoughts and perceptions of The Stones? While we're on the subject, what do you think of the prospect of the Sons of Beatles going out on tour?

Date: December 28, 2012 04:40

stonesnow
BlackHat

Yes, your question. The fifth word in your initial post in this thread is "legacy". Does the Stones legacy preoccupy your mind much? Is their "going out on top" important to you? Would their going out with "a lesser bang" trouble your thoughts and perceptions of The Stones? While we're on the subject, what do you think of the prospect of the Sons of Beatles going out on tour?

I am not the Watchman. I was Sir Craven of Cottage!!! I am interested in the Stones legacy from an intellectual/historical point of view and posed a question on that basis. In the two and a half years since I have been away this place has descended from a community where different views were acknowledged and accepted to being a virtual one party state.

I have a view on what the Stones should do. But they walk their own path and I will continue to partake in whatever they do and will hopefully enjoy.

Some of the stuff that has been posted in this thread in just bizarre. Some contributors are living in a twilight zone. I have read this forum in the last two years but not contributed. I know of the Watchman and his Sons of Beatles thing. It's all a bit odd. But he seems to have messed with the heads of many who contribute here.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 28, 2012 05:01

BlackHat
stonesnow
BlackHat

I am not the Watchman. I was Sir Craven of Cottage!!! I am interested in the Stones legacy from an intellectual/historical point of view and posed a question on that basis. In the two and a half years since I have been away this place has descended from a community where different views were acknowledged and accepted to being a virtual one party state.

I have a view on what the Stones should do. But they walk their own path and I will continue to partake in whatever they do and will hopefully enjoy.

Some of the stuff that has been posted in this thread in just bizarre. Some contributors are living in a twilight zone. I have read this forum in the last two years but not contributed. I know of the Watchman and his Sons of Beatles thing. It's all a bit odd. But he seems to have messed with the heads of many who contribute here.

Yes, in fact he seems to be quite smart - as I am sure you are. Although obviously, some of the things he says are bizarre to someone normal such as yourself. Now, may I ask a few questions? If you prefer to decline just say so.

1. How often does Watchman (JJOL) talk to you?

2. When he talks to you, does he sometimes seem to be trying to mess with your head as well? Make you say things that you don't want to say, or do things you don't want to do?

3. Do you feel that the Watchman wants something from you?

4. Why did you kill Sir Craven of Cottage? Do you feel, sometimes, like killing Watchman?

I'll report back once I've had a chance to review your responses.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1907
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home