Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
Does anyone else think the Stones should discretely call it a day? (An honest question hijacked by a few paranoid nut jobs)
Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: December 26, 2012 11:56

Five great shows, the legacy enhanced, everybody in a happy place. Is there any benefit in prolonging the experience and watering down the feelgood factor? A great comparison would be the Cream concerts in 2005. May in London everybody had a great time. October in New York not such a great time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-28 11:11 by BlackHat.

Re: Does anyone else think the Stones should discretely call it a day?
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 26, 2012 12:13

You have a point here, but I assume that they will play some more concerts. I hope they can keep up their motivation. It is good that they did not stop on the horrible level of 2007.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 12:13 by windmelody.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 26, 2012 12:14

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 26, 2012 12:17

BlackHat
Five great shows, the legacy enhanced, everybody in a happy place.

They only could call it a day if I had seen them...
so they have to wait til next year´s shows end. grinning smiley

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 26, 2012 12:42

No! More PPV's! Once a year, with as many arena shows as necessary for them to do
a good PPV. More Taylor! More surprise guests!

Its a winning formula. With legs. They can do it for five more years easy, maybe ten.

So kindly refrain from any talk of them quitting. We can have a Merry Stones
Christmas every year from now on for the forseeable future. Two new tracks
every year too.

I'm serious.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: December 26, 2012 13:22

superrevvy
So kindly refrain from any talk of them quitting. We can have a Merry Stones
Christmas every year from now on for the forseeable future. Two new tracks
every year too.

In Norway it was shown on regular TV. If they get the right guests, maybe the
Stones can get their Christmas special on regular TV everywhere, like Bing
Crosby. With special guest David Bowie, for example, think about it!

Then there would be the live shows leading up to it, for the cult and the
event junkies, and a free! Stones celebration every single holiday season
for the rest of us on TV.

I can't see any problem with this plan. The Stones make money, and we get free
Stones every year, or special live in person shows for the more fortunate
and/or devoted. (these "dress rehearsal" shows shared of course with the rest
of us on youtube).

I've enjoyed them quite a bit more on DVD than live anyway for quite a while,
so I'm ready to roll with this new era. How about you? and if not, why not?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 13:29 by superrevvy.

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: December 26, 2012 13:35

I saw them in Madrid 2007, and it was very lame, but the ppv show was great!!!

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: December 26, 2012 13:58

If they play like they did this month, I think they should go a little longer, but the warhorse problem is reaching new heights in my opinion. I personally would have removed at least 5 songs from that PPV set and put in some gems like Lady Jane etc.. but you all have heard me preach this before LOL

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 26, 2012 14:08

Not if Ronnie has anything to do with it:

Rolling Stones will never retire, declares newly married Ronnie Wood

Ronnie Wood, who has married for a third time, says the Rolling Stones will carry on performing until they can no longer stand up.

Ronnie Wood has been given a new lease of life by Sally Humphreys, the 34-year-old theatre producer whom he married at the Dorchester on Friday night.

The 65-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist, who has been married twice before, says the band will follow their successful recent concerts by performing until they can no longer stand up.

“I think of Howlin’ Wolf plugging in to his kidney machine, however old he was, 80 or something, and still playing,” says Wood. “You just rock till you drop.”

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: Barnestormer ()
Date: December 26, 2012 14:23

NEVER!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 26, 2012 14:30

someone tell woody that the wolf was 65 when he croaked.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 26, 2012 14:46

WHy would day if they are playing better than the Voodoo Lounge tour.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 26, 2012 15:25

Yes they should, but won't, their greed for more and more money is too much,they will continue making fools of themselves,trying to act like young guys when they are very old.....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: December 26, 2012 15:45

Were "BlackHat" or "Windmelody" actually at any of those concerts? I've never heard such crap really...! All I saw at 02 in November was a fantastic show by the greatest band in the world, with a capacity crowd (couldn't see one empty seat) who enjoyed every moment of the show. The place was "bouncing" from what I saw (and i was there..!) Regarding the 2007 tour I saw them in 2006 (beginning of the tour) at LA Forum, Sheffield UK in 2007, Cardiff UK after that and then 02 arena London at the end of the tour - AND I MUST SAY every show was absolutely fantastic - the last one in 2007 at 02 was the best and Keef was on fire (despite all the crap about him) from where I was sitting - the place rocked to the rafters believe me if you weren't there.
Makes me wonder to be honest.

"till the next time..."

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 26, 2012 15:48

It's pretty clear the clock is ticking, but there's still a few minutes until midnight. What's of the essence now is that the Stones are playing each gig as it were their last.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 26, 2012 15:50

No.

Posted by: tallstone ()
Date: December 26, 2012 16:30

No no no no no no no

Date: December 26, 2012 16:42

but when you quit, you quit, but you always wish that you knew it was your last shot

Date: December 26, 2012 17:22

ROPENI
Yes they should, but won't, their greed for more and more money is too much,they will continue making fools of themselves,trying to act like young guys when they are very old.....

i don't know what it is, man - but i looove your attitude

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: December 26, 2012 17:46

BlackHat
Five great shows, the legacy enhanced, everybody in a happy place. Is there any benefit in prolonging the experience and watering down the feelgood factor? A great comparison would be the Cream concerts in 2005. May in London everybody had a great time. October in New York not such a great time.

Of course — for all those not having attended any/all, of the 2012 shows. Apparently they don't count in your view?

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 26, 2012 17:46

Yes, actually. They have pushed into unknown territory. We do not know how long they can carry on. But playing rocknroll in their geriatric years can ONLY have bad consequences. How long until one of them looses their bladder on stage or breaks a hip.. If they keep playing, they need to change their dynamics...

No more giant productions... Just a line array and some basic lights. Focus on playing songs that are fun. Forget the 'Start Me Up' crowd. They'll dig Flight 505, Had It With You and She Smiled Sweetly.

If they dig deep and produce a new album, that would be wonderful. Just hope they don't charge $50 for it.

Date: December 26, 2012 17:50

flacnvinyl
How long until one of them looses their bladder on stage or breaks a hip..

you wouldn't pay top dollar to see that?? i just hope it's announced on their i-phone app in advance....

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 26, 2012 17:52

No, keep going. Keep playing and bringing enjoyment. No need to stop now.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: December 26, 2012 17:53

Yes, Mick. And thank you for asking.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 26, 2012 19:12

flacnvinyl

If they dig deep and produce a new album, that would be wonderful. Just hope they don't charge $50 for it.

I should think they'll charge considerably more than that, at least for the superdeluxe version.

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: December 26, 2012 19:43

I don't care if it's discreet or not but
yes, just call it quits.

They could keep going but only if they restrict themselves to
small club dates and only play blues.

Folks say they ain't gonna do that, so just quit.

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Date: December 26, 2012 19:48

Starr
Were "BlackHat" or "Windmelody" actually at any of those concerts? I've never heard such crap really...! All I saw at 02 in November was a fantastic show by the greatest band in the world, with a capacity crowd (couldn't see one empty seat) who enjoyed every moment of the show. The place was "bouncing" from what I saw (and i was there..!) Regarding the 2007 tour I saw them in 2006 (beginning of the tour) at LA Forum, Sheffield UK in 2007, Cardiff UK after that and then 02 arena London at the end of the tour - AND I MUST SAY every show was absolutely fantastic - the last one in 2007 at 02 was the best and Keef was on fire (despite all the crap about him) from where I was sitting - the place rocked to the rafters believe me if you weren't there.

"till the next time..."

I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of concert goers at any Stones concert on ABB went home satisfied. That's the bottom line.

Date: December 26, 2012 19:50

andrewt
It's pretty clear the clock is ticking, but there's still a few minutes until midnight. What's of the essence now is that the Stones are playing each gig as it were their last.

Very dramatic! I like it!thumbs upthumbs up

Date: December 26, 2012 19:53

JumpinJackOLantern
Starr

"till the next time..."

I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of concert goers at any Stones concert on ABB went home satisfied. That's the bottom line.

i took a survey of each and every concert-goer at the abb oakland show and 52% were not satisfied. still willing to wager?

Date: December 26, 2012 20:02

StonesTod
JumpinJackOLantern
Starr

"till the next time..."

i took a survey of each and every concert-goer at the abb oakland show and 52% were not satisfied. still willing to wager?

It was actually 5.2% and they were all unemployed musicians! Ouch! 4.7% of that 5.2% were guitar "pickers" that post here on a daily basis. Hopefully they will find work in the New Year! Ouch!

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1305
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home