Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Does anyone else think the Stones should discretely call it a day?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 26, 2012 20:11

StonesTod
i took a survey of each and every concert-goer at the abb oakland show and 52% were not satisfied. still willing to wager?

Nice redundancy. But you really could have and should have said 'I took a survey of each and every indidivual concert-goer at the ABB Oakland show and and it may or may not have been 52% were not satisfied' to really get the point across.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 26, 2012 20:11

flacnvinyl
Yes, actually. They have pushed into unknown territory. We do not know how long they can carry on. But playing rocknroll in their geriatric years can ONLY have bad consequences. How long until one of them looses their bladder on stage or breaks a hip.. If they keep playing, they need to change their dynamics...

No more giant productions... Just a line array and some basic lights. Focus on playing songs that are fun. Forget the 'Start Me Up' crowd. They'll dig Flight 505, Had It With You and She Smiled Sweetly.

If they dig deep and produce a new album, that would be wonderful. Just hope they don't charge $50 for it.
That would be the honorable way to go,and finish their career,but don't count on it,the greed is too much,and they will continue,with the same warhorses,and skinny jeans,till they croak on stage...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 26, 2012 20:12

JumpinJackOLantern
Starr
Were "BlackHat" or "Windmelody" actually at any of those concerts? I've never heard such crap really...! All I saw at 02 in November was a fantastic show by the greatest band in the world, with a capacity crowd (couldn't see one empty seat) who enjoyed every moment of the show. The place was "bouncing" from what I saw (and i was there..!) Regarding the 2007 tour I saw them in 2006 (beginning of the tour) at LA Forum, Sheffield UK in 2007, Cardiff UK after that and then 02 arena London at the end of the tour - AND I MUST SAY every show was absolutely fantastic - the last one in 2007 at 02 was the best and Keef was on fire (despite all the crap about him) from where I was sitting - the place rocked to the rafters believe me if you weren't there.
Makes me wonder to be honest.

"till the next time..."

I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of concert goers at any Stones concert on ABB went home satisfied. That's the bottom line.

Not just a majority but a vast majority? What about a 99% majority? A majory majority? I mean, if you're going to be that elusively specific you might as well get detailed.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 26, 2012 20:35

Anybody sick of The Stones and wishing they would quit, could/should themself quit watching/paying attention to them right now.... it would solve all your issues.... and it would reduce the number of grumpy ass posts from Stones haters.

Date: December 26, 2012 20:42

BlackHat
Five great shows, the legacy enhanced, everybody in a happy place. Is there any benefit in prolonging the experience and watering down the feelgood factor? A great comparison would be the Cream concerts in 2005. May in London everybody had a great time. October in New York not such a great time.

SO YOU JOINED THIS MESSSAGE BOARD LAST WEEK MAINLY BECAUSE YOU WANT THEM TO QUIT AND YOU WANTED TO CREATE THREADS ABOUT THAT?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 26, 2012 20:48

Max'sKansasCity
Anybody sick of The Stones and wishing they would quit, could/should themself quit watching/paying attention to them right now.... it would solve all your issues....

even this wart on my pinky finger?

Date: December 26, 2012 20:49

Max'sKansasCity
BlackHat
Five great shows, the legacy enhanced, everybody in a happy place. Is there any benefit in prolonging the experience and watering down the feelgood factor? A great comparison would be the Cream concerts in 2005. May in London everybody had a great time. October in New York not such a great time.

SO YOU JOINED THIS MESSSAGE BOARD LAST WEEK MAINLY BECAUSE YOU WANT THEM TO QUIT AND YOU WANTED TO CREATE THREADS ABOUT THAT?

can you think of a better reason??

Date: December 26, 2012 20:50

StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
Anybody sick of The Stones and wishing they would quit, could/should themself quit watching/paying attention to them right now.... it would solve all your issues....

It will clear it right up, if it is caused by your dislike for The Stones.

Date: December 26, 2012 20:50

StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
BlackHat

can you think of a better reason??

better reason for what?

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 26, 2012 20:52

Cream were mentioned at the beginning of the post - Jack Bruce has continued to make exceedingly good, exceedingly challenging music as a solo musician.

Should the Stones continue ? Yes, as live they can certainly cut it.

Date: December 26, 2012 20:53

Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity

It will clear it right up, if it is caused by your dislike for The Stones.

i don't just dislike...i loathe....can loathing cause it?

Date: December 26, 2012 20:59

And to answer the this topic AGAIN!! FOR THE 10TH-20TH TIME,
since the EXACT SAME THREAD HAS BEEN STARTED IT REPEATEDLY by
(probably the same) Stones haters/loathers here....

NO let it all play out, let the fun roll on...
The Stones will roll on, until they dont.... no matter what you wish.

Do people have somewhere to be??... then go!!.. be on your way. Quit watching.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 21:01 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 26, 2012 21:02

Max'sKansasCity

NO let it all pay out, let the fun roll on...
The Stones will roll on, until they dont.... no mater what you wish.

so dismissive and hurtful! stones haters are people, too. we're pathetic and wretched, but we do have feelings. please show some sensitivity.

Date: December 26, 2012 21:03

StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity

NO let it all pay out, let the fun roll on...
The Stones will roll on, until they dont.... no mater what you wish.

so dismissive and hurtful! stones haters are people, too. we're pathetic and wretched, but we do have feelings. please show some sensitivity.

NO!! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!!

Date: December 26, 2012 21:10

Will this do..????

Date: December 26, 2012 21:13

A guillotine would be much more humane, they are people, with feelings, after all, no need to be cruel.

Date: December 26, 2012 21:14

You know, this being the festive holiday season and all.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 26, 2012 21:20

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: December 26, 2012 21:26

BlackHat

that's what they said in 68, 70, 76,1980, 1990, etc...so no, keep it going...they dont have to play up to your fantasies, I hope they play until they croak

Date: December 26, 2012 21:28

flacnvinyl

The suggested videolink after the video is better

Date: December 26, 2012 21:30

seitan
BlackHat

that's what they said in 68, 70, 76,1980, 1990, etc...so no, keep it going...they dont have to play up to your fantasies, I hope they play until they croak
X2 RIGHT ON!!smileys with beer you can say that again!

Date: December 26, 2012 21:30

Max'sKansasCity
Understand Max,l do believe this indeed will be a more humane punishment to those hateful Stones haters..winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 26, 2012 21:31

I hope they play until they croak .... sorry they've gotta leave that one for Clarence Henry

ROCKMAN

Date: December 26, 2012 21:41

ROPENI
Max'sKansasCity
Understand Max,l do believe this indeed will be a more humane punishment to those hateful Stones haters..winking smiley
Yes, yes... much better, after all, we are not without compassion,
especially this time of year, or on other happy holidays.... but good luck in between!! winking smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 26, 2012 21:57

BlackHat, you're a drag.

Go pester Neil Young.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 26, 2012 22:02

What a dumb thread......

Date: December 26, 2012 22:04

Max'sKansasCity
ROPENI
Max'sKansasCity
Yes, yes... much better, after all, we are not without compassion,
especially this time of year, or on other happy holidays.... but good luck in between!! winking smiley
Hey btw, is that BV ready to pull the cord? on poor Stones Tod???

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 26, 2012 22:27

I do not think that they should stop. I've seen many shows since 1973, both Stones and otherwise. On any given night on the Bigger Bang Tour, they were still the greatest rock band on the planet - I was at the LA Forum in March 2006, at Saitama a month later and at Atlantic City later that year, and all were superb shows. But, the two shows I saw on this "tour", the second night at the O2 and the PPV show in NJ, were just as good. I doubt that anyone, even those people who were in the "nosebleeds", left unhappy. The kind of shows that you'll remember all your life. And that's the reason I hope they continue. I am fortunate - I can afford to see these shows, and have a schedule that allows me to get away for a couple of days. I know that other long-time fans are not as fortunate; I also know that many young people, who would love the opportunity to see the Stones, have also been priced out of the market. Many long-time fans have become bitter as a result, which is (I believe) one of the reasons that threads like this exist. I think that everyone that wants to see the band should have the opportunity - which is why I think the Stonesshould take the greatest show on Earth on the road again, playing larger venues for affordable prices.

I felt the same way about the Zep O2 show. I remember struggling for two months to get one ticket to the Zep reunion, flying all the way to London, and being floored by how great it was. I remember walking out of the Arena, calling my wife, and saying that I couldn't wait to see them on tour and that I wanted to take my daughters. Of course, that never happened, and I think it's a real shame - there were many, many loyal first generation fans that got shut out of that show and I know that many younger fans would treasure the memories if they had been able to see the band live.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 22:30 by drbryant.

Posted by: wildwildhorses ()
Date: December 26, 2012 22:31

Hey Blackhat,
time to change hats...perhaps a dunce`s hat ? seems like your on the wrong site boy.
they are on a roll and I for one are loving it....great music, great times by the greatest band...why stop now.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 26, 2012 22:33

... a day .... Nrrrrr there's gotta be a better name for the album than that

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home